Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Camden Palace Fire

Spent many a night there in the 70s and 80s.

Hope it can be restored

Comments

• Options
    I went to the opening night of Camden Palace; all I remember is playing pool and a silly drunk woman put her handbag on the table while she chatted away to someone else thus preventing my final black from being potted! Before that it was called Music Machine and went there loads. Many a good night then onto the last tube and a cab home from London Bridge.
  • Options
    Went to it regularly when it was the Music Machine.
  • Options
    Oh that’s a shame, hope it can be rebuilt. 

Spent many any nights there when it was the Music Machine including seeing The Clash ... terrific venue. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oh that’s a shame, hope it can be rebuilt. 

Spent many any nights there when it was the Music Machine including seeing The Clash ... terrific venue. 
    Yep, it was the music machine I remember.

Lady Irving saw Talking Heads there and went more than me when a student nurse. Would be there all night and go to work the next day!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Went to it regularly when it was the Music Machine.

I was drummer in a band that played there - around 1978.  A good gig. 
  • Options

My word you lot are old  ;)

Went there a lot in the mid 90s (when it was more of a rave/club venue). 

Went there more recently in 2017 for a 'reunion'. 

It's an amazing venue, I hope they can restore it.

• Options
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/koko-camden-fire-north-london-nightclub-a4327911.html

We used to go there in the 80's and I saw The Undertones there about 18 months ago.
    Hopefully it's mainly damage to the roof.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Alot of my mates have been throwing raves in there since 95-96 & I’ve been raving in there prob up too 4-6 times a year since (obv not whist the refurb to Koko was being done) & my last rave there was only a yr ago...be gutted if that was to have been the last time...

• Options
    Biggest disco ball in Europe my mate always used to tell me. 
  • Options
    Alot of my mates have been throwing raves in there since 95-96 & I’ve been raving in there prob up too 4-6 times a year since (obv not whist the refurb to Koko was being done) & my last rave there was only a yr ago...be gutted if that was to have been the last time...

Moondance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lived just round the corner from it by Mornington Crescent tube, been there loads. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Moondance?
    SSU & Mind Over Matter...Feb 19

Also loved a Moondance me...👌🏻
  • Options
    Done a few gigs there,shame.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Terrible news, seen loads of bands there over the years and have been to raves there too. A beautiful venue. Just hope it stays a music venue and this doesn't get used as an excuse to turn it into flats or something un music related 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Biggest disco ball in Europe my mate always used to tell me. 
    NLA ?
  • Options
    Apparently caused by the Green Party banning building reduction fires. The old natives of London understood that sometimes you have to perform controlled burns of buildings (1666 being the most noteworthy example) to prevent oh god I can't do this any longer
  • Options
    Regular haunt for me late 80’s early 90’s.
    Cracking music venue.
    Really hope it can be restored.