Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange goings on

I know our squad is beyond paper thin right now but some of Bow's decision-making tonight has been strange to the point of worrying.

Derby were in terrible form. We've made their ten men look world beaters. What the F were those subs about ??

I'm concerned Bow is on thin ice with the (potential, maybe, perhaps) new owners.

We need to get out of this uncertainty. 

Comments

• Options
    You’re reading too much into it mate
    I hope so.
  • Options
    Really??
  • Options
    I'm a worrier, sorry! 
    Delete if you wish @AFKABartram.
  • Options
    Who would you have brought on instead? 
  • Options
    It looked as if he’d resigned himself to a defeat with those subs 
  • Options
    Who would you have brought on instead? 
    Ledley 
  • Options
    It's not completely Bowyer's fault that all the players are knackered and/or rubbish though. 
  • Options
    Yeah we should've kept it how it was and passed it about for the rest of the match creating next to nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Chizz said:
    It's not completely Bowyer's fault that all the players are knackered and/or rubbish though. 
    I didn't say it was. I am not having a go at Bowyer. I am worried for him.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Then we're in agreement. 
  • Options
    I know our squad is beyond paper thin right now but some of Bow's decision-making tonight has been strange to the point of worrying.

Derby were in terrible form. We've made their ten men look world beaters. What the F were those subs about ??

I'm concerned Bow is on thin ice with the (potential, maybe, perhaps) new owners.

I said this a few games ago ......
  • Options

The bench was little more than a bunch of kids and the team were knackered.

The quality of players in Derbys team is better than ours currently. FACTO.

We were never going to win...we urgently need new faces through the door.
  • Options
    What was he expecting do??? I can’t see any problem with his subs tonight . 
  • Options
    Posted on the predictions thread. That team and bench would struggle to get anything. We really need to get some players back or in. The alternative is League one
  • Options
    I hope he's not in danger but the new owner could be just as unique as the last one so who knows. 
  • Options
    Bowyer has been fantastic but tactically he is poor. Why play against 10 men with 5 at the back after Beilek got sent off. Some players are not up to it but it doesn't help when basic errors are made in the formation. When changes were made he put the best and quicker passer in Morgan on the right and kept Oshilaja in the middle.

We all know that his choices are limited by injuries but they are his and the excuses cannot just be down to injuries. 2 nil up against Cardiff and sat back with a back 6. We continually drop too deep.

I want him a JJ to succeed but they need a tactician.

We lost against 10 men and only worked Hamer on the last 8 mins. Derby had more attempts!!

• Options
    I hope he's not in danger but the new owner could be just as unique as the last one so who knows. 
    That would be a massive balls up if they did that.  Give him a budget and a target to keep us up.

Need to spend money otherwise what is the point of buying a football club in this day and age unless you're doing some perverted experiment like the current wally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not Pearce at centre half and then Prately in midfield for a start. What's the point of Ledley on the bench if not being used. 
  • Options
    Matthews was never getting on the pitch tonight. Same with Ledley. Matthews being saved for Swansea after playing a lot of minutes against Bristol.

We have a team of youngsters and crocks because that’s all we could afford.

Roll on February 1st and let’s see where we stand then.
  • Options
    Once Beilik went off we needed to switch to two up top, whether that meant retaining the 3/5 defence or switching to four as Bow did at h/t. Sadly Bonne going off meant that would have been a brave call but tactically it was right. Bow has a lot to learn and sometimes he should go for it and die by the sword rather than just die miserably. 
  • Options

New ownership usually leads to a new manager.

Not for one moment am I wanting Bowyer to be outed, he has done a wonderful job and should be allowed to see the season out.....at least.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Don't, he's a grown man.
  • Options
    What Bowyer did was make football decisions when the resources available to him and the situation (them being down to 10 men) required pragmatic out of the box decisions when it was clear plan A wasn't going to work. Pearce on, Sarr up front, long ball game and hope. We may not have won but it was our best chance. 

I'm not sure how many have noticed, but Davison really struggles to get into games. It is as if he is a ghost.  It basically demonstrates a player way out of his level. How putting him up front was better than a big awkward lump was beyond me and always will be.

• Options
    Pratley is a midfielder and Oshi is a defender. Play them in the right place

chuck Sarr up top

try Ledley - a bit of experience might make a difference. If he’s not u to it then fuck him off

therw were things we could have done differently but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

My worry about “see where we are on Feb 1st” is the run of games between now and then means we could very easily be bottom by then.

reinforcements needed immediately