Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Floydd appreciation thread

edited July 2007 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Umm....his goal against boro is all i've got on him.

Though he had a blinder in dreamgirls with danny glover.
  • Options
    Lots of Love.

From your friends at Greggs

xxxxx
  • Options
    He scored a few goals the season before last and if a club could afford his wages he could do a job for them.

Anyone agree?
  • Options
    He actually contributed quite a few assists and moments of real quality BUT we were too poor a side to be able to support and mask his lack of sheer workrate.

That is why he often looked bad.

Marcus Bent was much the same but without the occasional moments of quality!!
  • Options
    Totally Henry- i think a newly promoted side should....

Oh sorry- we've released him so we don't need to sell him.
  • Options
    He had guts.....I'll give him that.
  • Options
    Not as lazy as Big Bent (just unfit, probably) but still a waste of space and our money. Thought he was going to be another Paolo Di Canio, and really play his heart out for us, but sadly wasnt to be.
  • Options
    Cracking finish at Millwall briefly shut the chavs up....

Err, thats about it.

One of my most hated players ever, he never stood a chance with me even if he had of banged in 20 goals.
  • Options
    If his wages could be afforded by a club then since he scored a fair few goals in 2005/2006 he could do a job for them I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cunningstunt87 that was funny
  • Options
    Cheers Jimmy, it was always a pleasure watching you play.

Everytime i got concerned about my expanding waistline, i'd see you trying to squeeze you're Nutty Professor frame into a pair of XXL shorts, and i'd leave feeling a whole lot better about myself !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]If his wages could be afforded by a club then since he scored a fair few goals in 2005/2006 he could do a job for them I think.[/quote]

I'd go as far to say that he could do a job for someone. They'd have to find his wages but he did score a lot of goals season before last.
  • Options
    Great tackle on Konchesky and then an equally great through ball for Darren Bent's goal vs West Ham, other than that...
  • Options
    Great goal away to Chelsea.

Charlton tactics usually mean pacy forwards running the channels - but poor old JFH no longer had pace and couldn't play that game. What he needed was service in and around the box but we didn't even supply Darren Bent with service.....

JFH did come up with a number of assists but we rarely played to suit his game and so his lack of mobility was exposed.
    In another side, with players willing to do his running, Jimmy may have picked up 10 goals or more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Great goal away to Chelsea.

Which he didn't celebrate- He also played a big part in a great Carson save in that match, doesn't justify his wages or motives for joining us ( ITV4 TV Commentary et al)

Just another example of Iain Dowie going mad with (sugar daddy) Richard Murray's well intentioned money. :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He actually contributed quite a few assists and moments of real quality !!

Really Len - I am struggling to remember 1 - please enlighten me
  • Options
    Offhand, he 'made' the penalty away to West Scam forcing Gabbidon as last man to handle to prevent him scoring.

Naturally, as last man, Gabbidon wasn't sent off - meaning he didn't have to appeal or even have his suspension doubled.

JFH also created an open goal for Darren Bent to put us in front home to Arsenal - but, of course, should have equalised with that header 2 minutes from the end.

I'm sure there were more......but, erm.....I actually can't remember!
    Over to you Len? ;-)
  • Options
    Fat
  • Options
    chesterfield?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CommentAuthorLedge Knows CommentTime14 hours ago edited permalinkquoteblock userblock comment
    Posted By: LenGlover
    He actually contributed quite a few assists and moments of real quality !!

Really Len - I am struggling to remember 1 - please enlighten me

he assisted in lighting our bank account and his real quality was eating meat pies
  • Options
    So that's why Hasselbaink and Reid missed so much of the season.

You could just imagine the both of them hiding in the boot cupboard at Sparrows Lane - with a crate full of pies pinched from the canteen. ;-)