Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great QPR report

My QPR supporting mate sent me this report from Saturday's match. It's really well written and quite flattering to Charlton and our support.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51529/profligate-qpr-punished-by-sarrs-sickener--report

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoyed that, BB ! 

Very Nolanesque ( sp?) 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    That guy went viral last season with his report of a 4-0 away defeat to Norwich! One of the better football writers around 
  • Options
    "Charlton were tits deep in shit themselves"

brilliant
  • Options

Few good chuckles in there-

"Honestly, I love it when it’s like this. Captivating, absorbing, incompetent nonsense. Monkeys in the bottom of the cage, pooh being flung everywhere. Come on, we’ve all had a drink"

And his remarks on our support at the end are interesting-

Attendance – 16,166 (3,000 Charlton approx.) No better place to be in the world when it’s like this. Absolutely packed, end to end game, floodlights streaming down, fantastic away support* the likes of which we haven’t seen down here probably since Newcastle were last in this league… Nowhere I’d rather be.

(* Leeds would have taken more)"

• Options
    Yes I noticed the comments at the end . Strange as I thought there were times when we went a bit quiet compared to a game like Fulham away when the singing didn't stop
  • Options
    An excellent review. Is Naby Saar really 'the world's biggest human' ?
  • Options
    Fantastic report, humorous, honest, brutal, the sort that should appear in the Sunday papers, sales would rocket. Well done sir.
  • Options
    Yes I noticed the comments at the end . Strange as I thought there were times when we went a bit quiet compared to a game like Fulham away when the singing didn't stop
    In the upper stand I couldn’t hear anything coming from the lower stand, only a different song from the other side of the upper stand so I guess it’s likely the lower stand couldn’t hear the upper stand and between us there may have been an almost constant noise from the away end.

i also didn’t think in the chaos of the uncoordinated singing from the upper stand that we were particularly loud on Saturday yet watching one clip of the Allez Allez song we sounded very noisy 
  • Options
    "Don’t play like a fucking tart then mate."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK mods, I get it, don't call out fellow posters when they haven't posted to the thread, it's needless antagonism...can you make my posts visible again, pretty please, it's Xmas, season's greetings, you all do a great job, etc
  • Options
    In the upper stand I couldn’t hear anything coming from the lower stand, only a different song from the other side of the upper stand so I guess it’s likely the lower stand couldn’t hear the upper stand and between us there may have been an almost constant noise from the away end.

i also didn’t think in the chaos of the uncoordinated singing from the upper stand that we were particularly loud on Saturday yet watching one clip of the Allez Allez song we sounded very noisy 
    I was in row A of the upper. could hear the lower if I leant over the barrier but not if I leant back, very strange acoustics in that stand
  • Options
    rina said:

I was in row A of the upper. could hear the lower if I leant over the barrier but not if I leant back, very strange acoustics in that stand
    Agreed - it was like two stands completely separated from eachothers' atmospheres. 
  • Options
    Some awesome prose but didn't like the paragraph on Bowyer. Would suggest the colourful language is best placed when describing the game and not when referring to events off the pitch.

Some of the name calling is pretty pathetic as well. Description of Bowyer's boat race, blimey.

Great in parts but well dodge in others IMHO. Kevin Nolan if he was asked to write in the style of Viz.