Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United "Fans" Take It Too Far

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Not sure why we're claiming some moral high ground. There is an on the piss when Roland dies banner and his house got graffitied, imagine what would have happened if he lived locally? Katrien wasn't threatened.

Anyway ,they’re planning a mass walk out in the 58th minute this weekend (the Munich anniversary match of all games) to highlight the horrors they’ve been suffering. I think that sums them up.
  • Options
    The whole thing is a bit sad and embarrassing, whether someone is rubbish and out of their depth in their job or not no one deserves that.
    Ed Woodward listened to Mourinho when they bought Sanchez, when he was at his peak( so we thought) and paid him a queen's ransom in wages and signing on fees. I know that a CEO can block transfers but that at the time looked decent even if the wages always look obscene. Woodward is paid big bucks, but demo at the ground.

If RD had shown up at the valley for games then a peaceful protest wouldn't have taken place in Belgium.  
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

She claimed she did but strangely never reported them to the police or her own safety officer.

She was willing to run to the police about the fake resignation, about made up stuff from CL which was laughed out of court and demanded, unsuccessfully,  that the police ban the funeral march but you believe she did nothing about threats?

Imagine believing liar Meire.
    My eyes and ears do not deceive, she got threats at the Valley. 

You know I wasn't a fan of her tenure, thankfully that's all in the past.
    I don't recall any threats and I never miss a game at The Valley.
    If you heard them you should be able to tell us what they were.
  • Options
    Katrien got no threats.

She claimed she did but strangely never reported them to the police or her own safety officer.

She was willing to run to the police about the fake resignation, about made up stuff from CL which was laughed out of court and demanded, unsuccessfully,  that the police ban the funeral march but you believe she did nothing about threats?

The clue is in the name
  • Options

I'm quite late to the party here, incredibly late in fact but please excuse me as a somewhat newcomer.

Katrien tried to take action on CharltonLife?!

• Options

I'm quite late to the party here, incredibly late in fact but please excuse me as a somewhat newcomer.

I've heard bits and pieces, but I'd like to know the full story if people feel that enough time has passed that they are now able to tell it? (and the regime has changed, of course)

If not, a PM maybe?
  • Options
    It's only 2%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I never heard any threats at any of the games I attended. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

what threats were they? (i'm not questioning if it happened btw, just wondering what they were)
    She got threats of physical abuse, cannot recall the actual words, not nice stuff. 

Let's not get side tracked, but there is an increasing number of fans acting poorly both home and away. I have witnessed a LOT of Millwall-esq behavour from our fans and its slowly getting worse.
    Is it getting worse though? 

Worse than when, the 70s, 80s, 90s?

Can't remember the last time I heard a racist comment or saw a proper punch up at a Charlton match. I'm sure it all still goes on to a certain extent, but is it really any worse than any time previously?
    Talk to Mick Everett, see what his thoughts are on the subject.

• Options

She had CL being monitored.
    I think there were possibly about 50 people that they were monitoring comments on.
    They took action against 3 that I know of, who had to attend Eltham nick.
    The evidence was "selective" with the adjacent comments redacted, to make things seem worse.
    The case was thrown out.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I wonder if Poplcon means when some rough upper North lot started singing about the sofa going in sideways, where the sun don't shine, outside the west stand ?

Comedy Gold  :)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

what threats were they? (i'm not questioning if it happened btw, just wondering what they were)
    She got threats of physical abuse, cannot recall the actual words, not nice stuff. 

Let's not get side tracked, but there is an increasing number of fans acting poorly both home and away. I have witnessed a LOT of Millwall-esq behavour from our fans and its slowly getting worse.

Can't remember the last time I heard a racist comment or saw a proper punch up at a Charlton match. I'm sure it all still goes on to a certain extent, but is it really any worse than any time previously?

I don't know him, so I doubt I will be asking him.

When was the last big off at a Charlton home game then?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I don't think he threatened to kill her.

Anyway, I thought she didn't speak to Mick for almost two years.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I wonder if Poplcon means when some rough upper North lot started singing about the sofa going in sideways, where the sun don't shine, outside the west stand ?

Comedy Gold  :)
    That was banter.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I don't know him, so I doubt I will be asking him.

When was the last big off at a Charlton home game then?

The last big off was the 14 chip demonstration against Fleetwood last season. About 10 Cafc fans put 7 chips on each shoulder, 2 other fans with special needs put 6 + 5 on their shoulders but we were glad they joined in. Pictures taken, were sent to various news outlets including Sky, BBC and The  Brussels times.  Unfortunately no pictures were printed in any of the above journals but one cropped photo was printed in the Harry Ramsden Gazette with a few lines about "southern folk with eating disorders" 

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I speak to him often.

He's the safety officer any threats would have been reported to him.

You're now trying to shift from comparing the actions of protesting Charlton fans in Belgium to those of Man U fans to there has been more general misbehaviour, unrelated to Meire or the protests, among Charlton fans, which may or may not even be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I speak to him often.

You're now trying to shift from comparing the actions of protesting Charlton fans in Belgium to those of Man U fans to there has been more general misbehaviour, unrelated to Meire or the protests, among Charlton fans, which may or may not even be true.
    I'm not trying to shift anything, we're just talking and you've taken the high ground, getting passive aggressive. 

I supported the protests both here in Belgium. I just dont support bad behaviour.

If anyone wants to read my comments, my reference to Mick was regarding the general bad behaviour of late from Charlton fans and nothing to do with Katrien.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

Too right, it was far worse in the 70’s 
  • Options
    Whats the issue with Woodward?
    does he choose the players? 
    How much have they actually spent?
    surely he must consult the managers?

seems like a convinient excuse. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Katrien got no threats.

I speak to him often.

I'm not trying to shift anything, we're just talking and you've taken the high ground, getting passive aggressive. 

I supported the protests both here in Belgium. I just dont support bad behaviour.

If anyone wants to read my comments, my reference to Mick was regarding the general bad behaviour of late from Charlton fans and nothing to do with Katrien.
    You said she got threats of physical abuse which you heard ... as it seems that none of us did, kindly illuminate us. 
  • Options
    He actually said " my eyes and ears do not deceive me"

"Katrine got threats at The Valley"

Utter bollox and spine

• Options
    edited January 2020

She had CL being monitored.
    I think there were possibly about 50 people that they were monitoring comments on.
    They took action against 3 that I know of, who had to attend Eltham nick.
    The evidence was "selective" with the adjacent comments redacted, to make things seem worse.
    The case was thrown out.
    That’s actually unbelievable it even got to the point of being thrown out.

Thank you for sharing
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Biggest threat to Meire was @cabbles

Biggest threat to Meire was herself.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Her own ego
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    There were definitely some unsavoury moments out in Belgium. Katrien's parents house? Roland's property?
    Thats not the case and had you been in Belgium with us you would know that,
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Sums up her incompetence that on her departure she was replaced with.... Absolutely no-one but the situation still didn't get any worse and might even have improved, albeit on a microscopic level.