Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, anyone missing football yet ?

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Big resounding NO from me.

Been nice having a few free weekends to get other bits done, get out and about etc.

Comments

• Options
    i agree afka but i'm still looking forward to the welling game!
  • Options
    Funny, but the fact that we now really only get a break once every two years, with the internationals means i actually enjoy the break.

Having said that, the Welling match is a week today.
  • Options
    Saw Sco on the train last night and he reminded by about the Welling game and i now i'm looking forward to next season rather than specifcally missing football
  • Options
    No. Not at all. Then again, you can't get away from it. Transfer news splashed across the back pages of the papers, pub conversations, pre season friendlies and Masters football.

I think we should launch a petition to make June a football free month. Hefty fines for media, all football matches to be cancelled and execution by firing squad for talking about it. Then we can all have a nice break from this circus.
  • Options
    Not really,been great to get on with other things
  • Options
    Not in our house!
    The rugby league fills the void perfectly.
  • Options
    no not at all - i have been steaming ahead with the ole knowledge stuff - been really grafting on that - out at 5am yesterday morning again.

then again i don't do knowledge on saturdays so not really affected me in that way

it's been lovly having the time off to get all the decorating done in time for the new arrival, plus doen loads with my other boy.
  • Options
    Far less than usual. Probably because I'm struggling to get excited about the Championship. Despite all that I hate about the moral corruption and money focus of it, I'm afraid I did become a Premiership snob...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Not in our house!
    The rugby league fills the void perfectly.

same with me only its Moto GP and the F1.
  • Options
    I'm missing it like a fat child misses KFC.

I was starting to enjoy things towards the end of last season. I'm looking forward to some blood and thunder stuff too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah not really missing it that much, also enjoy the break from playing as well really not looking forward to the dreaded pre-season running :-(
  • Options
    Since the final whistle blew on the last day of the season. It's absolute hell having no real football about, I hate close seasons without a major tornament to enjoy.

"Getting out and about...
    "Football free month...
    "Rugby league fills the void..."
    "Moto GP and F1..." (MOTO GP AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR FOOTBALL - FFS!!!!!)

I thought I had logged into the wrong site for a minute, no wonder we are accused of lacking passion if this is the attitude of the die hards, no wonder half the east stand are more interested in their tea than watching the last five minutes of the game.

Sorry, but Carter aside, you lot are lightweights. [;)]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    Sorry, but Carter aside, you lot are lightweights. [;)]

OK Algarve, lets have a bet on who goes to the most games next season, no excuses :-)
  • Options
    I dont think it should stop, been missing it from day one!
  • Options
    Nice one AFKA...

Lightweight. [;)]
  • Options
    gota say im bursting with excitement for next year!new teams new grounds etc etc. it takes me a while to get used to the fact thers no football to be honest...wouldnt exactly call it enjoyable but de-stresses me for a few weeks before we get to go all over again :-)