Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton in the Guardian

2»

Comments

• Options

Sounds like he just didn't 'understand'. That's on him, not us.

Although, to be fair, that's a really cutting headline. I imagine it really put those he was so cross with to the proverbial sword. I'm sure that taught them.

One of your better interventions, BBW, I will give you that. However your last sentence is obviously problematic. For it to have happened it would have  involved Spanners reading the Guardian. 

We're a broad 'place where people congregate to worship a make believe deity' so am sure that all forms of rag on both the left and right are read, cover to cover, to enable a balanced viewpoint to be formed. We're certainly not the type of people to read one side and then dismiss the other without ever having read it. That would mean we'd only ever hear our own voices, repeatedly, fading in to the distance of ones own self made chamber ;)

That said, people don't read the Guardian. The Guardian preaches at it's readership.

I’d say it’s the one paper that doesn’t preach or harangue.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Although, to be fair, that's a really cutting headline. I imagine it really put those he was so cross with to the proverbial sword. I'm sure that taught them.

You do realise BBW that by responding as you did it shows you do care.
    #Notaproppaspanner  ;)

Of course I care. I'm a compassionate kind of guy and full of empathy for others' plights, regardless of their worthiness ;)
    So what are you doing on the Dark Side, matey?

Just pop down the The Valley next Wednesday evening, wearing your anorak and with transpotting notebook in hand, and you'll be made very welcome.
    Elfsborg will even buy you a drink (he's the one with shorter legs than AFKA). :smile:

Some would say due to child abuse, much like the religious bestowment so many suffer from at the hands of their family.

If I turned up at Charlton then the fiery gates of Hellwall would definitely be my only destination when I either rot in the ground or am burnt to ashes (I have no preferred method. Am happy to be chucked on a skip if truth be told. Why? because I'll be dead and none the wiser) :)

Thanks for the offer, though. It's the thought that counts ;)
    Blimey, you have had it tough.

It's a big bad world out there.

PS: Are you going to Hellwall tomorrow or following our match thread on here? 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

You do realise BBW that by responding as you did it shows you do care.
    #Notaproppaspanner  ;)

Of course I care. I'm a compassionate kind of guy and full of empathy for others' plights, regardless of their worthiness ;)
    So what are you doing on the Dark Side, matey?

Just pop down the The Valley next Wednesday evening, wearing your anorak and with transpotting notebook in hand, and you'll be made very welcome.
    Elfsborg will even buy you a drink (he's the one with shorter legs than AFKA). :smile:

Some would say due to child abuse, much like the religious bestowment so many suffer from at the hands of their family.

If I turned up at Charlton then the fiery gates of Hellwall would definitely be my only destination when I either rot in the ground or am burnt to ashes (I have no preferred method. Am happy to be chucked on a skip if truth be told. Why? because I'll be dead and none the wiser) :)

Thanks for the offer, though. It's the thought that counts ;)
    Blimey, you have had it tough.

It's a big bad world out there.

PS: Are you going to Hellwall tomorrow or following our match thread on here? 

This post will self destruct in......
  • Options

One of your better interventions, BBW, I will give you that. However your last sentence is obviously problematic. For it to have happened it would have  involved Spanners reading the Guardian. 
    Right on! Because there's not a man, woman or child that supports Charlton and reads the Sun.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Right on! Because there's not a man, woman or child that supports Charlton and reads the Sun.
    My remark was what in modern parlance is known as banter. Something which the object of the banter appeared to appreciate.
  • Options
    You're too old @PragueAddick. It's "bants".
  • Options
    Redskin said:

My remark was what in modern parlance is known as banter. Something which the object of the banter appeared to appreciate.
    As was mine, which a couple of people 'appeared to appreciate'.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Quite. One should try to grow old gracefully. That's why I've declared war on anyone who uses the latest and most egregious abuse of the English language... "woke"   :-)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Quite. One should try to grow old gracefully. That's why I've declared war on anyone who uses the latest and most egregious abuse of the English language... "woke"   :-)
    Grow old gracefully, Prague?

I used to worry about everything - but now that I'm an old git, I couldn't give a toss any more.
    Life's too short.

Now my mantra is "Grow old disgracefully, let's have some fun while we still can!" :smile:

PS: Bants, of course! 

• Options
    I think the best thing about the article is that it will reach a wider audience and I think that is the least Tom Brandhost deserves. His video is absolutely brilliant. Perhaps he might get some opportunities from people seeing how talented he his. 

It is hardly old news. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Addickted said:
    Grow old gracefully, Prague?

I used to worry about everything - but now that I'm an old git, I couldn't give a toss any more.
    Life's too short.

Now my mantra is "Grow old disgracefully, let's have some fun while we still can!" :smile:

PS: Bants, of course! 

Quite right too ... gracefully? Bolox to that  :)