Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County v Charlton Athletic | Monday 30 December | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Just hope we can put a side out.
  • Options
    6 pointer, need to not lose this one 
  • Options
    A draw would be a "good" result. No win at Derby since 1999 and the home team out of form points to a poor performance from us and a disappointing loss. Sorry, but been following Charlton too long to be optimistic with these odds. However, the 10 year old inside me still expects a win. COYR. 
  • Options
    Just not sure we can put out a competitive team with so many injuries and little recovery time since Boxing Day. Will be a tough one but hopefully confidence will get us a result. 1-1 honours even.
  • Options
    1-1.
  • Options
    Just not sure we can put out a competitive team with so many injuries and little recovery time since Boxing Day. Will be a tough one but hopefully confidence will get us a result. 1-1 honours even.
    4 days is long enough. Most PL sides had 2 days which is crazy
  • Options
    The last Championship game of the decade. Got to be a win. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ it's been a terrible 10 years. Let's at least end it with back to back wins.
  • Options
    4 days is long enough. Most PL sides had 2 days which is crazy
    On 150k upwards I'd make the buggers play every day.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The last Championship game of the decade. Got to be a win. 
    Last League game in England this decade
    It would be nice if we could score the final league goal of the decade and not a consolation to make it 5-1 to Derby
  • Options
    No bloody clue about the team selection. I'd stick with the same 11 that started on boxing day (assuming Gallagher is fit).....but that isn't Bowyer's style. 

Can't see us getting anything more than a point.....so a comfortable 4-4 draw.
  • Options
    Christ it's been a terrible 10 years. Let's at least end it with back to back wins.
    Promotion and first season back in the championship under Powell wasn't bad at all imo.

Promotion last season was pretty great and the first quarter of this season was pretty damn overachieving.
  • Options
    For those curious... the previous decade ended with a 1-1 draw with Brentford
  • Options
    I'm surprised that doesn't stick in the memory. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Talal said:
    I'm surprised that doesn't stick in the memory. 
    Carl Cort scoring the opener for Brentford; Nicky Bailey scoring a penalty (shame he couldnt do it when it mattered) to equalise

We went on to beat Wycombe 2-1 in the first game of the new decade
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Did Bonne not pick up his 5th yellow Boxing Day??

Edit:  Scrap that just seen it’s 5 yellows in your first 19 games.
  • Options
    Has passed the date when 5 bookings gets you suspended...

Players wont be suspended now unless they get 10 bookings by the 37th game of the season which is the Middlesbrough game on 7th March

Of course if he reaches that with 10 bookings he'll get a two match ban
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips 
    Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr
    Solly, Pratley, Gallagher, Doughty 
    Morgan
    Taylor, Bonne

Gallagher literally playing because he has to, Solly and Pearce in for Matthews and Oshilaja which I think will be a typical away day battle.

Domt think we’ll see the goal fest of the last few games, I think they’ll be feeling the pressure from the manager for this one which may work in our favour. 

0-1 Taylor, and a MOM performance from him as he slowly gets back to full fitness (and Jan on the horizon..)
  • Options
    Martin up front for Derby is the biggest diver in the league - expect a pen against us ...
  • Options
    0-5 Charlton 
    Sarr
    Bonne x 2
    Taylor 
    Morgan

• Options
    Lovely day here. Just walked
    back from ground. Jobsworth would not let me on the pitch to see how it would play and claimed there were strict rules as to who goes on it. 
    If you have targeted parking at the Harvester there are park and pay machines.😕 Drive towards station and there is a car park which costs £5 on match days.☺️
  • Options
    Phillips 
    Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr
    Solly, Pratley, Gallagher, Doughty 
    Morgan
    Taylor, Bonne

Gallagher literally playing because he has to, Solly and Pearce in for Matthews and Oshilaja which I think will be a typical away day battle.

Domt think we’ll see the goal fest of the last few games, I think they’ll be feeling the pressure from the manager for this one which may work in our favour. 

0-1 Taylor, and a MOM performance from him as he slowly gets back to full fitness (and Jan on the horizon..)
    Yes. Oshilaja was happy to tackle and contest midfield 50-50 headers admirably, but at Championship level he's no midfielder as he is afraid of having the ball under any pressure. He wasn't making himself available enough when the defenders had the ball or from throw ins. Although he was hanging back to accept the ball when the forwards had it and noone was around him.
    The result was we couldn't play the ball through our midfield. 

Was happy with Bowyer's change to switch Pratley into midfield as he gives us much better control of it. We have 3 centre backs so let's use them, and put Pratley in midfield while we have a midfield crisis crying out for some experience and composure. Otherwise our midfield is powderpuff.
  • Options
    Has passed the date when 5 bookings gets you suspended...

Players wont be suspended now unless they get 10 bookings by the 37th game of the season which is the Middlesbrough game on 7th March

Of course if he reaches that with 10 bookings he'll get a two match ban
    Hard to see Pratley, Gallagher and Lockyer not getting 10 yellows before then
  • Options
    Derby 2 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Hamer will play for them i believe, very dodgy coming for crosses. Get at him!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Lovely day here. Just walked
    back from ground. Jobsworth would not let me on the pitch to see how it would play and claimed there were strict rules as to who goes on it. 
    If you have targeted parking at the Harvester there are park and pay machines.😕 Drive towards station and there is a car park which costs £5 on match days.☺️
    Can see the ground from my hotel room