Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland away. Anyone remember ...

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
... when a fella got called out of the away end to represent Charlton in a penalty shoot out competition down at the Roker End of the ground? Probably early nineties era. I'm sure he won it too.

Am I making this up or does anyone else remember it? Was it you even?

Comments

• Options
    Don't remember that but i do remember "The man in the yellow jacket" Roker away......ring any bells? We all just was on his case all game.
  • Options
    was it the year we won 2-0 up there?
  • Options
    Vague memories - if it was the 2-0 win. Great game that - took some friends with us to it from Edinburgh - an architect and graphic designer - their first (and I believe last!) ever football match. Ball was out of play over the goal line for one of our goals before Robert Lee (?) crossed it, if I remember rightly. We also got in on freebies - some guys from the supporters club had spare players tickets (I think they were Steve Gritt's actually) and gave them to us at the turnstile - now, was that you? If so, thank you very much!
  • Options
    That would be Dave Brooks from Maidstone, he was giving it large to the Roker end as he was rather large at the time - He won a crate of beer if I remember correctly and the Old Bill confiscated it from him as we were all on a mini bus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]That would be Dave Brooks from Maidstone, he was giving it large to the Roker end as he was rather large at the time - He won a crate of beer if I remember correctly and the Old Bill confiscated it from him as we were all on a mini bus.

Cheers BDL. I don't even know why I was thinking about it. Is he the same fella that always seemed to be wearing the blue St Andrews play off shirt around the place?