Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2020

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020

Just as a post-script:

I’m disappointed to see Pipe opt on Saturday for yet another novice hurdle for Ramses de Teillee rather than the GNT (2nd last year) and hope that doesn’t mean that he’ll not have a prep over fences. If that's so, it will be a case (IMHO) of a trainer with a profoundly misguided notion that a campaign made up entirely, barring 1 mediocre chase appearance, of novice hurdles (in which RDT's been comfortably favoured at the weights) is an ideal prep for the GN.

He promises much does RDT and ran much better last year, as a 7yo, than he was given credit for (unlikely to have troubled the principals but still in touch at 2nd Canal Turn when reins broke after a mistake). Not unusual for those who had a decent “sighter” in the race as a 7yo to return to run really well (most recently, Big Fella Thanks in 2010, Saint Are and Cause of Causes, runners-up in 2015 and 2017 respectively) – but all had run impressively over fences during the season.

Without a decent chase prep RDT, carrying 10.05 if Tiger runs, still has the stats to make the frame and, with an interest at 66/1 e/w, I’ll take a decision on whether to keep him or cash out in due course, depending on the relative appeal of others.

Bloody trainers  :s

• Options
    @PeanutsMolloy some great stuff on Yala Enki. Have been looking at your research and worth noting his only fall was at the first fence in some race at Sandown two years ago when pressing the leader - no idea what caused it, but from the sound of it you'd think it was a bit of bad luck. So discounting that we have one PU and 25 completions in 26 races.
  • Options
    So O'leary brothers were bluffing - what  a pair of melts.....I guess barring accidents no weight rises
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    oldbloke said:
    So O'leary brothers were bluffing - what  a pair of melts.....I guess barring accidents no weight rises
    Cheers @oldbloke
    Here's the story for those who haven't seen it yet.
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/oleary-gives-green-light-for-tiger-roll-to-contest-grand-national/423017
    Good news all round, of course, including weights-wise for a number in the race - massive in that regard for MAGIC OF LIGHT (14/1).
    A rise would have (and still could, if injury or poor form intervenes for the returning Champ) scupper her chances on the stats but with Tiger set to run, she'll carry 10.12 - just 1lb more than last year and "well-in" with all returning rivals, including TR. I've taken the gamble that TR runs and added her after the weights were announced at 16s - so the 4th member of my team. A short price but happy to have at least 1 of the Irish ticking my boxes, given their recent record.
    She was the only "black swan" (i.e. completely unexpected) for my model in the first 5 home last time but the retrospective analysis threw up the fact that, with Rainbow Quest on her dam-side, she benefits from a "gilt-edged" version of the Wild-Risk factor.
    Interestingly, Tiger Roll has it via his sire, Authorized, and Rainbow Quest was dam-sire to Auroras Encore (GN 2013 winner) and to Cause Of Causes (2nd in 2017). No others lining up this year have RQ present via sire or dam.
    As noted in the Kimberlite Candy write-up, she's also by Flemensfirth (as is stablemate Jett) - sire of The Last Samuri and King John's Castle. 
    Trainer and jockey believe the 9 yo MoL has progressed this season - and she upped her career-best hurdle RPR by 8lbs when taking the Grade 2 Mares Hurdle at Ascot for the second year running. 
    Assuming a safe spin round in her prep(s), according to my model, she's got the best stat-rating of the Irish-trained contingent, winning calibre on any ground though inferior to Elegant Escape on GS and to Kimberlite Candy on Soft. Though these are nuances of relative ratings and anything can happen over a GN to supercede them (or, of course, my model's prognostications may simply turn out to be a load of old hooey  :/ ), the model's predicting bridesmaid again for the gutsy mare, assuming her jumping withstands the test once more.
    With a slice of fortune, she could be the first mare to win a GN since 1951.

• Options
    oldbloke said:
    I don't honestly think that it was ever in doubt. The lure of being the owners of a three time winner of the National trumping, in their eyes, the achievements of Red Rum, was always going to prove too strong (and the money of course).
    While wishing Tiger Roll no ill will, I really hope that he doesn't win. The O'Learys, especially Michael, would become even more unbearable, if that was humanly possible. 
  • Options
    Ok I’m done now for the time being on Grand National betting. I’m not very proficient. 

