Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Belgium: This week in history

22nd of February 2016: First contact is made with Louis Mendez at Charlton Live. And a member of the Belgian press has been told about the activity that is about to happen in Belgium (St. Truiden).

26th of February 2016: Louis Mendez at Charlton Live is given an update on an upcoming trip to a football match by a group of Charlton supporters. All bags are packed and the group will be leaving for their destination very early the following morning.

27th of February 2016: The group of Charlton supporters arrive at their destination of St.-Truiden. While back at The Valley Charlton Athletic are preparing to take on Reading FC. The group has met up at a pub in the centre of town. Tickets for the evening match STVV - Zulte Waregem have already been purchased. The group is now detailing the finer points for the event that evening.  

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    What about the two hundred? I was there.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Addickted said:
    Thanks C, I've never seen that first photo.

As soon as the banner came out we were handing out leaflets in English and Flemish throughout the stand and in the bar area behind. Hopalong was no help whatsoever!

When Duchatalet's heavies came round the crutches came to the fore. I do remember telling them that they couldn't have all the leaflets ("What part of the words fuck off do you struggle to understand?"). They did ask me who did the translation so I thought it best to grass up Katrien. Not sure they believed me.

EDIT; just noticed the young Belgian lady admiring the British beefcake in front of her.
    I think she is checking that she still has her purse!

I’ve also been told that someone gave their real name to the police!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Mametz said:
    Addickted said:
    Thanks C, I've never seen that first photo.

As soon as the banner came out we were handing out leaflets in English and Flemish throughout the stand and in the bar area behind. Hopalong was no help whatsoever!

When Duchatalet's heavies came round the crutches came to the fore. I do remember telling them that they couldn't have all the leaflets ("What part of the words fuck off do you struggle to understand?"). They did ask me who did the translation so I thought it best to grass up Katrien. Not sure they believed me.

EDIT; just noticed the young Belgian lady admiring the British beefcake in front of her.
    I think she is checking that she still has her purse!

I’ve also been told that someone gave their real name to the police!
    Was that The Rev Everard Hiscox-Long.
  • Options
    As a person, i liked Roland.Very approachable guy.
    Even bought us a couple of bottles of Champagne once.
    Maybe he is......but there’s always a price to pay👎
  • Options

The day after this photo was taken, Russell Slade was sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously Roland didn't do 'patience' 🤣.
  • Options
    What about the two hundred? I was there.
    Well seeing you mention it,quite aweek for pissing off Roland......

1st March 2016 and Roland is not happy with The Belgium 20 after the weekend that has just passed.

4th March 2017 The Unity Protest March ,which saw over 200 fans marching in protest against Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet in his home town of Sint Truiden.

This march had been coming for months and was so pleasing to see, went off without any trouble and was a credit to all fans who had helped and took part in this Unity march against Roland Duchatelet.
  • Options