Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paris (do not read mcs)

has anyone watched the tv programme on tuesdays on bbc2 at 9pm about paris?

it was on again last night and i think its the final part next tuesday

its been great. i've been to paris a few times and seen what i thought were the sights to see, but watching this programme has made me want to go back and explore it even more

there is a book that accompany's the series, and its that good a programme, i'm tempted to get it, has anyone ever got one of those books to go with a programme and are they worth it??

Comments

• Options
    Why would anyone want to read MCS?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    i got the planet earth book! i love it. BBC are generally good with their books, my sister has got a few of them based around wildlife and the like.

(i also wish to go back to Paris as all i done was The Tower)
  • Options
    WSS joke of the day alert:
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite](i also wish to go back to Paris as all i done was The Tower)

Too busy with the ladies to bother sightseeing?
  • Options
    Not seen it but have a few BBC books linked to history programmes and a talk Italian book/cd. Good quality stuff.

But forget Paris, Rome is on tonight. Another hour of murder and mayhem with Paulo/Pullo and Versuvius/Verinus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not seen it but have a few BBC books linked to history programmes and a talk Italian book/cd. Good quality stuff.

But forget Paris, Rome is on tonight. Another hour of murder and mayhem with Paulo/Pullo and Versuvius/Verinus.

cool, are they expensive? it didn't say on the after notes. it has been really good. i also want to learn fluent french now!

how good was rome on sunday!!!! i reckon i'm just about back up to speed with what was going on, hopefully will get home for 9 after bridesmaid dress fitting! i think we guessed wrong about that brutus, he wasn't the one that washed his sins it was the guy off corrie's brother/brother in law that baptised/cleansed himself not brutus. brutus didn't have a beard and long hair. oh, and i'm glad the corrie one stood up to that lady thats got fat and let syphilis or whatever her name is go! bet she regrets picking on her now!

still not too keen on the choice words and actions that they're using, all the swearing seems to be for the sake of it, and pullo called someone "luv" the other day, i'm sure thats not right!
  • Options
    No more than most books. Ask D. for a staff discount. My Italian book with CDs was £14.99.

Still think it was Brutus the General who's out in Turkey that washed his sins away. The Jewish horse trader who killed the boy and came home with the blood on his clothes. Is that the Corrie one. yeah good for him for standing up to the one who's going to fat!!

Can't remember who marries Octavia. Mark Anthony, Agrippa or both of them.

I like all the casual language like "luv" and prefer that to pretend Shakespearen language. I think that's how the proles would have talked.
  • Options
    Pants thought his would be a thread with pics of Mrs Hilton in the clink...so dis-appointed :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No more than most books. Ask D. for a staff discount. My Italian book with CDs was £14.99.

Still think it was Brutus the General who's out in Turkey that washed his sins away. The Jewish horse trader who killed the boy and came home with the blood on his clothes. Is that the Corrie one. yeah good for him for standing up to the one who's going to fat!!

Can't remember who marries Octavia. Mark Anthony, Agrippa or both of them.

I like all the casual language like "luv" and prefer that to pretend Shakespearen language. I think that's how the proles would have talked.

surely octavian can't marry the fat ones fella? surely she must marry agrippa.
    it would have made sense for him to wash his sins away but they guy that is teaching hebrew to those kids, is the one surely?!?!? brutus still has short hair and no beard, and the guy that washed his sins did......

yes, the one that killed the boy in the alley and dumped him in a drain is the one from corrie. he is from manchester and has been on soccer am a few times i think
  • Options
    Guess you need to have seen the programme to understand what the hell is going in this thread. :-))
  • Options
    well either that, or be good at roman history

it is based on fact, so if you know your history......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Marc Anthony Married Octavia (who changed her name to Julia after Julies Ceaser) to bring the two families together but can't remember when Agrippa got his leg over, so to speak. And there was a naval battle as well. Roman history not my thing.

I'll have to watch a repeat to check on the sins cleansing.

I'm guessing the Jewish guy who's teaching his nephew's hebrew turns out to belong to that new cult that's taking off in the Holy Land where they worship this guy who got killed on a cross. It will never catch on.
  • Options
    i'm going to read the bible.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Er with regard to the Jewish guy that might be difficult as I think its supposed to be B.C. at this moment in time.

beware the below link is a bit of a spoiler

http://www.ancient-times.com/newsletters/n11/n11.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Er with regard to the Jewish guy that might be difficult as I think its supposed to be B.C. at this moment in time.

beware the below link is a bit of a spoiler

http://www.ancient-times.com/newsletters/n11/n11.html

Told you my roman history was a bit dodgy. Maybe he's John the Baptist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Maybe he's John the Baptist.
    Doesnt he work for Gordon Ramsey?