I I have various different bets on:

Tiger Roll at around 7/1
    Anibale Fly 25/1
    Le Brueil 25/1
    Yala Enki half at 66/1 and half at 20/1
    Elegant escape 28/1
    Ballyoptic 33/1
    Magic of light 14/1

I guess some may not race and some will come further in and if I don’t fancy them I can cash out at a profit. 

Which ones here have already pulled out/likely to pull out and which likely to pull in?

In hindsight I’ve gone for too many horses this year, although if two of them come in top 5 I’ll be level I think. If tiger roll, Yala enli or a Abale fly win with one other in the top 5 I’ll be up. 
  • Options
    What ever happened to @PolzeathNick ? Obviously Peanuts is the GN King but Polzeath’s analysis was always a very interesting read.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    What ever happened to @PolzeathNick ? Obviously Peanuts is the GN King but Polzeath’s analysis was always a very interesting read.
    Cheers @Callumcafc    - though proof of the pudding, as they say, and it's taken a while for the model to adjust to the effect of the post-2012 changes.
    I'm very much looking forward to @PolzeathNick 's posts too. I well remember he tipped and backed at huge prices Walk In The Mill for 2018 when he was untried over the GN course - if memory serves, I think he was on the reserve list and would have got in but for a late niggle. Perfect ground for him that year as well - I think I'd have been justifiably dethroned   :)

• Options
    In Novmber O'Leary said that the chances of Tiger Roll running were between "slim and none". I wonder what price he would have offered on that basis - surely 100/1 plus? Now he says it's "50/50" - and even money would now be too big a price on TR partaking in my opinion. O'Leary just won't be able to resist the possibility of being the owner of a three times National winner.

What I would really like, though, would be if the media just ignored him and should TR achieve that feat, that the horse is celebrated with no reference whatsoever to connections. Now that would really hurt!
    From 100/1 to Evens to 1/100 for the participation of Tiger Roll. Hypothetically, had I been on at 100/1 and then gone in again at evens I would love now to be able to lay it at 1.01 to be there at 5.15pm on Saturday 4th April.

That is how much I trust the O'Learys!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020

Ballyoptic – similarly needs to win or near-miss to have the stats to be in contention at Aintree but he’s off too high a mark currently, according to my model, and 2 Falls and an 80L defeat in 3 runs over the GN fences don’t bode well (doesn’t seem to have the agility of foot to stay upright over the these obstacles).

Wins convincingly in the end, led most of the way around and stretched his advantage after the final fence...
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Ballyoptic – similarly needs to win or near-miss to have the stats to be in contention at Aintree but he’s off too high a mark currently, according to my model, and 2 Falls and an 80L defeat in 3 runs over the GN fences don’t bode well (doesn’t seem to have the agility of foot to stay upright over the these obstacles).

Wins convincingly in the end, led most of the way around and stretched his advantage after the final fence...
    Very impressive win for Ballyoptic under 11.10 and a smart decision to head to Ascot. No doubting his stamina and he jumped well on the whole today.
    Indeed he's only Fallen twice over fences in 15 runs - the problem is they were both over the GN fences. Got round last time (Becher chase) but was struggling a mile from home and finished 81L adrift.
    It's true that the second of those Fs was 4 out in the last GN and he was still in touch but he was clearly off the bridle (will be off a 2lb higher mark on 4 April though, if Tiger does line up, will be carrying 4lbs less weight with 10.11).
    This is foot-in-mouth time for me no doubt but it seems to me, reviewing the 2 falls, in both cases he didn't so much get the fence badly wrong as fail to get his undercarriage out after going through the top of them. Some make much worse mistakes but have the agility to steady the ship.
    I definitely wouldn't deter anyone who fancied him from backing him - schooling over Aintree lookalikees could well do the trick and he benefits from being in the hands of the winning-most trainer over the GN fences of recent times. If I ignore the course-form stat and if he notches a new high RPR (167+) as a result of his win today, according to my model, he'd justify his current mark (for GN purposes) and have a Winning Profile.
    But, at the end of the day I have to go with my model and all the stats that it uses and the fact is that no horse has made the first 3 home in a GN for at least 32 years (as far back as my database goes) with 100% record of "incompletes/failures" from even 2, let alone 3 prior runs over the fences. Admittedly there's not a huge sample of runners with a prior record of 3/3 failures but it's a significant stat, unsurprisingly, as the GN course is the steeplechasing equivalent of "marmite".

