Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wanted : A Man That Can

Dear Charlton Life Collective

We have just ordered a new suite for the front room. Delivery is estimated at between 8 and 10 weeks.

We currently have a Natuzzi sofa and chair and we need to get rid although it is in very good condition. Hopefully it will go to a charity shop. Problem is, when we bought it, it wouldn’t go through the front door so we had to get a “man that can’ to take off the arms and re-assemble in the house. Have tried contacting him but sadly he’s passed away (RIP). 

So, what I need is a new ‘Man that Can’ to come round and dismantle the arms so that it can be disposed of.

Does anyone have any recommendations, please? 

Comments

• You can only give to a charity shop if it still has original fire certificate tags attached.
  • The lower west stand needs a new sofa after our last one got dismantled in May 2016 
  • I would give a charity shop a call to ask them if they'd disassemble it and take away. They must have had the problem plenty of times amd should be able to advise, especially if they'll be the beneficiary. The British Heart Foundation sell a lot of settees so may be a good one.

I took the arms and back off an old leather settee last year and it was surprisingly straight forward, once I'd ripped the fabric base off. However it was going to the dump so I didn't have to worry about putting it back together. It had 3 bolts on each arm needing a ratchet or spanner and they came away quite easily.
  • edited February 2020
    Can’t you just move house and have the new one delivered there? Can leave the old one for the new owners then as a moving in present. 
    Lateral thinking always comes up trumps with the easiest solution. 🙂
  • Try Emmaus if you’re in the Woolwich/Plumstead area.
  • what about removing the front door for delivery/removal ?
  • _MrDick said:

We have just ordered a new suite for the front room. Delivery is estimated at between 8 and 10 weeks.

We currently have a Natuzzi sofa and chair and we need to get rid although it is in very good condition. Hopefully it will go to a charity shop. Problem is, when we bought it, it wouldn’t go through the front door so we had to get a “man that can’ to take off the arms and re-assemble in the house. Have tried contacting him but sadly he’s passed away (RIP). 

So, what I need is a new ‘Man that Can’ to come round and dismantle the arms so that it can be disposed of.

Whereabouts?
  • _MrDick said:

Whereabouts?
    Bexley
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

A colleague moved from Swanscombe way to Woolwich recently and had someone do this for her - I can ask her for the details if you'd like
  • _MrDick said:

A colleague moved from Swanscombe way to Woolwich recently and had someone do this for her - I can ask her for the details if you'd like
    Yes please
  • MrOneLung said:
    You can only give to a charity shop if it still has original fire certificate tags attached.
    Agreed. We tried to give our old three piece suite to the British Heart Foundation but they would not take it because I had cut the fire certificate tags off.