Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Fulham ( Closes Friday after breakfast)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: 7 - Made some comfortable saves
    Matthews: 7 - Our most solid and consistent player, very reliable, sign him up for another season.
    Lockyer: 7 - Solid defence, but they were missing their best attacking threats.
    Pearce: 7 - Had a very good game, but gave a way a stupid foul at the end, as he is want to do.
    Purrington: 7 - Looked rusty early on, had a couple of good attacking runs, struggled against their winger early, but got better.
    Morgan: 6 - His defensive work and positioning was improved, but he couldn't impose himself on the game with his usual passing.
    Cullen: 7 - So good to have him back, a couple of errors, but he is such a difference maker in the midfield, making us purposeful in possession.
    Pratley: 6 - Solid, not much else to say. 
    Doughty: 8 - He creates chances, a couple of good shots, forcing saves, a couple of wasted crosses, but he beats his man and won so many duels on the ground and in the air. Tracked back well.
    Oztumer: 7 - His touch gives him extra space and he created with the little he was given.
    Hemed: 6 - Plenty of effort, but honestly though Davison offered more against WBA, he barely won a header, sold himself too early when pinning back defenders. The one time he held the ball up he helped create a great chance.
    Williams 7 - Classic Jonny, winning free kicks and putting us on the front foot.
    Referee: 7 - On the whole good ,but missed a couple of fouls, one particularly on Cullen, and a penalty on Hemed for which he would have been unsighted.

Taylor: 7 - Was a nuisance for the Fulham defence, as soon as he came on they looked worried, and that ball for Williams was almost perfection.
    Green: n/a
  • Options

Phillips      7

Matthews 7 He does things correctly. You can tell he's grown up as a full back.

Lockyer     7 Good defender. 

Pearce      6 - Pearcy, you know you've cost a few games, let alone goals with some rash play, so try not to be so errrm rash at times. 

Purrington 6 Getting confidence back

Morgan 5 Since his assist for Bonne, he has been a 5/6 each game. Does he have the hunger?

Cullen 7.5 What we need

Pratley 6 He will have to slightly re-tailor his role which might not suit him as much unless have attacking players in front of him (Williams/Green/Doughty)

Doughty 7 I like his effort and energy. We need a position for him rather than hope he burns players and assists/scores

Oztumer 6

Hemed   6

Williams 7

Taylor    7

• Options
    edited January 2020

Phillips: 8
    Matthews: 7
    Lockyer: 7
    Pearce: 5
    Purrington: 6
    Morgan: 5
    Cullen: 8.5
    Pratley: 8
    Doughty: 7
    Oztumer: 5
    Hemed: 6
    Williams: 7

ref 9.  Thought he was excellent. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Purrington: 7
    Cullen: 8
    Pratley: 7
    Doughty: 8
    Oztumer: 6
    Hemed: 7
    Williams: 8
    Referee: 3
  • Options
    Pearce: 6.5
    Purrington: 7 some nice tackles and tidy feet
    Morgan: 6
    Cullen: 8   90 minutes? awesome!
    Doughty: 8.5
    Oztumer: 7
    Hemed: 6.5

Referee: 6 seen a lot worse

• Options
    Cullen: 7
    Oztumer: 6.5
    Williams: 7.5
  • Options
    Morgan: 6.5
    Doughty: 7.5
    Williams 7.5
    Referee:7
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Phillips: 7.5 - Very sound.
    Matthews: 7 - I like him defensively. Good one on one. 
    Lockyer: 7 - Helped to blunt Fulham.
    Pearce: 7 - One daft foul but otherwise very strong. 
    Purrington: 7 - Sound defensively. Tried to get forward 1st half. 
    Morgan: 5 - Missing 1st half. Slightly better 2nd half. 
    Cullen: 7.5 - Kept going really well. Didn't know what to do when up field late on. 
    Pratley: 7.5 - Worked well with the other midfielders to keep Fulham from opening us up.
    Doughty: 6.5 - Good running with the ball but end product was hopeless. Put a good shift in and did quite a bit of decent defensive work. 
    Oztumer: 6 - Worked very hard and showed some neat touches. What's happened to his shooting and dead balls? Must be rustiness. 
    Hemed: 6 - Worked very hard and showed the odd touch of class. No service at all.
    Williams 7 - Perked us up nicely and at least gave Fulham something to think about. He's the sort of player who creates the situation from which a chance might be created...if you know what I mean?! Key man. 
    Referee: 6 - A bit unkind to Hemed (not the penalty...I couldn't judge that). But reffed it well and kept the cards in his pocket. 