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Quick word on Haydock:
    Ground was officially "heavy" today and there's little doubt that it was.
    However, the GNT was run in a time just 18 secs slow of standard and the 3m novice chase just 7s slow. That's "Haydock heavy" for you. It's unique and some horses handle it and skip over it like it’s GS (especially if favoured with a feather-weight) and others look like they're wading through treacle. 
    If you put a red line through every runner that flopped in the Haydock GNT on heavy prior to a GN run, you'd have missed Mon Mome winning the 2009 GN and Teaforthree coming home 3rd in the 2013 GN.
    Yala Enki came home 20L 3rd under 11.07 (the winner a 33/1 shot with just 10.00) and ran very nicely. A safe spin achieved and the fact that his GN price has lengthened to 33s creates an attractive opportunity to get on board. Strong Place Potential on GS, Winning Profile on Soft and would definitely add him to my e/w slip at 33s if he wasn't already there at 66.
    Elegant Escape - jumped poorly and clearly hated the experience - PUd, failing to complete for the first time in his career. Need to see if anything is amiss. Was having his first run after a wind op and a bleed is always a possibility.
    Have to confess I cashed out of my 28/1 position in-running (Cheers Bob) but will re-enter in due course (lengthened now to 33s, 50/1 from a couple of 4-place payers) if Tizzard (who had no explanation for the poor run) declares him fit and still an intended runner on 4 April.
    Not such a great antepost play after all. Apologies folks but keep faith. Still got a Winning stat-profile for the GN if all’s well physically.
    If he is given a clean bill of health, I’d say today confirms he’s best suited by genuine Good to Soft.

EDIT One For Arthur, like EE, having his first run after a wind op also ran and jumped poorly and PUd. He was found to have an irregular heartbeat after the race and will be monitored. Would assume retirement a distinct possibility for the old boy.
    Lord Du Mesnil ran another fine race over C&D, just being overhauled to finish close 2nd. Trainer's said the 7yo is likely to wait a year to take on the GN.
    Ramses De Teillee duly obliged in the 5-runner novice hurdle (more effort required here than at Donny and there was more focus in the final furlong, which was good to see), booking a date in the Albert Bartlett Nov Hurdle at the Festival. 

Tiger Roll, in his return from injury, takes on Magic Of Light and 8 others in the 21f Gr2 Boyne Hurdle at Navan tomorrow, which TR won impressively last year.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Nice run by Tiger Roll on his comeback in the 21f Gr2 Boyne hurdle on very testing ground - travelled well, just a tad short of match-fitness and came home a creditable 5th. Pleasing to all who fancy him for the hat-trick.
    Obviously the sample of prior GN runners in recent times with 2 GN wins to their name is precisely 0, so he could prove to an exception to all normal stats but, taking TR's CV as it currently stands and treating him as a returning winner, my model considers that he does not have the stat-profile to win it again carrying top-weight.
    We'll see.
    Magic Of Light disappointed expectations. She travelled nicely enough until the home straight but couldn't go with them when they quickened - beaten when eased and came home 8th (last). The market blew a raspberry and pushed her out to 20/1 for the GN. Win some, lose some when you take an early price, of course, but I've no intention of cashing out unless Harrington reports a problem.
    Don't forget, this time last year she ran moderately (on and off the bridle) and Unseated her jockey in the Bobbyjo Chase and, even though she disappointed today, as a GN prep (assuming she's OK) it was perfectly acceptable, especially given the trip and ground. As can be seen from her career-stats (all races) on differing ground prior to today's race, 21f on very testing are her least preferred race conditions.
    • Heavy & Sft/Hvy: 11 runs - 18% win/near-miss [all at 23f+] (18%) and 45% making the frame
    • Soft & Y/Sft: 12 runs - 50% win/n-m and 66% making frame
    • Y/GS and better: 7 runs - 71% win/n-m and 85% making frame
    No wonder her trainer often sends her to GB for the better ground. However, don't worry about a soft ground GN. On Soft or Heavy going, under Rules her record (prior to today) is far superior at longer trips:
    • <23f: 13 runs - 23% win/n-m and 46% frame-making
    • 23f+: 7 runs - 57% win/n-m and 86% frame making
    The one thing she needs on 4 April, from a stats-perspective, is for one of Tiger Roll, Delta Work or Bristol De Mai to line up, so that she runs off (hopefully) 10.12 or not more than 11.00. Off that weight, assuming she's physically OK, she'll definitely still be on my betting slip (though sadly at the 16s I've already taken).

