Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Bent

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can’t see his comeback lasting too long

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10669389/bankrupt-prem-star-marcus-bent-non-league-return/

Comments

• Options
    Our first signing?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Our first signing?
    Maybe he could have been if Thomas Driesen was still around  :D
  • Options
    Awful player.
  • Options
    Ironic that the Following thread is Jokes.
  • Options
    Awful human being. 
    This.
  • Options
    A very 'out there' curbs signing.

Although he tore us a new one whenever he played against us and a player I thought would improve us. 
  • Options
    After giving him a very  contrived mom award up at old Trafford, I would like to say we had a nice chat about life with  Charlton, but my opinion of him has been very low since that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17955018/ex-footballer-marcus-bent-universal-credit-road-ban/

Poor old Marcus. 

Poor being the appropriate word.

Can't say I ever really liked him and never really understood why Curbs signed him as he was far from a Curbs typical signing.
  • Options
    Exactly the type of dense twat you would expect to be behind the wheel of a 3-litre SUV!  :D;)
  • Options
    I can never understand how these guys end up broke after the huge earnings they make in the premiership. Foes not PGA give them advice and counselling on planning for a future out of football.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I’m still getting over the cocaine at Cheesington story. Just why? And how do you manage to get caught?

I remember Gemma Atkinson watching him at Wigan away back in the day. I wonder if they’re still together? 

And I don’t give “Bent Summerhouses ”  much of a chance. He barely lifted a finger for us when he was earning a five figure salary, I can’t see him rocking up at my house at 6:30am on a Tuesday in January to finish building my shed. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    I’m still getting over the cocaine at Cheesington story. Just why? And how do you manage to get caught?

I remember Gemma Atkinson watching him at Wigan away back in the day. I wonder if they’re still together? 

And I don’t give “Bent Summerhouses ”  much of a chance. He barely lifted a finger for us when he was earning a five figure salary, I can’t see him rocking up at my house at 6:30am on a Tuesday in January to finish building my shed. 
    Meowww 😾
  • Options
    HandG said:

Sad I know this, but no, she's engaged and has a kid with one of the dancers from Strictly.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Meowww 😾
    Too much?
  • Options
    Don't want to reignite the stale old debate about whether we wanted Curbs to go or not, but the Marcus Bent signing was for me (at the time, not hindsight) a sign that we need to change things around.  Would love to know what Curbs was thinking...

..but hey, surely he'll be invited back for a Charlton TV feature soon, and Scotty can ask Curbs that very question!

• Options
    HandG said:

Sad I know this, but no, she's engaged and has a kid with one of the dancers from Strictly.
    I also know this information. We’re not sad, we’re just big fans of Gemma Atkinson. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rylo said:
    HandG said:

I also know this information. We’re not sad, we’re just big fans of Gemma Atkinson. 
    Ian Walkers alert 
  • Options
    He certainly sounds like an idiot.

To go from more or less £30,000 a week, to £750 a week (out of desperation) must be a bit of a shocker.

Maybe the real world of normal earnings is gradually ok enough and he still has the memories.

He did come across as a lazy dickhead who thought highly of himself. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    He certainly sounds like an idiot.

To go from more or less £30,000 a week, to £750 a week (out of desperation) must be a bit of a shocker.

Maybe the real world of normal earnings is gradually ok enough and he still has the memories.

He did come across as a lazy dickhead who thought highly of himself. 
    I'd never sniff at £750 a week, that'd do me fine thanks very much.
    And he got hold of Gemma Atkinson for a while
    Life's not fair is it, better not wasted on envy of some plank, especially one you're unlikely ever to meet
  • Options
    That's a sad story. Hope he gets his shit in order and is on the mend soon. He's obviously made some stupid decisions and needs support. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    HandG said:
    HandG said:

Meowww 😾
    Too much?
    Just having a little laugh at your rant, no offence meant HG.
  • Options
    I reckon he could still do a job for us.
  • Options
    Many moons ago, we lost 2-0 at old Trafford and as a Charlton fan in the after match corporate 'do' ,I was asked to give out the MOM bottle, a player from each side, Henrik Larson recieved there's and was charming, good old Marcus was ours and was a complete tool.
  • Options
    Many moons ago, we lost 2-0 at old Trafford and as a Charlton fan in the after match corporate 'do' ,I was asked to give out the MOM bottle, a player from each side, Henrik Larson recieved there's and was charming, good old Marcus was ours and was a complete tool.
    I once did the same for Paul Ince when he was at Wolves. I thought he would be a cock ("call me the Guvnor") but he was as nice as pie.
  • Options
    I hope he manages to turn things around. I can see the lowlifes/hangers on that descend on ex-players and clean them out. Without a supportive family network and opportunities, the pit is always close by.  With the tragedies of David Whyte and Darren Pitcher still fresh in all our memories, it would be quite charitable to have something good to say about the guy on these pages. He is open in disclosing his manifold issues since retirement. I wish him all the very best in his mental health and addictions recovery.