Taylor: n/a - Looked very sharp and offers so much in attack.
    Green: n/a - Did he touch the ball? 
  • Options
    Matthews: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Purrington: 6
    Pratley: 6
    Williams 6
    Referee: 5

MOTM Hector of Fulham
  • Options
    Lockyer: 7.5
    Morgan: 6.5
    Cullen: 7.5
    Pratley: 7.5
    Oztumer: 7.5
    Williams 7
    Referee:6.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at The Valley, on Sky or a live stream, your marks please:

Phillips: 6 one real save, but distribution remains awful. He's either kicking into touch or to an opposition player inviting pressure straight back on. Has attributes to be a really good keeper, but surely they work on this in training.

Matthews: 7.5 good solid display and got forward well
    Lockyer: 7 one lapse, but generally decent game
    Pearce: 6.5 daft free kick given away at the end. Didn't get the Mitrovic battle (part II), I assume we were expecting.
    Purrington: 7 getting back to what we saw in L1 after a rocky patch 
    Morgan:  6 game passed him by for large swathes
    Cullen: 8.5 straight back into it and didn't seem rusty at all. Great to have him back.
    Pratley: 8.5 seems to have boundless energy. All over the place, got a foot in where needed and got on Fulham's nerves. Great game 
    Doughty: 8 poor final ball last night, but his play since he came in has been a real pleasure to watch. Roasting midfielders and defenders every time he gets the ball.
    Oztumer: 7 really in the game and buzzing around their ankles all through the game.  Corners though...argh!  
    Hemed: 6.5 seems to be getting more mobile, but I'm, sure he used to win headers at Brighton 
    Williams: 7.5 always wants the ball and adds a spark to the team and the fans. Scares the opposition, although a couple of things didn't come off.
    Referee: 7 decent game, let it flow, although there weren't really any tackles flying in...not exactly mirror images of the two bosses on the sidelines

Taylor: n/a  looked superb when he came on. Hoping we can get him on a contract now that Bowyer has been sorted. He brings so much to the team
    Green: n/a  didn't get a look in, but thought he should have come on 10 minutes earlier with Lyle.
  • Options
    Lockyer: 5
    Pearce: 4
    Cullen: 9
    Pratley: 10
    Doughty: 9
    Oztumer: 8
    Hemed: 4
    Williams 8
    Referee: 5

Taylor: n/a
  • Options
    Matthews: 8
    Lockyer: 7.5
    Pearce: 6
    Purrington: 7.5
    Morgan: 7
    Williams 7
    Referee: 8
  • Options
    at The Valley, on Sky or a live stream, your marks please:

Phillips:      7
    Matthews:   7
    Lockyer:    7.5
    Pearce:      6.5
    Purrington:    7
    Morgan:      7
    Cullen:        8
    Pratley:      7.5
    Doughty:     8
    Oztumer:    6.5
    Hemed:      6
    Williams      7.5
    Referee:

• Options
    :

Phillips: 6.5 little to do, kicking poor
    Matthews: 8 solid 
    Lockyer: 8 solid
    Pearce: 8 solid 
    Purrington: 8 back to form
    Morgan: 6 tried his best
    Cullen: 7.5 great to have him back
    Pratley: 7 Mr dependable 
    Doughty: 8 so exciting 
    Oztumer: 7 ran his socks off
    Hemed: 6 tried hard, but little impact 
    Williams: 7.5 makes things happen
    Referee: 7 decent game

Green: n/a
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    stream

Phillips: 7.5
    Matthews: 6.5
    Lockyer: 8
    Purrington: 6.5
    Morgan: 5.5
    Cullen: 6
    Pratley: 7
    Oztumer: 7.5
    Hemed: 6.5
    Referee: 3

• Options

Phillips: 8 - Coming to expect this from him now.  Very assured and came off his line a few times too.
    Matthews: 7.5 I really like the guy.  Good engine, decent crosser and good positionally.  Hope we can keep him
    Lockyer: 7.5 Better from him.  I'm still not 100% sold on him but he was good last night
    Pearce: 7 Better than recent performances but still looks clumsy too often for my liking
    Purrington: 7.5 Very good game following a togh period of time recently
    Morgan: 5 Going backwards at the moment.  He's got the talent but there is some sort of disconnect.  I really think he needs a L2 loan
    Cullen: 8.5 Given he has been out for a while it's was brilliant to see him back there.  Apparently he told Bowyer "Don't worry about me I'll be fine - don't even think about subbing me off".  He would be a fabulous signing if it were possible
    Pratley: 7 The usual.  Still punching way above his weigh considering he was brought in as a squad player but I love this guy
    Doughty: 8 Bowyer will be ripping in  to him for his final ball.  If he can get that sorted he could be a massive asset.  Direct and fearless - brilliant combo
    Oztumer: 6 My biggest disappointme nt this season sadly.  I want to like him but haven't been enthralled yet
    Hemed: 7 Worked hard wth little service.  Did ok IMO
    Williams: 7 Usual from him.  Can run down a blind alley but manages to get away with it by drawing a foul
    Referee: 6

• Options
    Watched from Lower West Block D:

Phillips: 7 Decent game, kicking could be slightly better.
    Matthews: 7 Played well, give him a good contract.
    Lockyer: 8 Mr Dependable another good game.
    Pearce: 7 Good captain, enthusiasm makes up for a lot.
    Purrington: 7.5 Good to see Ben back to his best form.
    Morgan: 6 Seen Albie play a lot better, but think he took a knock just before half-time.
    Cullen: 8.5 MOM for me. Whatever it takes get him on a permanent. Made all the difference.
    Pratley: 8 Almost MOM for me, his best season ever. Mr Consistentcy.
    Doughty: 8 As above covers every blade of ground. Hope he can make up for Connor leaving.
    Oztumer: 6 Good trier, but would get him to practice corners only never going to win a header from one!
    Hemed: 7 Thankless job up front on is own, can't fault lack of effort.
    Williams: 8 Makes all the difference great pace and skills
    Referee: 6 Didn't give Williams enough protection saw Johnny flattened by one of their giants but no free kick!

Taylor: n/a Can't give anything lower than 8 for the difference he makes, please stay mate!
    Green: n/a Don't think he touched the ball but going to be an asset for sure!
  • Options
    At The Valley

Phillips: - 7 - Kicking still needs lots of work.
    Matthews: - 7.5 - Really like this fella. Think we found a good one here.
    Lockyer:  - 7.5 - Great battle with Reid. Got stuck in.
    Pearce:  - 6 - Sadly looking out of place at this level. Shame, as he's a warrior and good captain.
    Purrington: - 7 - Steady
    Morgan:  - 6.5 - Not involved a great deal.
    Cullen:  - 8.5 - We look a much better team with him at the heart of it.
    Pratley:  - 8 - Another good game.
    Doughty: - 7.5 - Looking like the next star from our academy.
    Oztumer: - 7.5 - Thought he had a decent game, especially considering his injury layoff.
    Hemed:  - 7 - Best I've seen him play for us.
    Williams - 8 - Different gravy!
    Referee: - 5 - Some weird decisions....annoyingly looked the kind of ref who doesn't see things and gives the decision to the team that shouts loudest.

Taylor: n/a - Looked up for it, and sharper than his previous comeback.
    Green: n/a - Surprised he didn't start.

• Options
    Phillips:   8
    Matthews: 7
    Lockyer:  8
    Pearce:  5
    Purrington: 6
    Morgan: 5
    Cullen:  7
    Pratley:  7
    Doughty: 7
    Oztumer: 6
    Hemed:  6
    Williams  7
    Referee:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips: 7 reliable keeping as ever
    Matthews: 7.5 a cracking defensive display 
    Lockyer: 7.5 a very good game 
    Pearce: 7.5 appears to have inherited a share of Naby's scapegoat fairy dust - well, apart from a couple of minor errors I thought he was good! Maybe our fans just like taking it out on defenders? I don't get it and I never will. He even played the best pass of the match in the first half. Maybe Naby's rubbing off on him in that way too :) 
    Purrington: 8 very good indeed 
    Morgan: 5 not very good indeed 
    Cullen: 7 not his best display but his very presence changed us as a team completely 
    Pratley: 7 the usual dogged display
    Doughty: 6.5 imagine how good he'll be when there's more end product 
    Oztumer: 6.5 an energetic, tidy display marred by dreadful set-pieces. Cullen was little better mind you. Reeves is the only reliably good corner-taker we've had the last few years. Get Williams on them I say 
    Hemed: 6.5 showed enough to encourage
    Williams: 7.5 keep this man fit please 
    Referee: 7 eh good 
  • Options
    Matthews: 6
    Lockyer: 6
    Oztumer: 8
    Williams: 8
    Referee: 6
  • Options
    Phillips: 7 - a couple of decent saves in the first half, untroubled in the second
    Matthews: 6.5 - reasonably solid
    Lockyer: 7 - impressive as usual. One or two wayward passes but he is a quality defender
    Pearce: 5.5 - one classic block but looked shaky in possession and has a tendency to give away unnecessary free kicks
    Purrington: 7 - weak in possession but good at his core role, which is defending and stopping crosses. Had a strong second half
    Morgan: 5 - much of the game passed him by, although it was always going to be difficult for Albie with Fulham having the lion's share of possession 
    Cullen: 7.5 - slipped back in seamlessly and kept going until the very end. He gives the team so much more structure
    Pratley: 7 - impressive as usual
    Doughty: 7.5 - his pace and aggression are a joy to watch
    Oztumer: 6.5 - worked like a trojan and is always looking to pass and move. Squandered a decent shooting opportunity in the second half and his corners were poor but, overall, a very decent first game back
    Hemed: 5 - lacks pace and mobility and made very little impact
    Williams: 7 - his introduction instantly raised the tempo and the level of quality 
    Referee: 5 - I felt he was too lenient with Fulham and somehow they only picked up one yellow card