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Career-high RPR167 accorded to Ballyoptic for his impressive win on Saturday. On the stats my model applies, that validates his handicap mark (OR157) for the GN and, if you ignore his FF0 course-form, he'd have a winning profile on any ground, best chance on Soft.
    It's entirely about his jumping the fences well enough and, if you're inclined to take a chance on that, he certainly has the pedigree for a GN: 
    • by Old Vic - sire of Comply or Die and Don't Push It (and runners-up Black Apalachi and Sunnyhillboy)
    • has the Wild Risk X Factor (via High Top) on his damside - a line shared by One For Arthur (and runners-up Pleasant Company and Balthazar King)
    Happily, One For Arthur reported to be well and enjoying himself :) - I'd be very surprised if he isn't retired however. 
  • Options
    Hi Peanuts 
    Have been looking at Any Second Now
    Winner of Kim Muir got a decent weight and the right connections. 
    Does he figure on any of your modules? 
    Hope you don't mind me asking. 

• Options
    Hi Peanuts 

he looks a goodish outsider to me as well
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hi Peanuts 

No worries @Starinnaddick
    He's flashing away on my radar screen too.
    Winning the Kim Muir near the top of the weights has always been a good pointer and he won it well. Apart from the stamina test (26f trip finishing up the famous hill), there's always a big field and, with amateur jocks, more than a dash of chaos - all handy indicators. 
    Most recently, Sunnyhillboy won the KM same season (post-GN weight allocations of course) as his agonisingly close 2nd in 2012 GN. Ballabriggs won 2010 KM and (off 10lbs higher handicap mark) 2011 GN.
    Any Second Now hasn't won since, off OR150 (+7lbs from the Kim Muir), but has run very creditably and consistently and, though he's got OR152 for Aintree, he'll only have 10.06 on his back if Tiger lines up - a definite stat positive, as you point out.
    He's an 8 year-old - they do well these days - and he's notched a decent hurdle rating, which is a definite plus for a modern-day GN. Also versatile as to going.
    Other than when badly hampered and unseating, he's only failed to complete once in 15 chases - falling early-ish in last year's Irish GN. That's his only attempt beyond 26f but he gives every indication that he'd relish an extended trip.
    Though he doesn't have the Wild Risk X Factor on his dam-side, his pedigree does have positive components for a big run in a GN:
    • by Oscar - sired Oscar Time (GN 2nd and 4th) and Teaforthree (3rd)
    • his grandam-sire is Be My Native (dam-sire to GN 2nd Black Apalachi and 4th Gilgamboa, as well as Native River and Kimberlite Candy as it happens)
    • his great grandam-sire is Menelek (sired 2 GN winners - Rag Trade and Hallo Dandy)
    Without a win but he's had a decent 4-race campaign (3 over shorter than 3m), planned by the canny Ted Walsh (trained GN winner Papillon and 3rd Seabass). 
    As things stand, unless he were to do something eye-catching in a competitive final prep, according to my model his stats are short of Winning Calibre but he's certainly got place potential. Expecting a bold show - just probably no cigar  ............................... but I could be wrong!!!   :)
  • Options
    outstanding info @PeanutsMolloy .. the Einstein of all things GN ((:>)
  • Options
    Thank you Peanuts. What a summary ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Nice run by Tiger Roll on his comeback in the 21f Gr2 Boyne hurdle on very testing ground - travelled well, just a tad short of match-fitness and came home a creditable 5th. Pleasing to all who fancy him for the hat-trick.
    Obviously the sample of prior GN runners in recent times with 2 GN wins to their name is precisely 0, so he could prove to an exception to all normal stats but, taking TR's CV as it currently stands and treating him as a returning winner, my model considers that he does not have the stat-profile to win it again carrying top-weight.
    We'll see.
    Magic Of Light disappointed expectations. She travelled nicely enough until the home straight but couldn't go with them when they quickened - beaten when eased and came home 8th (last). The market blew a raspberry and pushed her out to 20/1 for the GN. Win some, lose some when you take an early price, of course, but I've no intention of cashing out unless Harrington reports a problem.
    Don't forget, this time last year she ran moderately (on and off the bridle) and Unseated her jockey in the Bobbyjo Chase and, even though she disappointed today, as a GN prep (assuming she's OK) it was perfectly acceptable, especially given the trip and ground. As can be seen from her career-stats (all races) on differing ground prior to today's race, 21f on very testing are her least preferred race conditions.
    • Heavy & Sft/Hvy: 11 runs - 18% win/near-miss [all at 23f+] (18%) and 45% making the frame
    • Soft & Y/Sft: 12 runs - 50% win/n-m and 66% making frame
    • Y/GS and better: 7 runs - 71% win/n-m and 85% making frame
    No wonder her trainer often sends her to GB for the better ground. However, don't worry about a soft ground GN. On Soft or Heavy going, under Rules her record (prior to today) is far superior at longer trips:
    • <23f: 13 runs - 23% win/n-m and 46% frame-making
    • 23f+: 7 runs - 57% win/n-m and 86% frame making
    The one thing she needs on 4 April, from a stats-perspective, is for one of Tiger Roll, Delta Work or Bristol De Mai to line up, so that she runs off (hopefully) 10.12 or not more than 11.00. Off that weight, assuming she's physically OK, she'll definitely still be on my betting slip (though sadly at the 16s I've already taken).

