Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Imperial War Museum

A good exhibition “A Culture under Attack” is worth seeing and the revamped museum. 

Comments

• Options
    I'm a volunteer guide at IWM. Just to add, "Culture under Attack" is a temporary exhibition that ends on 5th January - so be quick off the mark if you want to see it.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    A good exhibition “A Culture under Attack” is worth seeing and the revamped museum. 
    Bit of a confusing image.
  • Options
    What's it about?

How having survived the Blitz the white working class have all but disappeared from the East End of London?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Went there a couple weeks ago and found that bit dull. Seeing my first spitfire in the flesh made me completely well up though.

The second world war exhibition is absolutely exceptional, and to be fair to the other exhibitions, the only reason I went. 
  • Options
    I love the IWM.  Dad and Nan took me there as a kid and have been back twice with my eldest daughter.

Was totally gobsmacked at the Holocaust exhibit a few years ago, not sure if its still there but well worth a look.
  • Options
    Holocaust closed, SWW closing soon, both reopening new next year though
  • Options
    The IWM North in Manchester is worth a visit too, it's more about the human aspects in war
  • Options
    Was going to say - an indefinite article makes a hell of a difference here. For those unaware, it's called 'Culture Under Attack', no 'A', permission to get excited denied
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I love the IWM.  Dad and Nan took me there as a kid and have been back twice with my eldest daughter.

Was totally gobsmacked at the Holocaust exhibit a few years ago, not sure if its still there but well worth a look.
    Truly moving when I saw it several years ago.  Remember the IMW being packed with school trips with loads of kids arsing around.  The silence from those kids when they went through the Holocaust exhibit and the look on their faces at the end shows why we should never, ever forget the depths to which the human race can sink, never forget those who fought against it and never allow it to happen again.