Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon Nimer: We’ll use technology to help make Charlton Athletic stronger – we have five-year plan

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    It is more the timing of the comment than the comment itself that troubles me. i'm sure investment in a lot of these areas will improve the club but ultimately you find the best manager you can and build from there. That is the most important thing. ESI were fortunate enough to have an excellent manager and if they didn't believe so, they should have brought in somebody they thought was better. As they haven't, forget about all the great things you are going to do and sign Bowyer up and resolve the short term issues that could scupper what you are trying to achieve. Not being disrespectful, just saying having Bowyer in charge is probably the best way of achieving success and of course get all the details around that right too. 
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Never mind a 5 year plan, what’s the next 5 month plan? 
    More to the point, how will they deal with the critical next 14 days???! 
    Thats the issue - otherwise we will be back in league 1. 

Its very worrying they are looking at very average league 1 teams for transfer targets.
    But if rumours are correct, we’re looking at the best players of these league 1 teams.

Think of the incredible talent we sold when in league 1. You’re telling me you wouldn’t be interested in signing the likes of Aribo, Lookman or Grant at this moment?  

I'd sooner see players of a higher level coming in, that would be more reassuring.
  • Options
    It is more the timing of the comment than the comment itself that troubles me. i'm sure investment in a lot of these areas will improve the club but ultimately you find the best manager you can and build from there. That is the most important thing. ESI were fortunate enough to have an excellent manager and if they didn't believe so, they should have brought in somebody they thought was better. As they haven't, forget about all the great things you are going to do and sign Bowyer up and resolve the short term issues that could scupper what you are trying to achieve. Not being disrespectful, just saying having Bowyer in charge is probably the best way of achieving success and of course get all the details around that right too. 
    They did a press day this week, that’s the timing, no malice 
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Sage said:
    We also have to remember that His Excellency overlooks the running of over 60 businesses. Of those businesses, health and medicine are part of them. Just as energy, gas, oil, broadcasting, insurance etc.

He has an unbelievable amount of incredible contacts so if we need the very best, even though London has fantastic people, we will be able to get the very best.

It’s not all about spending money, it’s also using the network he has at his disposal. That could help us hugely in the long term. 
    Sage said:
    We also have to remember that His Excellency overlooks the running of over 60 businesses. Of those businesses, health and medicine are part of them. Just as energy, gas, oil, broadcasting, insurance etc.

He has an unbelievable amount of incredible contacts so if we need the very best, even though London has fantastic people, we will be able to get the very best.

It’s not all about spending money, it’s also using the network he has at his disposal. That could help us hugely in the long term. 
    Didn't Roly also have a "network"??

If they want us to stay in this league, they need to invest in a few key players now.

Its that simple.
    Completely different having a network of clubs to having a network of excellent contacts due to being highly regarded in the business world.

If people believe they don’t know they need to spend to keep us in the league, they’re being foolish. They know the importance of staying in the Championship. We need to assess things at the end of January, not now.
  • Options
    Yes we are looking in league one, but half of our squad from the last 3 months wouldn't get into the teams we are looking to buy from. 
  • Options
    The predicament we are in is of Duchatalet's making, not ESI's. It takes a little time to get over the pox, and it looks like, to me, that ESI are taking a sensible, measured approach to our recovery. The time to be critical of ESI will be at the end of January if we haven't been able to secure any new, significant signings. In any case, as our injured players come back we'll have a team capable of staying in this league.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Our best team in League One last season could be a play off championship side. Our squad was just a bit thin. It would beat our current side we are putting out every time IMO.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Its very worrying they are looking at very average league 1 teams for transfer targets.
    But if rumours are correct, we’re looking at the best players of these league 1 teams.

Think of the incredible talent we sold when in league 1. You’re telling me you wouldn’t be interested in signing the likes of Aribo, Lookman or Grant at this moment?  

I'd sooner see players of a higher level coming in, that would be more reassuring.
    Wouldn’t you wonder why they’re stepping down to join a relegation battle? With signings like they there’s the risk the player has been let go as they’re no longer good enough or they’re only coming for the money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two seasons ago at Scunthorpe, CAFC took a portable Cryotherapy cabin and stuck it in their carpark outside the players entrance for post match use by our players.

The Scunthorpe officials were bemused as they had never seen this type of treatment before.

If we were doing this in the middle of RDs reign, I would hardly call our medical staff and the treatment of professional sportsmen medieval.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Two seasons ago at Scunthorpe, CAFC took a portable Cryotherapy cabin and stuck it in their carpark outside the players entrance for post match use by our players.

The Scunthorpe officials were bemused as they had never seen this type of treatment before.

If we were doing this in the middle of RDs reign, I would hardly call our medical staff and the treatment of professional sportsmen medieval.
    Wasnt there something about a link between Charlton and some company in Sidcup that deal with Cryotherapy earlier this season?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Didn't Roly also have a "network"??

If they want us to stay in this league, they need to invest in a few key players now.

