Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHN MEATON - Baggage supervisor HERO!!

Comments

• Options
    Bless, watched the footage of him for a while on Saturday - he really does need subtitles!!
  • Options
    LOL, great stuff.
  • Options
    "That’s right Osama, this is how we do things in Raintown. This ain’t London. There’s no stiff English upper lip here, no WAGs. And it sure ain’t Edinburgh - they’d all be hiding in Harvey Nicks and hysterically babbling about their Tuscan villas. There’s no ‘Big J’ in Edinburgh airport, there’s no ‘Smeato’ at Heathrow. Here we take the law into our own hands. And feet."

Now you know why I'm proud to be an adopted Weegie!
  • Options
    No WAGs? are all their superstar footballers gay then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]No WAGs? are all their superstar footballers gay then?

I'd think twice before saying that out loud in this mean city, Curb_It...
  • Options
    Big butch manly men in Glasgow Curb_it.

Besides, they don't have any superstar footballers!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Big butch manly men in Glasgow Curb_it.

Besides, they don't have any superstar footballers!!!!!

D*mn, wish I'd thought of that reply!
  • Options
    well i was kind of using the word superstar in a slightly sarcastic manner.

ive been to glasgow about 5 times now.. i've no desire to go back.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You obviously didn't go to the right places - give me a shout next time and I'll show you the nice bits!
  • Options
    has the would be terrorist been charged yet ?.....they should be able to get him for smoking near the terminal at the very least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]has the would be terrorist been charged yet ?.....they should be able to get him for smoking near the terminal at the very least.

LOL - very good!

Maybe that's all it was. An elaborate plan to put the case for smokers rights?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You obviously didn't go to the right places - give me a shout next time and I'll show you the nice bits!

Is there any truth in the story that in a recent survey to find "the best place to be in Glasgow" the clear winner - with 95% of the vote - was the airport departure lounge?
  • Options
    i took les to glasgow a couple of years ago. thought it was great. went to a gig at the barrowlands, went out for drinks in a bar called nice n sleazy or something like that and went on an open top tour of the city, which pointed out some great things.
    we also went to see celtic v hearts and drank with hardcore celtic fans in some of the pubs near barrowlands before the game necking buckfast whilst walking up to the ground. it was an excellent weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    last time i was there i had imaginary bullets fired into my head by a belfast rangers supporter... her didnt like my choice of song.

which then caused a fight in the pub as some celtic supporters had taken offence as i had stopped singing (and stopped their enjoyment of said song) due to the imaginary bullets being fired in my direction... the 15 girls i was with were very unimpressed with me! i didnt realise people took it all so seriously :-)
  • Options
    B, what is a belfast rangers supporter?
  • Options
    what it says it is?!!

a person who is from Belfast and supports Rangers.
  • Options
    Jocko land is full of gingers MCS. Just thought I'd point that out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what it says it is?!!

a person who is from Belfast and supports Rangers.

oh, gotcha! sorry been a heavy weekend!

[cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jocko land is full of gingers MCS. Just thought I'd point that out.

right, i will avoid like the plague then, ginger people are wrong-uns, cheers Offy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jocko land is full of gingers MCS. Just thought I'd point that out.

right, i will avoid like the plague then, ginger people are wrong-uns, cheers Offy

You ain't wrong there fella - right bunch of freaks they are!
  • Options
    dont bite MCS. You know he's just being his usual aggravating self.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]dont bite MCS. You know he's just being his usual aggravating self.

"Aggravating"?????
    :oO
  • Options
    i wasnt biting! That was supposed to be a joke lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i wasnt biting! That was supposed to be a joke lol!

I'm not "aggravating", am I mate?
  • Options
    Only place i've been into a pub where the bar had floor to ceiling perspex infront of it, you ordered your drinks & paid for your drinks at one serving hatch, then went to the other end of the bar where they passed them through a pint sized hole... i didn't have a second one.

I like edinburgh
  • Options
    Glasgow is a wicked city.

My company is based up there so i go up a bit. First time i went up there i was expecting a bomb site with people wanting to stab me the whole time but there are some really cool bars and clubs up there and the people are alright.

And for the ladies - the shops are supposed to be really good too.
  • Options
    Edinburgh is superficial. Glasgow is real. It helps to know where to go, though, and I would certainly recommend avoiding the Old Firm nonsense!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i wasnt biting! That was supposed to be a joke lol!

I'm not "aggravating", am I mate?

course not dude although i can see why curb it thought i was biting having read it back!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Edinburgh is superficial. Glasgow is real. It helps to know where to go, though, and I would certainly recommend avoiding the Old Firm nonsense!

That's like saying that Greenwich is superficial but Deptford is "real". It just means that one is a total toilet and the other isn't!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]last time i was there i had imaginary bullets fired into my head by a belfast rangers supporter... .

Your singing that bad!!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Unfortunately, everybody seems to be missing the one sad side to this story. SE10Addick was even deluded enough to think that the truth was far better than it is.

Yes, it's sad, but Mr Smeaton is that 'S' away from being privileged enough to share a surname with me....