Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Winter Wonderland 2019

Anyone done it this year.

I am there now

Ice Kingdom and Big Wheel on schedule

Comments

• Hope you got deep pockets. 
  • Rides are too expensive and the same 6 stalls repeating around the place. 
  • The missus decided she wanted to go on a weekend when no trains were running at our local station so had to get the replacement buses. Then walked from charing x, took almost 4 hours just to get there. Wasn't exactly in the Christmas spirit by the time we arrived!
  • Literally, why would you do this to yourself 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Rides are too expensive and the same 6 stalls repeating around the place. 
    Yep 18 quid to go on one bloody rollercoaster. More than half what it costs to get into Thorpe Park.
  • I went once, never again. Was dangerously overcrowded and you couldn’t get near any of the bars/food places. 
  • A bit disappointed TBH not been for the last 2 years but when I came in 2016 it was alot more festive, seemed this year more fairground attractions than christmas stuff
  • It's alright but nothing special, and expensive for what it is
  • I went once, never again. Was dangerously overcrowded and you couldn’t get near any of the bars/food places. 
    100% agree, went with the family a couple of years ago, was expecting a lot more, even my kids weren't impressed.
  • It's a place for tourists, don't get why any Londoner puts themselves through it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Most overrated bollocks I’ve ever attended 
  • Talal said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yep 18 quid to go on one bloody rollercoaster. More than half what it costs to get into Thorpe Park.
    £18 for how many people?
  • PopIcon said:
    Talal said:
    MrOneLung said:
    £18 for how many people?
    One, I think. It's done in tokens, we quickly worked it out before walking on by. 
  • Couldn't think of anything worse 
  • The high prices of the rides keeps the riff raff away 😉
  • we used to do winterville in clapham - much better a 1/4 of the size and less wankers. although was cancelled this year. 
  • Solidgone said:
    The high prices of the rides keeps the riff raff away 😉
    Nah. I’ve seen @Red_in_SE8 there.
  • went flat iron sqaure on saturday - pretty good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a fraudulent payment debited on my bank account from this thing. £102. Wtf.....I thought it was tickets to a London show.

(Card now cancelled & replaced. Over one weekend they also spent £150 in JD Sports, £32 in Pizza Hut & another &120 somewhere else. All refunded by my bank)
  • Had a fraudulent payment debited on my bank account from this thing. £102. Wtf.....I thought it was tickets to a London show.

(Card now cancelled & replaced. Over one weekend they also spent £150 in JD Sports, £32 in Pizza Hut & another &120 somewhere else. All refunded by my bank)
    People like this are scum, I'm glad you got your money back.
  • edited December 2019
    Instead of going there..Take the family on a day trip to Cologne...50 minutes on a plane, 25 minutes on the train to the city centre. S Bahn is located under the terminal 5 minutes walk from passport control. You can usually get an early flight and a late one home, book early enough with just an empty small case for goodies, job done.
  • Anyone over the age of 14 that goes to Winter Wonderland needs to have a massive word with themselves
  • se9addick said:
    Anyone over the age of 14 that goes to Winter Wonderland needs to have a massive word with themselves
    Even people with kids?
  • Been a few times in the past but never again
  • Never been.  Liked seeing the videos of the lads scrapping and the security guards beating someone up.  Sounds like money well spent
  • edited December 2019
    .cabbles said:
    Never been.  Liked seeing the videos of the lads scrapping and the security guards beating someone up.  Sounds like money well spent
    feel free to share these videos, i'm well bored today
  • I went last week. Left after 40 minutes, just cant see how the manic chaos is enjoyable. The only Christmas part was the market as you walked in. Then again im a miserable so and so at christmas