Racing TV reports today Magic Of Light will not run again before the GN, so skipping Cheltenham.

Jessie Harrington’s assessment: “The Mares’ Hurdle looks too hot this year – it looks like all the good mares are going to turn up.

We’ll go straight to Aintree with her. She’s absolutely fine after her run in the Boyne Hurdle in Navan on Sunday – the ground was just too heavy for her.”

Good news to avoid a potentially hard race less than 4 weeks prior. Stats already good enough to figure at the business end if she’s carrying 11.00 or less (as looks likely). 

Meanwhile, David Pipe says they’ll decide on Ramses De Teillee’s participation in the GN after the Albert Bartlett novice hurdle at the Festival.

Handicap adjustments yesterday:

• Ballyoptic will be 6lbs well-in for the GN, having been raised to OR163. 
    • Lord Du Mesnil also raised 6lbs (to 153) but trainer's indicated next year is more likely for the 7yo mudlark's first tilt at the GN
    • Yala Enki and Elegant Escape both dropped 1lb.
    Entries for the handicaps at the Festival announced tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    https://twitter.com/RacingPost/status/1230085767403315200

Argh, can't seem to embed.

BREAKING: Native River has been scratched from the Cheltenham Gold Cup - "He has picked up a suspensory tendon injury that means this season is over for him."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    https://twitter.com/RacingPost/status/1230085767403315200

Argh, can't seem to embed.

BREAKING: Native River has been scratched from the Cheltenham Gold Cup - "He has picked up a suspensory tendon injury that means this season is over for him."
    That is a real shame. At 10 yo you have to wonder if he'll grace the track again. Helluva record.

EDIT - seems like they're confident he'll be back next season. Never can tell with tendons,.............from personal experience  :/
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyJ9W50BSM

Stumbled across the trailer for the new film Dream Horse (Damian Lewis et al) about Welsh GN winner Dream Alliance, to be released in May I think.
    You probably know the brilliant story - looks really well done. Soul-stirring stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Despite looking discomforted by the fierce pace from the off, it ended up a decent prep for the GN for Kildisart, who stayed on strongly to finish 6L adrift (5th) in the Betway Hdcp this afternoon. But not quite enough to elevate his stat-profile to join my model’s A-Team and, as I’m focusing my firepower, I’ve cut my loss and cashed out.
    However, if you fancy a lively outsider at a tasty price, you could do a lot worse than take advantage of Bet365 pushing Kildisart out from 66 to 100/1 for the GN (no other change in the rest of the market [all 40-50/1] and Betfair punters trading him post-race at 50. Maybe Bob's pissed at me being on KC at 50 and YE and RDT at 66 and wanted to bollox my cash-out price but hey-ho - win some, lose some   :) 
    Nowt else of interest for the GN from the race, won impressively by Mister Malarkey, from fav Black Corton.
    Meanwhile at Fairyhouse, Acapella Bourgeous was the 15L winner of the Bobbyjo Chase, making all on testing ground. Alpha Des Obeaux just missed out in the battle for 2nd. Both carried 11.00 today but Acapella (now cut to 33/1 for the GN) will get 6lbs from Alpha Des Obeaux (out to 40/1) for the GN, though ADO has creditable course form.
    Neither will figure in my team however.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Very nice win for Any Second Now this afternoon in the Gr3 2mile chase at Naas, that Ted W used as a GN prep for Papillon and Seabass. Unsurprisingly, he's been cut to 12-14s now for Aintree and he'll head straight there.
    It's only his 2nd win in 16 chases but, interestingly, they've come at 16 and at 26 furlongs, on heavy and GS, confirming this fella's versatility. Improved his GN stat-profile which, according to my model is now confirmed place potential but still short of winning calibre, i.e. big run, no cigar ..................foot in mouth time no doubt     :/
    1st forfeit stage on Tuesday.

