Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amateur Football Pitches

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if they are still there but the pitches at Danson Park were shocking too - the slope on some of them was unbelievable and made it really difficult to play on at times.
  • Options
    Remember playing a match round Coney Hall as a lad, under 13's on a full size pitch on what felt like a 10° gradient
  • Options
    Not sure if they are still there but the pitches at Danson Park were shocking too - the slope on some of them was unbelievable and made it really difficult to play on at times.
    It was either Danson or Avery Hill, where a tree at the side of the pitch had low branches.
    If you tried to clear the ball up the wing, it would rebound off a branch and play a through ball to the opposition.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    It was either Danson or Avery Hill, where a tree at the side of the pitch had low branches.
    If you tried to clear the ball up the wing, it would rebound off a branch and play a through ball to the opposition.
    Hall Place definitely had this issue on one of their pitches. 
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Hall Place definitely had this issue on one of their pitches. 
    And Sutcliffe Park (pitch running alongside Kidbrooke Park Road)
  • Options

• Options
    Once played a pre season friendly at a prison in North Surrey somewhere (no, I wasn’t one of the inmates!). The all weather pitch was surrounded by the cells and we couldn’t put our kit on in the changing rooms as they were being used by the prisoners. 

So, we had to change on the pitch in full view of a variety of miscreants which was a little unnerving to say the least. When I took my top off a number of them gave me the helpful advice that I needed to ‘get down the fucking gym you fat c*;t’.

We lost and a number of us decided not to change back out of our football gear after the match.
  • Options

How the spanners intend to Target 34,000 at their potential new ground.