Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Croydon

We have now have a suspicious bomb in car abandoned near East Croydon station. I am withing 10 mins walk away. 

Comments

• The station was closed for two hours after officers called to reports of a suspicious vehicle at 8.46am. The Metropolitan Police cordoned off roads in the surrounding area and sent a bomb disposal robot to to examine a car, which was found to pose no threat.

A spokesperson said: “The vehicle was not suspicious, although is believed stolen. The road will remain closed for a short time while the vehicle is recovered. Local people and motorists are thanked for their patience.”

• iaitch said:
    Maybe a bomb will improve Croydon?

I was thinking more SE25 area.
  • Mmm where could that possibly be???/

• I used to work just opposite the station. The NLA Tower.........the hexagonal one - aka The Fifty-pence piece tower.

Happy days.
  • This happened right outside my work building, had to evacuate, must be more to it than just a stolen car to shut down the stations
  • I work at 69 Park Lane
  • I used to work just opposite the station. The NLA Tower.........the hexagonal one - aka The Fifty-pence piece tower.

Happy days.
    I worked there too 2000 to 2006! I'll show my age bu calling it the thrupenny bit Tower, now it's not even NLA but Croydon no 1.
  • edited February 2020
    Kap10 said:
    I used to work just opposite the station. The NLA Tower.........the hexagonal one - aka The Fifty-pence piece tower.

Happy days.
    I worked there too 2000 to 2006! I'll show my age bu calling it the thrupenny bit Tower, now it's not even NLA but Croydon no 1.
    I was there years earlier........1986 to 1988. Handy for when we were at Selhurst as I often worked overtime on a Saturday for a few hours until lunchtime & went there straight from work. 
  • Sponsored links:

Happy days.
    North London Addick has a tower named after him in Croydon? 
  • I worked in Bedford Park in the late 80s.