• Options
    Very nice win for Any Second Now this afternoon in the Gr3 2mile chase at Naas, that Ted W used as a GN prep for Papillon and Seabass. Unsurprisingly, he's been cut to 12-14s now for Aintree and he'll head straight there.
    It's only his 2nd win in 16 chases but, interestingly, they've come at 16 and at 26 furlongs, on heavy and GS, confirming this fella's versatility. Improved his GN stat-profile which, according to my model is now confirmed place potential but still short of winning calibre, i.e. big run, no cigar ..................foot in mouth time no doubt     :/
    1st forfeit stage on Tuesday.

Thank goodness I took the 25-1
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Quick update.

A couple of handicap adjustments by the Irish handicapper to note after the weekend's action.

• Any Second Now +2lbs to 152 to match his GN Official Rating
    • Acapella Bourgeois +4lbs to 156, making him 4lbs "well-in" for Aintree (at least from the Irish handicapper's perspective)

89 left in after yesterday's 1st forfeit stage:

Scratched were: Acting Lass (IRE), As de Mee (FR), Cadmium (FR), Champagne Classic (IRE), Chris’s Dream (IRE), Delta Work (FR), Heron Heights (IRE), Missed Approach (IRE), Mister Whitaker (IRE), Native River (IRE), Noble Endeavor (IRE), Princeton Royale (IRE), Sizing John, Steely Addition (IRE), Voix du Reve (FR), Yorkhill (IRE)

