Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Charlton moments of the decade

2»

Comments

• Options
    Naby’s tackle.
    Oo-er!
    Ask Katrein about it.
  • Options
    Not a player, but a manager and the fans - Charlton 5 - 4 Cardiff - the atmosphere that night was superb
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor’s goals against Portsmouth (in front of The Covered End), Scunthorpe (free kick), and Doncaster (play-off opening goal)
  • Options
    Commentary moment:

"We've done it Dad Tel"  @StubleyAddick
  • Options
    Pompey away 2 seasons ago. I've been supporting this club for 45 years & not experienced an atmosphere like it. Stood up from the moment we entered the ground to the moment we left. The singing just went on & on & on....

Doncaster play-off semi-final at home. After 2 mins thought we'd sealed it when Beliek scored then typical Charlton we spent the next 118 mins plus penalties going through the wringer. Then there was the pitch invasion afterwards. No trouble just joyous rapture.
  • Options
    Bauer goal.

Liar bedsheet.
  • Options
    Six different goal scorers at Oakwell
  • Options
    United winning the FA Cup against palice.
  • Options
    JJ’s last minute goal against QPR is the last big thing that I remember celebrating with March51. Even a list minute winner for promotion can’t top that one for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JJ’s last minute goal against QPR is the last big thing that I remember celebrating with March51. Even a list minute winner for promotion can’t top that one for me. 
    Each to their own, but how do you arrive at this?
  • Options
    Akpo Sodjie header v Leeds 2010 in the last minute.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Promotion before a 3 points league win?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Promotion before a 3 points league win?
    It was the last time I celebrated a dramatic goal with my late father, and former CL poster March51. 
    I can now understand.  Have a nice Christmas.
  • Options
    Final game of the season against Hartlepool when we won League 1 under Powell.

Great pre-match build up, JS stand with a section of Smurfs, Yann's crazy volley, picking up the trophy at the end. 
  • Options
    Given today's referee ...

Commentary moment no 2, one of @KillersBeard's finest lines:

"Get out of the way Stroud, you moron!"
  • Options
    Jacko v QPR & Bauer at Wembley stadium & specal mention to Pomey away 2 years ago where the momentum really started ,,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best the best “moment” of the decade has to be that winner at Wembley (unless for personal reasons, as per @March51 ). 
  • Options
    cafc375 said:

Have given this a like although it f***** my eyes up.
  • Options
    For pure drama the Llera equaliser against Swindon when we only had nine players was hard to beat.

The 5-4 against Cardiff.

Playoff semi and final.

Kermo goal v Hartlepool.

The protests.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Llera, last minute equaliser vs Swindon (I think)

Edit, ignore... Literally last post above mine
  • Options
    Jack free kicks vs both Sheffield clubs in consecutive weeks
  • Options
    Another bit of 'last minute' drama - away at Bournemouth the year we went up.  0-0 with the seconds ticking away, other games are going against us to very slightly increase the chances of us getting caught.  Yann scores and around the same time the other teams in the top four of five concede to either lose or only draw from a winning position.  We gain two more points, they lose one or two, the title is all but assured.