Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup rights are sold to betting firm Bet365

which lets fans watch free if they open account - despite links between gambling and depression and FA president Prince William's mental health campaign

Seems like a poor and inappropriate choice

Comments

• edited January 2020
    FFS, they own Stoke City, how is that acceptable?  Do not adjust your set, red and white stripes are mandatory.
  • Terrible choice.
  • This deal was done in January 2017 and you have been able to do this last two seasons. 

FA have said will review once contract ends 2024-2025 season. 
  • With our cup record who’s bothered.... 
    Exactly, ffs it’s only for one game in January! 😉👍
  • I could watch the weekend's games on my ladbrokes account, so this doesn't seem very radical. 
  • How can the FA punish players betting infringements if they are in cahoots with the bookies?
  • iainment said:
    How can the FA punish players betting infringements if they are in cahoots with the bookies?
    The betting restrictions need to be in place so the question is how can the FA get in bed with the bookies??
  • Maybe they are only punished if they bet with other bookies not 365.
  • iainment said:
    How can the FA punish players betting infringements if they are in cahoots with the bookies?
    The betting restrictions need to be in place so the question is how can the FA get in bed with the bookies??
    True.
  • Sponsored links:

• With our cup record who’s bothered.... 
    Just back the other team. Not that I would.
  • When the fun stops. Stop.
  • seth plum said:
    When the fun stops. Stop.
    I think that showed with Sunday’s attendance.
  • At least bobmunro will have some corporates he can make available to us when we moan about the allocation when we reach next seasons final.
  • edited January 2020
    iainment said:
    You're mistaking the FA for an organisation with the interests of the game and its participants anywhere in its strategies.
    The FA is interested solely in generating fast cash for the FA.
    The craven greed of this deal was overlooked by all at the time.
    The flagrant incompatibility of the deal with any sort of ethical or social responsibility has suddenly been brought into sharp relief; cue weasel words, backtracking and pathetic mumbling by the whores in chief at FA.
    Online gambling sites are exclusively focused on taking easy money from the gullible and the afflicted.
    Promoting that to audiences with large numbers of juvenile spectators seemed unpalatable to some members of even the gambling industry long before it occurred to responsible arbiters like the FA.  For example: BetDaq's holding company took its logo off Charlton's shirts (among others) and let the space to a good cause.  The FA is renting its arse and profile to Bet 365 and the EFL is doing the same to SkyBet.  It's sickeningly reprehensible but in no way surprising.
  • seth plum said:
    When the fun stops. Stop.
    Is the sort of shallow glib window dressing these whores think absolves them of any responsibility.
  • are we not in the sky bet championship 
  • This is shit
  • @bobmunro to present the trophy to the winner 
  • cabbles said:
    @bobmunro to present the trophy to the winner 
    Or someone from any one of the many other betting operators who have the same legacy deal with the FA.

But let's all have a pop at bet365! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    I had to pop out this morning so for some reason flipped over to Talk Sport. Jim White was on there stirring up the punters saying the FA are out of order and he was also quoting gambling as being a disease and numbers in England of addicted people stand at 450,000 adults and 55,000 children.

It then went to an ad break and gambling companies were enticing me in with good odds and sign up bonuses alongside Wickes.

I would take a look in your own back garden Talk Sport before slagging off other people.
    Tell me about it. My Wickes addiction has cost me my house and my marriage. 
    At least you have a shed to live in 
  • are we not in the sky bet championship 
    True but you don't need a gambling account to support/watch a team in it! My undestnding is you will need to have a Bet365 account to watch the games, so actively encouraging it!