Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts please...

124»

Comments

• Options
    3 for me - the variety of thread is the sites strength.
  • Options
    3 please. Love the site as it is.
  • Options
  • Options
    Can we get rid of the rate my plates, move them to another forum. They are literally covering the main page and I have no interest in them at all
  • Options

Ok, thanks all. Feedback noted and seems quite unanimous.

Not fully sure some got what i meant in option 2 but no worries.

Sub-group idea scrapped.

• Options
  • Options
    A 3 for me, please, Bob.

:smile:
  • Options
    I say leave it as it is.... the idiosyncratic nature of it is what makes it fun. Not likey ; not ready !
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Mostly 3 but keep the seperate politics forum .

Although I find some of the threads annoying it's good to be challenged and to come across stuff you hadn't considered.

And thank you CL is a huge part of my sad and lonely life..☺
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be in camp 3 personally, I prefer to scroll through everything in one forum and only click on / comment on the threads that interest me.

If anything then I'd suggest maybe a small re-alignment of the current categories?
    Ditto. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    3. Leave as it is. 

Cannot understand people who take the time to click into a thread that they're not interested in, just so that they can post that they're not interested in it - madness! Just ignore it.

If I'm walking through Lewisham Shopping Centre, I don't walk into Claire's Accessories and rant at the staff that I'm really annoyed at the presence of Claire's Accessories as I'm never going to buy anything in there, and having to walk past it adds an extra 4 seconds onto the time it takes me to get to the dildo section in Ann Summers. That would be ridiculous, as is the first scenario.
    Is there an Ann Summers in Lewisham? Saw one in Bromley and when I did training of M&S staff in Croydon watched customers goi g in to Ann Summers Croydon!
  • Options
    3 , leave it as is
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    MrLargo said:
    3. Leave as it is. 

Cannot understand people who take the time to click into a thread that they're not interested in, just so that they can post that they're not interested in it - madness! Just ignore it.

If I'm walking through Lewisham Shopping Centre, I don't walk into Claire's Accessories and rant at the staff that I'm really annoyed at the presence of Claire's Accessories as I'm never going to buy anything in there, and having to walk past it adds an extra 4 seconds onto the time it takes me to get to the dildo section in Ann Summers. That would be ridiculous, as is the first scenario.
    Is there an Ann Summers in Lewisham? Saw one in Bromley and when I did training of M&S staff in Croydon watched customers goi g in to Ann Summers Croydon!
    There was until quite recently, towards the end that Argos is at. Appears to have closed though. I blame Claire's Accessories!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    2 or 3.
    I don't see that 2 can do any harm, unless it creates a huge amount of work for you.
    As others have said, moving the political stuff to a separate group worked brilliantly, as prior to the move it felt like it was ruining virtually every thread. For me, as I'm sure was the case for many on here, it had reached a point where I wasn't enjoying my favourite website anymore. I'm pleased to say Charlton Life is back to its best after the move, but I can't see a reason to hive off anything else. The range and variety of threads on here is part of what makes this community what it is.
    Thanks to all of those who give up their time to make this forum work. It really is a credit to @AFKABartram and the rest of you that you're still looking for ways to improve the site, when you could just sit back, knowing you've created such a roaring success.
  • Options
    Leave as is.

Could we have a feature to hide threads? Similar to curating a feed. "I don't want to see this." No algorithm, just so it doesn't show up every time you open the page. 

And can we fix the ongoing issues like the text being pulled back into the quote box when writing on mobile. Or corrupting when you edit. This has happened while I'm typing this incidentally.

• Options
    I’m still coming to terms with the dropping of Farm from Emmerdale so please, please, leave well enough as I struggle to adapt to change.