Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton | Thu 02 Jan | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    5-0 to the Swans. 
  • Options
    Finding it finding it increasingly hard to keep the glass half full rather than half empty. Afraid I can't see anything other than a defeat.
  • Options
    If Swansea play to their potential and we play like we did against a derby then this will be the thrashing that we’ve avoided so far during our bad run. But they have been fitful and surely Derby was rock bottom for us?  3-0 Swansea. 
  • Options

Can't see anything other than a heavy defeat in this one. Need the Takeover to happen some new bodies through the door and some key players back form injury otherwise can't see where the next point is coming from

• Options
    Adding insult to our lengthy injury list to see it is the same ref as the home match, after which Bowyer ended up with a three match ban.

Think we'll seriously lose this one and concerned that Bowyer could seriously lose his rag if any key decisions go against us.
  • Options
    1-1
    Davison
  • Options
    Adding insult to our lengthy injury list to see it is the same ref as the home match, after which Bowyer ended up with a three match ban.

Think we'll seriously lose this one and concerned that Bowyer could seriously lose his rag if any key decisions go against us.
    We do better with him in the stands. 
  • Options
    1-1 Taylor

Think we should do our best to keep possession and be patient, make them do the running. 

The high press game is hard graft and incurs injuries as we have seen! Might be best to try slow the game down and if a counter presents, go for it. 
  • Options
    Bowyer needs to stick Naby up front. I know he isn't a striker and if we had a viable striker option he should never play there, but we need to be direct given our lack of creative options and you never know if he can make a nuisance of himself. I think you never know is the best option we can take tonight. 
  • Options
    I believe we will get smashed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thursday
    Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Sarr Doughty
    Pratley Oshilaja Morgan
    Gallagher
    Taylor

Sunday
    Maynard-Brewer
    Solly Yao Mingi Purrington
    Dempsey Ledley Vennings Odoh
    Davison Green

Is my guess
  • Options
    Assumed we would get tonked until I read two Swansea forums. Remarkable levels of pessimism and frustration from them. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Assumed we would get tonked until I read two Swansea forums. Remarkable levels of pessimism and frustration from them. 
    We no doubt have the ability to turn their season around and set them off on a jolly good run of form...  Happy 2020!
  • Options
    3-1 Swansea, still too many players out and a gruelling xmas period so I think we will struggle :(
  • Options
    Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Matthews Pratley Oshilaja Doughty
    Morgan Gallagher
    Taylor

0-0 but a much improved display from Monday.
  • Options
    0-3 to the Haddocks. The Nabster with a triple. Left, right and head.

NURSE! 
  • Options
    Looking at results from other bottom half sides, our injury-ravaged side has done phenomenally well not to be beaten by several goals this season, everyone else has, and some multiple times. 

However, fear morale and further injuries after Derby game is going to give us our first heavy defeat. 
  • Options
    I fear another loss or, at best, a draw.  Hard to see anything else really unless Bow tries to play very defensive and hit them on the break with pace (Oh...).  Have put my money on 1-2.  Never bet against us...!
  • Options
    Outcome will depend on how long it takes to get Pogba's paperwork done. 
  • Options
    Still think we will lose tonight by a few goals but dont care tbh. If we get any wins or draws this month i will be pleasantly surprised
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Bowyer needs to stick Naby up front. I know he isn't a striker and if we had a viable striker option he should never play there, but we need to be direct given our lack of creative options and you never know if he can make a nuisance of himself. I think you never know is the best option we can take tonight. 
    Do you mean he plays up front with his back to goal and when he received the ball he does a reverse Cruyff turn and then imagines he passing back to Phillips ?
  • Options
    Is this on the red button or main channel?
  • Options
    Main channel, Sky sports football.
  • Options
    after the takeover there will be a lot of careers on the line, players that is .. I expect them to be giving it a right good go tonight, whoever is selected/fit enough to stagger onto the pitch
  • Options
    Not sure I totally agree with this, but Bows needs to temporarily abandon his football principles of playing through midfield, because we don't have one.

Route one for next couple of games please. Stick Aneke on with no responsibility to press, just to rough them up.

Alas they were one of the best defences I've seen at the Valley this year.
  • Options
    0-5 Charlton 
    Pratley x3
    Pearce
    Lockyer
  • Options
    Anywhere to drink at/near the ground?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Main channel, Sky sports football.
    Hopefully presented by Scott Minto who I'm sure will be beaming about the takeover. 
    I see him pretty much every week as he lives near me.

He loves Charlton and often mentions us on sky.
  • Options
    I've got a ticket spare if anyone wants one. Adult, suggest a price 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!