Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The New Aidan Mcgeady Song

I don't know if my ears were deceiving me, but did anyone hear the new Aidan Mcgeady song?

I asked my wife and son if they heard it ( they didn't) they were in different parts of the ground to me.

Don't know if its this one on you tube, as i haven't got speakers on my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDD21ZJF3mI

Do you think it will catch on?

Edit : it might be this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDD21ZJF3mI&list=RDMDD21ZJF3mI&start_radio=1&t=0

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if my ears were deceiving me, but did anyone hear the new Aidan Mcgeady song?

I asked my wife and son if they heard it ( they didn't) they were in different parts of the ground to me.

Don't know if its this one on you tube, as i haven't got speakers on my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDD21ZJF3mI

Do you think it will catch on?

Edit : it might be this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDD21ZJF3mI&list=RDMDD21ZJF3mI&start_radio=1&t=0
    Those two sound like the same song to me.  Did you paste the right thing into your edit?
  • Options
    I did hear the covered end chanting his name whilst he was warming up down the touchline, although I didn't see him acknowledge the fans (I probably turned away at the wrong moment)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Rizzo said:
    Stig said:
    Am I alone in thinking that a player shouldn't have a song until they've done something for us that merits one? That might come very quickly or it might take a while, put at least then it would be pertinent. 
    I agree, and so does Aidan. We were very close to the subs when they were warming up and the crowd started singing his name and he definitely said "I haven't done anything!" when he heard it. 
    Yeah I sit at front of the lower covered end and he muttered something and was a bit bemused at the praise.

Recognition of his talent and a good welcome though so no harm in it.

Would be good if we came up with some original stuff rather than the generic sky chants. 

EDIT cue @oohaahmortimer "we'd need some personality for that" comment  :-)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Your ears didn't deceive you, Tequila is what was being sung. Another direct rip-off of other club's songs with no imagination.

Hope it doesn't catch-on personally.
    What’s the original?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Stig said:
    Am I alone in thinking that a player shouldn't have a song until they've done something for us that merits one? That might come very quickly or it might take a while, put at least then it would be pertinent. 
    I agree, and so does Aidan. We were very close to the subs when they were warming up and the crowd started singing his name and he definitely said "I haven't done anything!" when he heard it. 
    Yeah I sit at front of the lower covered end and he muttered something and was a bit bemused at the praise.

Recognition of his talent and a good welcome though so no harm in it.

Would be good if we came up with some original stuff rather than the generic sky chants. 

EDIT cue @oohaahmortimer "we'd need some personality for that" comment  :-)
    Don’t hold your breath , even Tranmere have more personality than us 😐
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    I don't know. I'm pretty sure that Jonny Williams would have been a little low on confidence when he arrived. I think hearing his name being sung as he warmed up against Sunderland, would have given him a lift and a warm welcome, especially as an ex Palace player.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Your ears didn't deceive you, Tequila is what was being sung. Another direct rip-off of other club's songs with no imagination.

Hope it doesn't catch-on personally.
    What’s the original?
    Few clubs in non-league and Tranmere sing it, not sure who for.

It’s like twist and shout, I get that Dills sung it post Wembley but it isn’t our song - it’s always been Coventry’s and even Barnet. Only original thing we’re doing with that is getting the lyrics wrong at the end.