Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

After the Transfer Window - Free Agents?

There are a few out of contract players shown on Transfermarkt who have been playing until December or last month

Might any of them be of interest?  There will obviously have to be a big rebuild at the club this summer, and somebody good now would reduce the number of new bodies required by one.  If he helped us finish higher up the table, that could make us more attractive to our summer targets.

For me, it would have to be someone who would improve the team, not just the squad, for at least the next 1 1/2 years, and preferably 2 1/2.

Comments

• Options
    Ross McCormack would add a different type of options upfront
  • Options
    Fredy Guarin was brilliant for us for me on Football Manager 2008.

Not sure that means much.
  • Options
    Sung-yong Ki, Tom Carroll and Sebastian Prodl were all released at the end of the window

Prodl has gone to Udinese while the other 2 are midfielders which we don't need
  • Options
    BWP on the list... 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Prodil?

Scrap that just seen he’s gone Rojo’s a shout, we never have enough ball boys at the valley.
  • Options
    Is Pogba a definite no go? Could be a decent signing on a short term deal. 
  • Options
    Fredy Guarin was brilliant for us for me on Football Manager 2008.

Alright Thomas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ward looked alright on trial a couple summers ago, but he was last playing in League Two.

Thorpe looked decent in League One, United academy and England youth international. Think he plays in midfield too. But according to Wikipedia his last club was ATK in 2017-18 so...yeah.

• Options
    Armand Traore left back? 

I would have said James Collins ,  Liam Ridgewell or Elliott Ward a few years ago. 
  • Options
    James Collins could be worth a look. Possibly was at West Ham while Bowyer was there, also the Welsh Connection and very experienced. 

Ipswich looked a little better with him playing for them last year.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    There are 3 or 4 players on there that would be worth a look at (plus loads I know sod all about).  Carroll and Ki are 2 I would be really intrested in, not that we need them now, they are better than any "of their type" we have signed up for next season.

As much as I would love BWP to come back and score the goals that kept us and sign off on a high, it won't and shouldn't happen. 
  • Options
    BWP has got better with age, turned into MLS' answer to Ruud Van Nistelrooy, I'd take him on a 6 month deal
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    BWP has got better with age, turned into MLS' answer to Ruud Van Nistelrooy, I'd take him on a 6 month deal
    Would be good to bring on with 15 mins to go. A bit of pace & finishing nous never hurt anyone.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    But he was given the chance in The Championship and failed

1 goal in 19 games is not what we need right now lol.

If you are gonna bring a striker in you need someone proven with goals at this level IMO not someone who has already failed at this level
  • Options
    Obviously I imagine we will go for Armand Gnanduillet.

Kieran Sadler from Donny would be a good one, 8 goals and 4 assists for them in the league, only 25.

Scott Fraser 100%, bloke has 5 goals and 11 assists for Burton, imagine clubs will be lining up for him in this league. 

Josh Laurent? Had a good game Vs Liverpool at Shrewsbury, box to box

Luke O'Nien, decent player, 3 goals and 3 assists from right back.

Dom Hyam, got a goal in him, Coventry's player of the season last season. Coventry 10 clean sheets so far this season.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Would be good to bring on with 15 mins to go. A bit of pace & finishing nous never hurt anyone.
    He wasn't good enough in the championship 7 years ago.