Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v WBA - FA Cup - XI

With it being our third match in seven days and the squad being ridiculously thin on the ground. I have limited knowledge regarding the U23s and am also unsure what the rules are regarding resting players for cup matches.

Below is my guess, I struggled to put a team together. Who would you guys expect to start?

Maynard-Brewer
Purrington
Pearce
Keefe
Yao
Odoh
Vennings
Ledley
Dempsey
Clayden
Davison

Comments

• Options
    The question is how 'recovered' some of the walking wounded will be.

If they are then they will get part of the game either starting or off the bench.
  • Options
    Ledley is leaving at the start of January if I’m not mistaken. Would put Wiredu in his space
  • Options
    Ledley is leaving at the start of January if I’m not mistaken. Would put Wiredu in his space
    I originally had Wiredu instead of Ledley, but I thought there were some rules on using "first team" players. I had no idea that Ledley was leaving.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

If they are then they will get part of the game either starting or off the bench.
    I cannot see many of the walking wounded being risked, no way Williams, Chuks or Oz will be risked. Field cannot play against WBA either.
    We are going to see a lot of CAFC debuts against WBA. 
  • Options
    Genuinely don’t believe it’s going to be as weak as some may think. I’d expect a lot of young players, no doubt, but Bow will be mindful of their confidence if they get smashed by West Brom. There will be some experience in the team, and more than just Pearce and Purrington.
  • Options
    I would imagine that Bowyer will see this as a rest day. I would also imagine that Bilic has zero intention of having a cup run. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    LenGlover said:

I cannot see many of the walking wounded being risked, no way Williams, Chuks or Oz will be risked. Field cannot play against WBA either.
    Alternatively if they do pass a fitness test then they may need this game to help their match fitness.
  • Options
    That would be our starting 11 if we had a fully fit squad... Why fans of lost interest now after many years of non events... 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    LenGlover said:

Alternatively if they do pass a fitness test then they may need this game to help their match fitness.
    It would be a good game to do this in if they are ready.
  • Options
    Solly will probably play if he's only used against Derby. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the last of the hectic period games then, thankfully a full week off.  It's also probably the last game before at least 1 new body comes in. 

Matthews or Solly will probably play.   I don't see any point in resting Phillips.  Williams, Chucks, Hamed and, don't laugh, Page maybe able to play some part.

What ever happens we don't want a replay!! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's the last of the hectic period games then, thankfully a full week off.  It's also probably the last game before at least 1 new body comes in. 

Matthews or Solly will probably play.   I don't see any point in resting Phillips.  Williams, Chucks, Hamed and, don't laugh, Page maybe able to play some part.

It would give Maynard-Brewer a bit of first team experience should (or should I say when?) Phillips gets injured. Though if we get thumped it's not going to do him much good. 
  • Options
    As long as registrations can be sorted out in time this might be our best hope of fielding a team:

Bolder
    Humphrey
    Deji
    Pearce
    Ben Purr
    Lord Bowyer
    Jackson
    Peacock
    Vennings
    Euell
    Davison

Bring your boots if you want a spot on the bench ...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

We should just force Page to play regardless of if he is injured or not. 
  • Options
    Like to see Mingi given a game at centre half. Possibly one for the future.