Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vietnam

edited December 2019 in Not Sports Related
Just been offered a 2 year role working for a bank in Vietnam (HCM City). Just wondered in there’s an Lifers living over there who I can get some info?

Comments

• Love Ho Chi Min ... great city ... utter chaos ... all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff around it like the Mekong Delta... 

Its hot and sweaty... and chaos and the traffic lights don't mean anything... walking directly into oncoming traffic and the mopeds weaving around you... amazing food ... 

You only live once mate.. depending on the work I'd fucking do it... 
  • A friend of mine worked there for about three years. That was enough for him.

As @mascot88 says, it's a chaotic city made worse because they are still building the underground system, which should make things better.

But it has a cheap cost of living, great food, some good nightlife, easy trips out of town, plenty of coffee shops and restaurants in which to relax. Make sure you don't live too far from work

Do it!!!

• Great opportunity. Go for it. Living abroad will change you in so many ways. 
  • Absolutely incredible city, What an opportunity!
  • Good morning
  • A lively modern city, terrible traffic, and can be tricky to cross roads...Plenty of decent restaurants and even craft beer places now
  • love love loved HCM

its bonkers

do it!