Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wish - the website

Anyone used this much? I brought some 'knock off Lego' which is pretty good. Seems to be full of 95% shite. Anyone found anything worth while?

Comments

• Options
    Got some POC cycling sunglasses and a POC cycling helmet about 6 months ago. Assumed both would be moody for the price I paid, but they were either genuine or the best copies I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Have used it.  Lot of the clothes poor quality but you get what you pay for I guess.  Have to be patient as shipping from China takes weeks.  There is also Joom.com - very similar but prices include shipping.
  • Options
    Got some POC cycling sunglasses and a POC cycling helmet about 6 months ago. Assumed both would be moody for the price I paid, but they were either genuine or the best copies I have ever seen.
    A lot of the 'moody' stuff out here isn't outright fake, there are a lot of factory rejects around with tiny defects.
  • Options
    Its such a lottery on there, but quite a lot of the time worth this risk
  • Options
    Agree a lot of decent stuff, some absolute shite. 

Quite a lot as Stu says is original items already made in China etc that fail quality inspections, and now rather than being wasted are being sold at a huge discount. 
  • Options
    I buy a lot of fishing gear from there and never had any problems.

As others have mentioned, dispatch from
    china can take a while so don’t shop there if you want things quickly! 

Asides from that, I have nothing negative to say about wish... used it probably 15-20 times. 
  • Options
    Bought a few cheap bits and pieces. Some is ok some is rubbish. Thing I have found most is that delivery is invariably very late so after a week past date I ask for a refund which is readily given. Several times the item has arrived much much later. Wouldn’t pay more than a few quid for stuff though. 
  • Options
    what is this website? - never heard of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    what is this website? - never heard of it.
    www.wish.com
    www.joom.com

both can be addictive...and require patience...
  • Options
    Sounds just the products Trump is trying to stop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going by the facebook adverts it seems to be a load of bizarre sex toys?
  • Options
    Excellent place to procure smoke bombs, flares, tasers, weed grinders, bugle hiding devices, knives, crossbows, crossbow bolts, shurukens, nunchuks and knuckle dusters 

And blow up paddling pools. Aside from that, they are purveyors of shit

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Quite a lot as Stu says is original items already made in China etc that fail quality inspections, and now rather than being wasted are being sold at a huge discount. 
    Imagine how cheap the stuff is here, with full reviews so you know the exact quality of what you're buying.

If they closed TaoBao, I'm not sure I could carry on living here!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Imagine how cheap the stuff is here, with full reviews so you know the exact quality of what you're buying.

Lol... I could. My mum and I still buy most things from physical shops, supermarkets and department stores. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jessie said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Lol... I could. My mum and I still buy most things from physical shops, supermarkets and department stores. 
    Most of my shopping is done on taobao or amazon!  I love a bargain and especially for imported stuff, online shops can't be beaten.

When we first met my wife called me mental for even buying toilet roll online, now she sees how much money we save, she loves it.
  • Options
    Interesting I've never heard of Taobao, had a quick look on there and its all in Mandarin with no option to change the language?
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of Wish until a golfer on YouTube bought a 'top end' driver for less than half price for a laugh. It went about 2/3 the distance of his usual one then broke after about half a dozen shots. £150 down the drain if you or I had bought it. 
  • Options
    Interesting I've never heard of Taobao, had a quick look on there and its all in Mandarin with no option to change the language?
    That's cos it's a Chinese website probably aimed at the Chinese people.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe @Stu_of_Kunming speaks good mandarin then, because I can’t make any use of that site whatsoever. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mean pushing it through google translate gives you lines like:

"you may also like
    Recommend the best baby for you in real time"
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe @Stu_of_Kunming speaks good mandarin then, because I can’t make any use of that site whatsoever. 
    The main language in Kunming is Mandarin I believe.... But here you go, you can actually understand some of it... Some you have to further translate. 

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?spm=a21wu.10013406-cat-tw.0.0.54995113vIGIak&depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-TW&sp=nmt4&u=https://world.taobao.com/&xid=17259,15700019,15700186,15700191,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271,15700283&usg=ALkJrhj_FCmHGNIKyD4z9eQL5bwPMCynlw
  • Options

Wish, Joom etc

I'm always well behind the curve in terms of websites. Hadn't heard of alibaba or AirBNB until years after they were well established etc

How do people hear about these things?

• Options

Wish, Joom etc

I'm always well behind the curve in terms of websites. Hadn't heard of alibaba or AirBNB until years after they were well established etc

My 14 year old daughter.  They're all on it at school...!
  • Options

Wish, Joom etc

Adverts on prawnographic sites. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yeah, my Chinese is pretty good, living here for the last 8 years has helped a little ;)
  • Options

Wish, Joom etc

alibaba ? Only heard of the 40 thieves
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Most of my shopping is done on taobao or amazon!  I love a bargain and especially for imported stuff, online shops can't be beaten.

When we first met my wife called me mental for even buying toilet roll online, now she sees how much money we save, she loves it.
    I must say some products on Taobao are insanely cheap. I just bought a wall calendar and it's only 5.80 yuan including shipping costs. I've no idea how they make any profit with that price🤣