Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

hypothetical wedding question

If you were going to a wedding in Scotland or somewhere not local would you prefer it to be on the Sunday or the Friday - Saturday's are very tough to book... hypothetical of course so don't be expecting an invite.

;)

Comments

• Options
    Razil, make it a Friday, it costs half as much as a Saturday and if people don't wanna take a day off for your wedding then you don't wanna pay for their food & drink..

we did a Friday and it was great.
  • Options
    Complicated, but we did a Thursday and a Friday.... Same logic as Sarge, your true friends will take the day off....
  • Options
    just make sure we're not playing the friday night...
  • Options
    yeah, friday's are a good call. if people have to travel to go to scotland for a wedding, to take a day off and make a weekend of it, with the wedding being on a friday is much more preferable than taking off a monday to travel back after a heavy night out.
  • Options
    with suzie. Do a friday. im doing a sunday one this month in the cotswolds and not looking forward to the monday, last year i did a bank holiday monday and its horrible travelling back hungover. everyone will take the friday off that you want there and make a long weekend of it, so nice to wake up and realise you've still got two more days till work.
  • Options
    I'm in agreement too !!
    we had a Friday Wedding and a bank holiday sunday reception best of both worlds
  • Options
    christ, was it a catholic wedding glass... i know those services go on for a while but thats taking the pee.
  • Options
    Thanks peeps, any more views welcome..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]christ, was it a catholic wedding glass... i know those services go on for a while but thats taking the pee.[/quote]

Lol !!!!
    Nah, registry do on the friday (very short) then a mad Sunday party !!! (very long)
  • Options
    No very little about about arranging weddings etc, know plenty about drinking at them though as a guest & Friday is infinately a more superior day than a Sunday as a guest in my opinion. Friday is the new....er Friday :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a Sunday wedding (although it was a Bank Holiday weekend). I guess the answer is how far people have got to travel and how far in advance they know in order to take time off work...

As others say...the people that want to be there will bust a gut to get there but if people have got to take 2 days off work; one for travelling & one for the wedding and can travel home on the Saturday you might get a bit better turnout if you ask people to just take the one day off work to travel home... then again you might not at all, you know your guests better than i do!

The last few weddings i've been to the actual time i've given up to wedding stuff - wedding, travelling, 2 stag dos, golf day etc... is about 7 days! So asking people to take an extra day isn't too harsh!
  • Options
    I got married on a Friday and I don't think anyone said they couldn't come because of work, they all took the day off and it was late May so the bank holiday weekend was 4 days for everyone.