That leaves:
    1. Tiger Roll - 11-10 - Gordon Elliott 
    2. Bristol De Mai - 11-08 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    3. Anibale Fly - 11-02 - Tony Martin
    4. Aso - 11-02 - Venetia Williams
    5. Elegant Escape - 11-02 - Colin Tizzard 
    6. Top Ville Ben - 11-02 - Philip Kirby
    7. Beware The Bear - 11-00 - Nicky Henderson
    8. Alpha Des Obeaux - 10-13 - Gordon Elliott
    9. Jett - 10-13 - Jessica Harrington
    10. Peregrine Run - 10-13 - Peter Fahey
    11. Total Recall - 10-13 - Willie Mullins
    12. Magic Of Light - 10-12 - Jessica Harrington
    13. The Storyteller - 10-12 - Gordon Elliott
    14. Ballyoptic - 10-11 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    15. Talkischeap - 10-11 - Alan King
    16. Yala Enki - 10-11 - Paul Nicholls
    17. Burrows Saint - 10-10 - Willie Mullins
    18. Definitly Red - 10-10 - Brian Ellison
    19. OK Corral - 10-09 - Nicky Henderson
    20. Sub Lieutenant - 10-09 - Henry de Bromhead
    21. Tout Est Permis - 10-09 - Noel Meade
    22. Crievehill - 10-08 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    23. Jury Duty - 10-08 - Gordon Elliott
    24. Lake View Lad - 10-08 - Nick Alexander
    25. Vintage Clouds - 10-08 - Sue Smith
    26. Pleasant Company - 10-07 - Willie Mullins
    27. Acapella Bourgeois - 10-06 - Willie Mullins
    28. Any Second Now - 10-06 - Ted Walsh
    29. Potters Corner - 10-06 - Christian Williams
    30. Shattered Love - 10-06 - Gordon Elliott
    31. Death Duty - 10-05 - Gordon Elliott
    32. Dounikos - 10-05 - Gordon Elliott
    33. Kildisart - 10-05 - Ben Pauling
    34. Ramses de Teillee - 10-05 - David Pipe
    35. Double Shuffle - 10-04 - Tom George
    36. Kimberlite Candy - 10-04 - Tom Lacey
    37. Saint Xavier - 10-04 - Paul Nicholls
    38. Valtor - 10-04 - Nicky Henderson
    39. Walk In The Mill - 10-04 - Robert Walford
    40. Warriors Tale - 10-04 - Paul Nicholls
    41. Chef des Obeaux- 10-03 - Willie Mullins
    42. Class Conti - 10-03 - Willie Mullins
    43. Traffic Fluide - 10-03 - Gary Moore
    44. One For Arthur - 10-02 - Lucinda Russell
    45. Romain de Senam - 10-02 - Paul Nicholls
    46. Snugsborough Benny - 10-02 - Liam Cusack
    47. Dallas des Pictons - 10-01 - Gordon Elliott
    48. Give Me A Copper - 10-01 - Paul Nicholls
    49. Lord du Mesnil 10-01 - Richard Hobson
    50. Now Mcginty - 10-01 - Stuart Edmunds
    51. Poker Party - 10-01 - Henry de Bromhead
    52. Takingrisks - 10-01 - Nicky Richards
    53. Borice - 10-00 - Gordon Elliott 
    54. Hogan's Height - 10-00 - Jamie Snowden
    55. Regal Encore - 10-00 - Anthony Honeyball
    56. Activial - 9-13 - Tom George
    57. Atlanta Ablaze - 9-13 - Henry Daly
    58. Cabaret Quieen - 9-13 - Willie Mullins
    59. Dalko Moriviere 9-13 - Nicky Henderson
    60. Dragon d'Estruval 9-13 - Nicky Henderson
    61. Le Breuil - 9-13 - Ben Pauling
    62. Outlander - 9-13 - Richard Spencer
    63. A Toil Phil - 9-12 - Gary Moore
    64. Cogry - 9-12 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    65. Dingo Dollar - 9-12 - Alan King
    66. Flying Angel - 9-12 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    67. The Hollow Ginge - 9-12 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    68. The Young Master - 9-12 - Neil Mulholland
    69. Mall Dini - 9-11 - Patrick Kelly
    70. Monbeg Notorious - 9-11 - Gordon Elliott
    71. Fitzhenry 9-10 - Paul Nolan
    72. Joe Farrell - 9-10 - Rebecca Curtis
    73. Ravenhill - 9-10 - Gordon Elliott
    74. Roaring Bull - 9-10 - Gordon Elliott
    75. Townshend - 9-10 - Nigel Twiston-Davies
    76. Vieux Lion Rouge - 9-10 - David Pipe
    77. Ami Desbois - 9-09 - Graeme McPherson
    78. Moonshine Boy - 9-08 - Jessica Harrington
    79. Out Sam - 9-08 - Gordon Elliott
    80. Fingerontheswitch - 9-07 - Neil Muholland
    81. Singlefarmpayment - 9-07 - Tom George
    82. Kilfilum Cross - 9-06 - Henry Oliver
    83. Soupy Soups - 9-06 - Neil Mulholland
    84. General Principle 9-05 - Gordon Elliott
    85. Spider Web - 9-05 - Tom Mullins
    86. Scoir Mear - 8-12 - Tom Mullins
    87. Rathlin Rose - 8-10 - David Pipe
    88. Disco d'Authie - 8-07 - David Pipe
    89. Prince Of Scars - 8-07 - Gordon Elliott
    More anon
  • Options
    Cheers @Callumcafc    - though proof of the pudding, as they say, and it's taken a while for the model to adjust to the effect of the post-2012 changes.
    I'm very much looking forward to @PolzeathNick 's posts too. I well remember he tipped and backed at huge prices Walk In The Mill for 2018 when he was untried over the GN course - if memory serves, I think he was on the reserve list and would have got in but for a late niggle. Perfect ground for him that year as well - I think I'd have been justifiably dethroned   :)

Apologies, been away for a bit.

Not gone through them all properly yet but have had a few speculative pokes.

First of them is ACAPELLA BOURGEOIS.  Bet 50s NRNB before won the Bobby Jo, right age, experience, stays, placed in Irish National, well handicapped.  Still 33s out there seems a mad price so may go in again.

Other one is JETT.  Was 125/1, but 80/1 still knocking about.  Trainer had first runner with Magic Of Light 2nd last year.  On face of it would be a doubtful stamina-wise, but price compensates for that.  Runs this season been behind Douvan then running well in 3m Gr1 chases in Ireland.  Pretty sure Presenting Percy would be a short price if running in this, but this lad has same formline but is a mad price.  Trainer was fairly bullish in comments too.

Will have a proper look after Cheltenham.....if it goes ahead!