Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - PODCAST RELEASED - Look back at Luton with Lee Bowyer

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us live at 7pm or via the podcast afterwards as we look back at the 3-1 win over Luton Town. We'll hear the highlights of the game and also our exclusive interview with Addicks boss Lee Bowyer after the game. We also hear from goal scorer and expectant father George Lapslie. We'll analyse the game ourselves, read out the views sent in by listeners and also look ahead to Sheffield Wednesday in midweek.

Contact the studio - 
Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread 

Comments

• Options
    Excellent display after a shaky first half. Lyle was definitely the difference and I'm sure I wasn't the only one to question Bows decision to bring on Lapslie. It was a masterstroke and so pleased for George. Shame results didn't go our way elsewhere but it's all in our hands. 6 points clear including our goal difference going almost into March? I'd take that. Oh, and Dills needs dropping!...........LOL!
  • Options
    A fantastic and necessary win. Could've been so much better had other results gone or way. The one time we wanted Millwall to get a result, and they go and nause it up. Great goal by Lyle, soo important to this side.
  • Options
    Can you ask LB how he felt going into the last two summer transfer windows, and what his thoughts are going into the next one.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Great second half performance, Lyle was immense and completely unplayable!! Cullen and Davis didn't work in the diamond 1st half and first 20mins Alfie kept selling himself which allowed Luton to exploit the spaces created. Think Bows got the subs right and am really looking forward to seeing Bonne and Taylor together as a partnership!! 

Saw in the media that Joelinton at Newcastle cost £43 million, and Steve Bruce has said that he is not a natural goalscorer. Lyle put in a total Centre Forward performance and I can easily see interest in him from Prem clubs. He said on the ***Counter Attack podcast that playing/scoring in the Premiership is the last thing to do on his career bucketlist. Unfortunately, I think we only have until the end of the season to enjoy his skills and what he brings to the club. But I don't think any of us can begrudge him an opportunity like that! 

*** https://youtu.be/yQLqLnaE6IE for the Lyle Taylor interview 

• Options
    Just up in Edinburgh @ the moment, forget the result yesterday, those pens by Nathan will live long in the memory!
  • Options
    Is this working? I have errors on both links?
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Great second half performance, Lyle was immense and completely unplayable!! Cullen and Davis didn't work in the diamond 1st half and first 20mins Alfie kept selling himself which allowed Luton to exploit the spaces created. Think Bows got the subs right and am really looking forward to seeing Bonne and Taylor together as a partnership!! 

Saw in the media that Joelinton at Newcastle cost £43 million, and Steve Bruce has said that he is not a natural goalscorer. Lyle put in a total Centre Forward performance and I am easily see interest in him from Prem clubs. He said on The Strikers podcast that playing/scoring in the Premiership is the last thing to do on his career bucketlist. Unfortunately, I think we only have until the end of the season to enjoy his skills and what he brings to the club. But I don't think any of us can begrudge him an opportunity like that! 

Need to offer him a great new contract and tell him he can leave next summer if we dont go up. At worst we get another season from him, at best hes out captain in the premier league for the 21-22 season. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Is working fine for us - maybe worth trying a different browser?
  • Options
    I’m sure I saw Ledley King at the Valley yesterday, do you think he was on a scouting mission, or mates / relative with one of the players?
  • Options
    Oztumer made a big difference yesterday, and although we didn’t play so well in the first half I always felt we were going to score, which I didn’t feel against Blackburn. Ozzy adds the creativity we’ve been missing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Is working fine for us - maybe worth trying a different browser?
    Cheers guys. Now I know it's a problem at your end. Must to be to do with my crappy sky connection as I have tried 2 different computers and tried both links and one error is An error has occurred, please try again."

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I am using google so should work. on Sky connection. Will try phone instead

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I am using google so should work. on Sky connection. Will try phone instead

Its very odd. I can get it on my phone but some in the studio can't. I'll ask @g@Glovepup to investigate 

• Options
    Great 3 points yesterday & Lyle was a class above everyone else on the pitch & was at his entertaining best. Any idea when next years season ticket prices will be announced? Thanks Barry
  • Options
    I hate to disagree with Louis Mendez’s tweet and it doesn’t much matter now, but I reckon the disallowed Luton goal was correctly ruled out. Look at Collins’ left foot - clearly ahead of Lockyer in the picture I’ve attached. 
  • Options
    995632 said:

Saw in the media that Joelinton at Newcastle cost £43 million, and Steve Bruce has said that he is not a natural goalscorer. Lyle put in a total Centre Forward performance and I can easily see interest in him from Prem clubs. He said on the ***Counter Attack podcast that playing/scoring in the Premiership is the last thing to do on his career bucketlist. Unfortunately, I think we only have until the end of the season to enjoy his skills and what he brings to the club. But I don't think any of us can begrudge him an opportunity like that! 

Thank you for sharing this. I hadn’t seen it before and is really interesting. It’s fair to say we are extremely lucky to have Lyle at our club. What a fantastic man he is, a credit to himself, his family and a real role model to any young pro out there.

Even if others come back into the side, keep him as captain, you can see what it means to him. He’d look around and see people like Solly, Pearce, or Pratley playing and he is still leading the team out. He’d clearly love it and appreciate the responsibility from Bowyer.

Said before and say it again, he deserves to play in the Premier League, I just hope it’s with us and we show real ambition for that to happen.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Will listen to this tomorrow Louis, thanks as always for your work, greatly appreciated by us all.
  • Options
    Cheers Sage, it’s our pleasure 
  • Options
    Looking forward to listening on my commute tomorrow Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate to disagree with Louis Mendez’s tweet and it doesn’t much matter now, but I reckon the disallowed Luton goal was correctly ruled out. Look at Collins’ left foot - clearly ahead of Lockyer in the picture I’ve attached. 
    Even so Lockyer and Matthews are doing themselves any favours 
  • Options
    Even more worrying than that we’re deemed trainspotters, you lot are admitting to liking The Lighthouse Family... on air!
  • Options
    Why do you think that bud?

I can't remember the break very well, which I think may have come after Deji lost the ball in a dangerous position. However it happened, these attacking positions are notoriously hard to defend against, just look at Lapslie's goal for us as an example. 

Maybe Matthews thinks Lockyer might have the ball across the box covered and has gambled on covering the cut back. Either way teams counterattack with such pace and skill these days, and in a position where the attacking team are essentially 4 on 3 you would expect them to score often then not. 

• Options
    995632 said:

What match/keeper is he talking about when the keeper gave it back to him after he scored the penalty. I seem to vaguely remember it earlier this season but cant remember who?
  • Options
    Reading away
  • Options
    The real issue for me is where are the midfield and the left-sided defenders?  It’s all well and good picking out Matthews and Lockyer but they are hopelessly outnumbered.  As usual our defensive problems are predominantly on the left side.  Where are Sarr and Doughty?  And where are our midfielders tracking their midfielders? 

Lockyer clearly has to leave his man as the winger is in behind and Matthews is therefore outnumbered 3 to 1. 

How you can say Matthews and Lockyer aren’t doing themselves any favours?   They are the ones doing their jobs having been abandoned by all around them.

Watch it back again and see just how little effort Sarr makes to recover after they get behind him. It’s pretty shameful. He may be excellent technically, but you will never persuade me that he can be a top defender. Just watch it.