Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aiden McGeady - retired p12

Comments

• I have been watching Sunderland til I die which is excellent and they had one lad not playing who was on a long term contract at 60K per week when they went down to League 1.

I think we are too far in the other direction and the weak squad puts too much pressure on Bowyer's motivational skills in a relegation dog fight.

Our spirit will probably keep us up but the squad is significantly weaker than when we had Bauer Bielik, Grant and Aribo in League 1 and it could all go pear shaped with a few bad results and some injuries.
      Rodwell wasn't it?

That whole situation showed one of the negatives of the modern game.
    Sorry that went wrong.  

Rodwell was the bloke on 60k per week but too busy to play football. 

What happened to him ?

I'm sure he went public at one point tweeting that the only reason he wasn't playing is because they couldn't afford to pay him match bonus/win bonus etc so he had offered to tear up the contract and walk away. Sunderland then tweeted him back saying something along the lines of

actually you said if we pay your contract up IN FULL you'd walk away and your not playing because your an arsehole
  • robroy said:
    Bloody hell, league 1 player on £30k a week. Conor Gallagher a 19yr old on the same.

The game's gone mad 
    Sunderland fans seem to think McGeady is on half that.
  • St.Parky of Hoofball has no time for prima donnas, shop stewards and Jonny Stepovers.  Not sure LB does either. 
  • God, I hope he scores the winner on his birthday. That'll be grand.
  • edited February 2020
    McGeady's in good company. Parkinson's treatment of Shelvey when he managed us suggests he doesn't really trust flair players. 
  • My Sunderland mate described him as fat, lazy, up his own arse, disaster in the changing room and expressed his thanks to us. Let's hope Aiden proves him wrong.
  • McGeady's in good company. Parkinson's treatment of Shelvey when he managed us suggests he doesn't really trust flair players. 
    wasn't Shelvey just 17 at the time??
  • My Sunderland mate described him as fat, lazy, up his own arse, disaster in the changing room and expressed his thanks to us. Let's hope Aiden proves him wrong.
    The guys played almost 100 times for Ireland. If I ended up in a mid table league 1 club I wouldn’t be happy at all.

Will get a proper run out for the next couple weeks with Williams out injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

The photos of him when he signed, he was far from fat.

• Don't shoot the messenger! He was also voted poty by supporters the previous year.  I think he has something to prove to them an
  • Sorry didn't finish he has something to prove to them and Parky
  • Sounds like he was made a scape goat up there towards the end.

Sunderland aren’t the only club to do this. “Fat, lazy, glad he’s gone”... that sounds like the sort of comments people made when we let go of Simon Francis among others.
  • Salad said:
    McGeady's in good company. Parkinson's treatment of Shelvey when he managed us suggests he doesn't really trust flair players. 
    wasn't Shelvey just 17 at the time??
    He might have been 17 but he was already head and shoulders above Bailey and Semedo. 
  • edited February 2020
    "Fat, lazy, glad he's gone" was perhaps a better reflection on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's time with us, rather than Francis's.
  • Hope he starts against Luton, you can see the talent he has when he has the ball at his feet, and I think he can hurt Lutons back line. 
    Parky wouldn’t know a decent footballer if they hit him round the face with a wet kipper.
  • edited February 2020
    Hope he starts against Luton, you can see the talent he has when he has the ball at his feet, and I think he can hurt Lutons back line. 
    He’d been ill before the Blackburn game, so was unlikely to be on top form. Hopefully he’ll step it up tomorrow, and I’d like to see him alongside Oztumer. I think they could link up well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoping he finds himself fit and with his scoring boots in any chances he has with us and secured a decent 2 year deal with an extension. Play up 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Hope he starts against Luton, you can see the talent he has when he has the ball at his feet, and I think he can hurt Lutons back line. 
    He’d been ill before the Blackburn game, so was unlikely to be on top form. Hopefully he’ll step it up tomorrow, and I’d like to see him alongside Oztumer. I think they could link up well. 
    Wasn’t the Stoke game he was ill for?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Wasn’t the Stoke game he was ill for?
    I think it was Stoke. 

I know a section of fans have already written him off after the Blackburn game, but I definitely can see his talent when he is in possession of the ball. 

With Leko gone, and Williams forever injured, we lack anyone who can take a players on directly. I'd like to see McGeady and Oztumer start as well, but can't see Bowyer risking a midfield with two attack minded players. 
  • edited February 2020
    Sunderland fan calling player who left them ‘fat and lazy’. Doesn’t smack of bitterness at all that!
    The same Sunderland fans who gave him his very own song and voted him player of the season. 
    I think he’ll be good if given game time. Debatable whether that happens in the position we’re in. A luxury player of sorts. Bowyer has a tough job getting the balancing act of flair and grit in the run-in.
  • I want to be able to give my Sunderland mate pelters so come on Lee given McGeady a start and let's have some goals from you Aiden. 
    Parky wouldn’t know a decent footballer if they hit him round the face with a wet kipper.
    Yeah, what was the name of that left back/left midfielder he signed from Colchester? Disastrous signing. 
    Yeah, what was the name of that left back/left midfielder he signed from Colchester? Disastrous signing. 

Good question... was it hmmm, Jackie Johnson?

Jackson came from Notts County. 
  • Richard J said:
    Sorry didn't finish he has something to prove to them and Parky

Jackson came from Notts County. 
    Facepalm. 
  • I usually have good feelings about players and usually urge us to give them all a fair crack of the whip 

I do not have a good feeling about this signing at all