Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Blaze- French Band- Anyone else a fan?

French electronic and dance music duo that have been going for 4 years now. They Have released one EP and an album in 2018 titled Territory, which is the name of their biggest single on the album.

Some would make comparisons with Daft Punk, considering the genre of music and both being French. But they are not similar at all and I would say that The Blaze have much better sound and deeper meaning and I like Daft Punk aswell.

They base a lot of their music heavily on the music videos themselves and are heavily influenced by social films, citing Ken Loach as one of their biggest influences. Guillaume Alric one half of the duo lived in the Ivory Coast and is a big reggae fan too.

Massively underrated and along with The XX I'd say are the best band in the world currently.

Comments

• Gave a few tracks a listen as I'm into electro but didn't really do much for me and wasn't a fan of the vocalist - sorry!
    Have been listening to TR/ST a fair bit recently, another marmite vocalist but I like this one. 
  • UEAAddick said:
    French electronic and dance music duo that have been going for 4 years now. They Have released one EP and an album in 2018 titled Territory, which is the name of their biggest single on the album.

Some would make comparisons with Daft Punk, considering the genre of music and both being French. But they are not similar at all and I would say that The Blaze have much better sound and deeper meaning and I like Daft Punk aswell.

They base a lot of their music heavily on the music videos themselves and are heavily influenced by social films, citing Ken Loach as one of their biggest influences. Guillaume Alric one half of the duo lived in the Ivory Coast and is a big reggae fan too.

Massively underrated and along with The XX I'd say are the best band in the world currently.

I've not heard of the band The Blaze. However, The XX, best band in the world right now? WOWZA, BOM BOWZA! That's some claim considering they've put no new music out in years.....
  • PopIcon said:
    UEAAddick said:

I've not heard of the band The Blaze. However, The XX, best band in the world right now? WOWZA, BOM BOWZA! That's some claim considering they've put no new music out in years.....
    I'd say that they are still even though they haven't done an album for three years. Who else is there? AM the only other one for me who come close
  • UEAAddick said:
    PopIcon said:
    UEAAddick said:

I'd say that they are still even though they haven't done an album for three years. Who else is there? AM the only other one for me who come close
    I have no idea who the best band in the world are, its entirely subjective.

Supergrass are touring right now, one of the best live bands I've ever seen. 

No doubt some will say the Rolling Stones.
  • Good band. 

They remind me of Paradis, another French group. You might also like
  • Don't know much by them but Territory is great, really good video as well.
  • Chunes said:
    Good band. 

They remind me of Paradis, another French group. You might also like
    Will give him a listen