Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sleep Over at the Valley

Spend the night at The Valley

Celebrate 100 years of The Valley in Charlton’s pitchside Stadium Sleepout

This is your chance to lay your head next to a pitch that has played host to historic moments, and raise much needed funds for Charlton’s two partner charities, Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) and Children with Cancer UK.

·     Open to all, this will be an unforgettable experience, but also a challenge on a cold night. Get your family and friends involved, raise money for us and take on the challenge you will never forget!

·     Date: Saturday 7 March 2020

·     Cost to register: £15 per person or £25 family/group of four (*with exceptions for larger families as needed) Click 'add' on the booking site to get the group discount.

·     Included: Welcome drink and breakfast 

·     Open to all: anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian    

·     Fundraising target: £100 per person for 100 years of The Valley

·     Timings:           

·     8:00pm-10:00pm Registration

·     7:00am Breakfast

·     7:30am: Sleepers depart

·     Suggested packing list: sleeping bag, plenty of warm clothes, torch, hat & gloves

·     All donations will be split equally between Charlton Athletic's nominated charities, CACT and Children with Cancer UK.

Don't forget to click 'add' on the booking site to get the group discount.

BOOK HERE

Comments

• Options
    Pitch sleepovers are pretty common at clubs nowadays, think they are good ideas.

No idea though why this would be organised for a still potentially  cold period and not a few months later 
  • Options
    also why not do it when the season has finished ?
  • Options
    If they want people to sleep at The Valley, they should bring back Russell Slade
    Be patient, I’m sure they’re working on it.
  • Options
    Just behave yourselves... Dont want an incident like the last two who found themselves alone in the centre circle!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    E_cafc said:
    They should do it during a game.  
    Theres plenty of sleeping on the pitch during games. Look at the goals weve conceded. 
  • Options
    Saw the thread title and thought how nice it was that @Baldybonce had moved on from his awkward predicament into a friendship phase with ‘the kid next to me’. Was expecting to hear a tale of eating too many sweets, the telling of ghost stories whilst holding a torch under their chins and tents made out of sheets draped over Southall’s desk and a couple of office chairs. Still, this charitable event seems worthy.
  • Options
    “your chance to lay your head next to (the) pitch .....”

So not on the pitch then? If not, Where? On the AstroTurf? In the dugout? In the car park?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    “your chance to lay your head next to (the) pitch .....”

So not on the pitch then? If not, Where? On the AstroTurf? In the dugout? In the car park?

• Options
    Pitch sleepovers are pretty common at clubs nowadays, think they are good ideas.

No idea though why this would be organised for a still potentially  cold period and not a few months later 
    They'll be using the heat of the bodies huddled up on the pitch to thaw out Roland's subsoil heating.
  • Options
    Bagsy the centre circle.
    Might get lucky...😉
  • Options
    Last time I think it was in May?

There was a storm in the middle of the night and we had to sleep in the concourse of the West Stand.

Be cold in March.
  • Options

Man up ffs  o:)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Saw the thread title and thought how nice it was that @Baldybonce had moved on from his awkward predicament into a friendship phase with ‘the kid next to me’. Was expecting to hear a tale of eating too many sweets, the telling of ghost stories whilst holding a torch under their chins and tents made out of sheets draped over Southall’s desk and a couple of office chairs. Still, this charitable event seems worthy.
    All sorted now thanks @AddickUpNorth

but what i feared would happen happened on saturday. Someone nicked his seat. So i un-nicked it for him.
  • Options
    so this is what The Chairman meant by his marquee signing .. but then changed his mind ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supposing it rains ?
  • Options
    Then they'll get wet.
  • Options

Stoke City's sleepover is normally early January.
    Those Stokies are a tough breed!
  • Options
    Sleepovers started as a way to raise money for people who are left to sleep rough in all weathers, so it potentially being cold and wet is all part of showing empathy / solidarity. 
  • Options
    Felt like falling asleep at the Valley to many times to remember in the 55 years I’ve been going. But, think I will pass on this one... ! Can you imagine the snoring that this could generate. 
  • Options
    Signed up for this with son, I now have to break the news to him! 
  • Options
    Signed up. Bring a football and some beers and kids 
  • Options
    F*** that!