Its that simple.
    Completely different having a network of clubs to having a network of excellent contacts due to being highly regarded in the business world.

If people believe they don’t know they need to spend to keep us in the league, they’re being foolish. They know the importance of staying in the Championship. We need to assess things at the end of January, not now.
    Wasn't the original point of RD's network sharing players, recruitment and medical facilities across the teams?  Think you will find the actual quote if you look hard enough 
  • Options
    It's all very good having long term plans but at the moment all the energy and time should be spent on the short term goal of staying in the championship. A couple of top quality loan players could be the answer rather than big contract panic buys
  • Options
    It's all very good having long term plans but at the moment all the energy and time should be spent on the short term goal of staying in the championship. A couple of top quality loan players could be the answer rather than big contract panic buys
    They have already said in another statement it would not be the end of the world if we get relegated back to League One so I am taking from that they do not see staying in The Championship as a reason to splash the cash. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    They have already said in another statement it would not be the end of the world if we get relegated back to League One so I am taking from that they do not see staying in The Championship as a reason to splash the cash. 

Second time I've read this in back to back threads. Can anyone point me in the direction of this quote?

It sounds very bad, if true.
  • Options

Second time I've read this in back to back threads. Can anyone point me in the direction of this quote?

Southall said also that provisions are in place should Charlton be relegated this season, and that a return to League One would not impact significantly the club’s ability to generate revenue from Gulf sponsors.

‘Given the fact that we're already quite streamlined, as long as we can continue to increase the commercial revenues, the partners that we're speaking to in the Middle East, they're wanting to get involved because of their relationship with Tahnoon,” Southall said. “Regardless of whether we're in League One or the Championship or the Premier League, they know our long-term vision, our long-term plan.’”

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/charlton-s-new-al-ain-based-owners-outline-five-year-masterplan-to-take-london-club-back-to-the-premier-league-1.966704

Not quite the same thing but I assume this is what’s being referred to.
  • Options

“Southall said also that provisions are in place should Charlton be relegated this season, and that a return to League One would not impact significantly the club’s ability to generate revenue from Gulf sponsors.

‘Given the fact that we're already quite streamlined, as long as we can continue to increase the commercial revenues, the partners that we're speaking to in the Middle East, they're wanting to get involved because of their relationship with Tahnoon,” Southall said. “Regardless of whether we're in League One or the Championship or the Premier League, they know our long-term vision, our long-term plan.’”

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/charlton-s-new-al-ain-based-owners-outline-five-year-masterplan-to-take-london-club-back-to-the-premier-league-1.966704

Not quite the same thing but I assume this is what’s being referred to.
    Regradless of the reality he can't say "if we go down we are fooked and all my plans go out the window".  The truth is, if the worst happens, you are actually 2 years down the line even if you come straight back up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    stonemuse said:
    JamesSeed said:
    It's good news that they're going to investigate the medical and conditioning side for sure, but I'm slightly surprised that they're bringing in people from the UAE when London has a very good reputation reputation for sports science.

It's also going to be pretty dispiriting for our Medical team:

Head of Medical Services: Alastair Thrush 

Club Doctor: Chris Jones

Lead First-Team Sports Scientist: Josh Hornby 

First-Team Sports Scientist: Ben Talbot

First-Team Physio: Adam Coe 

First-Team Assistant Therapist: Steve Jackson 

Why? I’ve worked in a company struggling before, and when external experts in the field have come in to help, it has given a new lease of life and helped the company get back to better days. 
    Yup, nothing new, it happens in all industries. 

And what’s to say they won’t actually welcome these developments? I would assume it provides them with more support, funding and focus. 
    Let's hope so. Perhaps the medical team were consulted about this, before the announcement was made, to see what sort of help and improvements, in terms of equipment and facilities, they needed. If not I'd be slightly p*ssed off if I were in their shoes. It might feel like they were be blamed for our current plight. This sort of change needs to be managed to keep staff onside. Perfectly possible it has been of course.
    Anyone who works in the medical field will welcome oversight and expertise. They will be used to it. It's a big part of their training. In fact, it's nearly all of their training. 

Anyone who works in that field and would not like to have experts check they are looking after people correctly, using the most up-to-date methods, and not putting people unnecessarily at risk, should not be in a medical role.

I'm sure as medical professionals they will welcome the help. But if any of them say they don't like it, they are welcome to leave and we would be better off for it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

The problem was the players thought it was a porta-loo
    "F888ing hell, that bog's a bit chilly, last time I have a dump in it!"
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Fair points - I stand corrected !!
  • Options
    Jamie19 said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Ollie Clarke could probably be classed as an average league one player but who else is ? Maddison, Clarke-Harris , Fraser .. not sure who else but they’re all top league one players who would make a difference for us.
    I agree and I do trust Bowyer and Gallen. My point was about bringing in some players who will make a big impact straight away and stepping up a league my prove too big a leap for some of those mentioned?
  • Options
    Seriously, get the basics right and then the details are important. Don't make a big thing of the details before you have got the basics sorted.