Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Peters RIP

Comments

• Options
    Oh wow.
    A gentleman and a scholar of the first order, both on and off the pitch.
    RIP.......Old Chap......RIP.
  • Options
    RIP a legend whose name will always live in the hearts of English football supporters.
  • Options
    Another one gone of the Boys of 66. Great player and a dignified man, RIP.  
  • Options
    Sad news, RIP
  • Options
    Elegant player who was ahead of his time. RIP.
  • Options
    Always thought he would have gone on to be a very good manager. Great footballer though. RIP
  • Options
    Top player and decent bloke.
    Played 206 games for Norwich city and I saw him play many times.
    Probably the best footballer I've ever seen.
    Much talk of him ghosting from midfield to score but he had the ability to play in many positions.
    Could defend and I think I remember him playing centre half and full back as well as an accomplished midfilder and striker.
    Sad day for Norwich City F.C. and football supporters everywhere who were privileged to see him play.
    Thanks for the memories Martin Peters, R.I.P. 

• Options
    Just read that he had Alzheimer’s. Awful disease.
    Makes me hope that, sad as this news is, it may have been a blessing.
    Lots of West Ham in my family, they’ll be gutted today.

RIP
  • Options
    I think it's because they were household names when I started watching football, when people like Martin Peters and Gordon Banks pass away I do feel very, very sad. 

Like I said to a colleague who had no interest in football who asked me about George Best when he died, Martin Peters really was as good as they say he was.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Martin World Cup Winner and elegant player who scored his fair share of goals ghosting in from midfield.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Lovely man, had the privilege of meeting him, so understated despite what he achieved. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    This is really sad. What a fucking legend.
  • Options
    Remember him playing for Spurs with Ralph Coates and Alan Gilzean.
  • Options
    So sad to hear the news.  I met him at a Spurs Legends event just after the 2008 Carling Cup Final.  Such a gentleman.

Was only at Spurs for 5 years but won the UEFA Cup and 2 League Cups playing behind Martin Chivers.  I believe he won the ECWC with West Ham too.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful memories Martin, you were exciting and a pleasure to watch.
                   RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    If some of the mediocre midfielders are worth £50 mil what would Martin Peters be worth now? A true legend and a English Gentleman. Thanks for the memories. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If some of the mediocre midfielders are worth £50 mil what would Martin Peters be worth now? A true legend and a English Gentleman. Thanks for the memories. RIP.
    Norwich City signed him from Spurs for £50,000.
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP
    Saw him play for Sheffield Utd at the Valley in 80/81. I think I saw Alan Ball playing for Portsmouth that season as well. Two of the youngest players in the 66 team. 
  • Options
    RIP to the Ghost.
  • Options
    RIP
    Saw him play for Sheffield Utd at the Valley in 80/81. I think I saw Alan Ball playing for Portsmouth that season as well. Two of the youngest players in the 66 team. 
    Alan Ball was with Blackpool but yes both World Cup legends were player-mangers/coaches in the 3rd division in 80-81 and saw them both.
    Also remember Martin Peters scoring all 4 in a 4-0 Spurs win at Old Trafford.
    Also his parting was very pronounced on his coin in the Esso World Cup 70's collection which he was the face for popping up on the front of garages across the country. Lovely to hear he was a true gent.
    RIP Martin.

• Options
    Legend as far as we who were alive and watched the 1966 World Cup win are concerned .. terrific player who deserved to win more at club level
    R I P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP ! Forever one of the legends.
  • Options
    One of England's finest ever footballers and forever a legend for that glorious day in July 1966. 53 years ago - my God.

RIP Martin.