Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby's assist

Dillon put the ball into the area, a QPR player headed it to Naby who scored.

Officially no assist for us but being a bit of an unofficial stat person I would like to give the assist to Dillon

Any views?????????

Comments

• Options
    Agree LL. He deserves it anyway!
  • Options
    Could argue that its Dillon's assist as it was his ball that forced the error from the Rangers player which became nothing more than a deflection into Naby's path
  • Options
    If the QPR player had headed it into the net it would have been an own goal. So no assist for Dillon, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Hmmmn.
    Tricky one.
  • Options
    A rare example of two players on opposite teams assisting each other for goals in the same game...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A rare example of two players on opposite teams assisting each other for goals in the same game...
    Yes, the thread title could be about Naby's assist for the first QPR goal!
  • Options
    Kevin de Bruyne's masterclass last week when he either assisted or scored every goal was fantastic but one of the assists did come off the defender but was still given to KDB. Not as obvious as a backward header but still...
  • Options
    Defo assist. It was a deflection. If Dills had crossed it from the bye line and it flicked a defenders head he would still have been attributed.
  • Options
    Yeah but Dillon's distribution is no good so how can he have an assist?

Seriously I'd give it to him.
  • Options
    Give it to him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The crucial decision, if defender had missed ball, would it still have fell to Naby? Not sure it would.
  • Options
    Some picky people on him. His ball forced the error and the error led to the goal. Dillon’s assist. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yes, the thread title could be about Naby's assist for the first QPR goal!
    That’s exactly what I thought it was about !