Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Great win. Our batting is our strength as we have a lot of potential match winners in that discipline. Our bowling is a bit one dimensional but I think that with so few England or overseas bowlers allowed to partake we are probably in much the same boat in that respect as most of the other sides.
  • Options
    At 4.18 we got.....“Blown it”......from bolloxbolder!

At 4.54 we got......”NEED 3 FROM 3.....from MrOneLung!

What happened in those 36 minutes????
    Don't you just love how the balance of the game swings from one side to the other? Especially when you win! I'm not a betting person, but would be interested to see how the odds change during some games, just to appreciate how one side is on top then the other and then it all changes again.

And so good we can at least watch the games on the county website

Anyone know if there are any plans for any spectators at the quarter finals (and finals day)?

• Options
    Great win. Our batting is our strength as we have a lot of potential match winners in that discipline. Our bowling is a bit one dimensional but I think that with so few England or overseas bowlers allowed to partake we are probably in much the same boat in that respect as most of the other sides.
    And the other big plus is that we have no one off to the IPL - Surrey will be missing both the Currans on Sunday
  • Options
    It looks like there are QF, which means 8 teams from 3 groups. A win in our last game against Surrey will guarantee a spot. If we lose then we are relying on other results. If we come 3rd in the group, is it just the 2 3rd place teams who go through or is there another criteria. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    It looks like there are QF, which means 8 teams from 3 groups. A win in our last game against Surrey will guarantee a spot. If we lose then we are relying on other results. If we come 3rd in the group, is it just the 2 3rd place teams who go through or is there another criteria. 
    My understanding is that we have qualified already and a win against Surrey will give us home advantage in the QF
  • Options
    And the other big plus is that we have no one off to the IPL - Surrey will be missing both the Currans on Sunday
    I didn't realise that :smiley:
  • Options
    redman said:
    They said before the game and on the commentary that a win would guarantee a quarter final spot.  And that we could get home advantage with a win against Slurrey
  • Options
    Kent Spitfires qualify for T20 Blast knockout stages with four-wicket win over Essex Eagles. Grant Stewart hit a six in the final over to blast Kent Spitfires into the T20 Blast knockout stages.1 hour ago
  • Options
    redman said:
    My understanding is that we have qualified already and a win against Surrey will give us home advantage in the QF
    Thanks. Checking the tables I can see the logic. We already have 12 points. The table for the north group shows that whoever comes 3rd cannot possibly get to 12 points 
  • Options
    Any idea of dates for the quarters ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea of dates for the quarters ?
    All four QFs are on 1st October, two days before Finals Day at Edgbaston.
  • Options
    A Surrey v Kent final it is then
  • Options
    A Slurrey v Kent final it is then.
    Changed it for you.
    😉
  • Options
    At 4.18 we got.....“Blown it”......from bolloxbolder!

At 4.54 we got......”NEED 3 FROM 3.....from MrOneLung!

What happened in those 36 minutes????
    Does bolloxbolder need to go in the ITK thread  :D

Been busy today, so missed this. Great to get through to the QF, Cox played well against Middlesex so can consider himself slightly unlucky to miss out. Was this the first time Billings has taken the gloves all season as Robinson seemed to take the gloves in the Bob Willis trophy
  • Options
    Changed it for you.
    😉
    Don't be such a miserable old git 😁
  • Options
    Changed it for you.
    😉
    Don't be such a miserable old git 😁
    MOG to my friends, but you can call me Miserableoldgit. 😉
  • Options
    On sky this afternoon v Surrey.
  • Options
    Come on Super Kent!
  • Options
    Good afternoon everyone 😊😊
  • Options
    Good afternoon @blackpool72
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (Super) Kent 62-2 off 9 overs.
  • Options
    (Super) Kent 102-2 off 13 overs.
  • Options
    (Super) Kent 127-2 off 15 overs.
  • Options
    (Super) Kent 159-8 (20).
  • Options
    At one point I thought Kent were going to get about 180.
    Game on
  • Options
    7 from the last 2 overs.

Think that is going to cost us the game.
  • Options
    Going to be tricky defending that total.

We shall see.
  • Options
    Great bowling at the end by Surrey as much as it pains me to say.

Bowling full and outisde off stump - our middle order can't hit it!
  • Options
    Going to be tricky defending that total.

We shall see.
    Don't think it is going to be enough to win let alone to get top spot.

It's the quarter final that matters.

Are any spectators going to be allowed to the the quarter finals making a home tie more of an advantage?
  • Options
    Slurrey  22-1 , off 4.