Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Memories of the Takeover Thread Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Australia! 
  • Options
    Waiting for Godot: The fish puns represented the dark matter in the empty world of the SOC where triviality and small talk was turned into a Salvador Dali surrealist art work with elements of Cubism and Dada just for good measure. The House analogies were top class and Martin Lewis  
    has used 3 of them this week, on tips to save money.

It was 90% repetition, and CL members claiming brownie points despite the same gag being used 1800 pages before. I know this is true because Chizz would check up.

Threaded and banished to the outer edge of the cosmos, where a critical two weeks doesn't exist.

• Options
    Grapevine49
  • Options
    The passion for my club and anger at what was happening to it were a powerful mixture. It's weird that a mere thread can arouse such strong feelings. But it really did. 
    Came to hate the house analogies though. I'm thick but they all seemed to say pretty much the same thing.
    As has been said it really was a kind of companion or place to retreat to at times. 
    Weird. 
  • Options
    The "Australians" who were just waiting for the EFL to sign some papers - but never really existed.
    Damn, I've been nobbled!  :D
  • Options
    Happier times
  • Options
    What Takeover thread,you mean we have been taken over...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yes and the lovely new chairman’s got something about him. Like a young Arthur Daley he is, ever so charming. Things are on the up 👍🏻
  • Options
    Anyone would be better than Roland.  
    Would rather be relegated and get rid than stay up and keep him.