Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tommorow - 1st Home game I'm missing through choice since '98

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
I just can't muster up the enthusiasm. I can make all the excuses about being on call-out, my boys mate got let down with a ticket etc but I could sort a ticket if I really wanted one.
I'll probably make the trip on Saturday, but more out of duty than want.

It's like visiting a sick friend or relation to me now. Try convincing me otherwise.

Comments

• Options
    you not got a season ticket this year?
  • Options
    1.) first home game in a brand new era for your beloved Charlton Athletic (first new era in 15+ years)
    2.) loads of new signings
    3.) its a night game - atmosphere is always better
    4.) we are playing one of the biggest clubs in the world
    5.) you'll regret it when we nick it 2-1
  • Options
    [
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I just can't muster up the enthusiasm. I can make all the excuses about being on call-out, my boys mate got let down with a ticket etc but I could sort a ticket if I really wanted one.
    I'll probably make the trip on Saturday, but more out of duty than want.

It's like visiting a sick friend or relation to me now. Try convincing me otherwise.

Few beers in Royal Oak, a couple at half time and a few more beers in the RO - there might even be a good game in between.
  • Options
    Yes Les, go my ST. Lads mate was let down so I'll take the £30 and watch it on sky. Never thought I'd see the day to be honest.
  • Options
    West Stand, yes I admit I'll regret it if we beat them. However I'm so confident that we won't I'll donate the £30 to a charlty of your choice if we do.
  • Options
    charltonlife.com? ;-)

If not, then something to do with multiple personality disorder maybe?
  • Options
    don't encourage him.

word of warning Stone.

you'll be listening to the radio in the second half, we will be 2-0 up, the commentators will be waxing lyrical about this new Charlton era, Valley Floyd Rd will be ringing round the ground, and you'll be kicking yourself.

Some of the best nights out are always the ones you don't fancy.
  • Options
    The Eleanor Foundation based in Dartford mate....
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    The radio sounds good AFKA but I think I'll watch it on sky all the same.

ps WSS you're on.
  • Options
    Stone,
    I remember reading Voice of the Valley,the week after we won 4-3 at Newcastle having been 3-0 down.(Jan '92.) Anyway,some geezer in there said that he'd debated with himself whether or not to go and decided not to.He then said in future if he could possibly get to the game then he would go,as he couldn't risk that happening again.That always stuck with me and I try and do the same.Plus,I really fancy us tomorrow night.2-0 in a rocking,shaking,cauldron of noise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stone, you know whats gonna happen don't ya??

It will be our frist win over Manure for years and in the Prem and we'll totally play them off the park. You wont have been in attendance, which means we won and played superb because you wasn't there, so when you turn up on sat V Bolton, we will get totoally wiped out by an eight man Bolton side and you'll and we'll always know that we beat manure cos you didnt turn up. This brings on the next problem, the next big game we have say v another big 4, you can't turn up, otherwise we'll get beat!

But hey on the flip side, we would then have a scapegoat (i am in no way calling you a goat here!!) so we can blame someone always.

Thats the way i would look at it, but hey i am mental and i write a load of ol tripe.

Good luck with the decision.

CAFC
  • Options
    I thought exactly the same as Stone about West Ham on Saturday. Ended up going and look what happened!
    Tomorrow night though will be different as we get our first ever win over manure in the prem ;-) CAFC addiction is a bad drug man!
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I was the same season before last seasons away game at Palace. Ended up getting a ticket on the morning of the game and the rest is history!

Similar to 9goals story, Ive now decided that if I can go (money, cleared with the missus etc) I will.........

I really do hope you regret this M for obvious reasons! Its also sad to see you with so much apathy..... Hopefully Dowie etc can do something about that!
  • Options
    For the first time in a long time I really can't wait for tomorrow....but I'm drinking beforehand just in case....
  • Options
    is Stone still sticking to his guns ?

I'm convinced he'll give in...
  • Options
    make you right,give it a miss.if you're heart isn't in it there is little point.

the amount of times i have just gone when my heart says no and as you come out of the game you can't imagine what you were thinking to make you go.

there will always be that one game that you should have gone to,but for that one there are fifty that you're head will say "told you".
  • Options
    He might be regretting the decision, but as I understand it there is no way back now................
  • Options
    Leaving for the game in 3.5hrs - Weeing myself with excitement already...Still think it'll be crap mind, so I reckon Stone is making the right choice.
  • Options
    remember reading Voice of the Valley,the week after we won 4-3 at Newcastle having been 3-0 down.

Similarly when we played Ipswich around that time I debated going, I'd been to Portman Road so wasn't bothered about that, I called a friend, did he want to go halves on the petrol money? No...

Ok sod it I thought, it'll be a nothing match. Five-bloody one and to boot I missed Carlo's hat-trick...
  • Options
    @Stone: Looks like you called that right! Well done... unfortunately ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's right and there's spot on with a joker played on it........ http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=905&p=16&style=1&forumId=6613&action=1&replytoid=2121632052

Wish I wasn't on here saying I told you so but........

I DID!
  • Options
    Stone,

never listening to me again.

I had a good feeling about Saturday, and a good one about tonight. Be assured i will not have a good feeling about any other game this season.