Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what's the news on Due Diligence?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    Has the training ground scheme got outline or detailed planning consent? I guess if they are serious about building in the summer they should have progressed to / be progressing to detailed planning consent by now and gearing up for tender - I would imagine this would be in the ‘5 year plan’ regardless of what division we are in next year - anybody know if any progress on this ?

Yes, because it’s the 2015 scheme, not a new one. It was just something useful to wave at fans IMO.

The £15m spend was put out to cover the mistake around the land ownership, just as Bowyer’s five-year contract offer was a diversion from Bowyer’s public response to MS’s statement about leaving it until after the window.
  • Options
    When's the next Fans Forum? We need to press this with ESI because until they acquire the assets the future of the Club is at risk and ESI continue to appear potless. If they are still stalling for time, the game's up.
  • Options
    Perhaps we need to start chanting "we're fucking skint, we're fucking skint, we're fucking skint!"
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    cafc-west said:
    I can't help but feel that all of this is Matt Southall's 'dream' of being the owner & chairman of a football club.  He has 'sold' the idea to business partner, friend and confidant (Nimer) on the basis that he could, with a 5 year plan, turn a decent profit (bit like the spivs did with Kevin Cash).  If it all starts to 'come apart at the seams' then we could be in trouble again.  People keep saying that "Nimer is loaded" ... well (a) we don't know that for sure and (b) even if he is loaded then it doesn't mean he will spend any of it on the club.  The entity that 'owns' us is called East Street Investments (and you don't invest to throw away your own money).  I agree with all those saying lets give ESI more time and see what happens in June/July but I do think there is a lot of risk in there.
    Yeah. This is a Venture Capitalist Venture. This is what they do, although usually with a lot more laying off of staff.

But if you want similar arrangements, look at something like WeWork. Charismatic frontman who convinces wealthy Middle Eastern monied interest that they have a plan. Or just charms them (in the case of WeWork). 

Southall seems like a nice and bright enough dude. But apart from being a part of an investment firm, there isn't really anything in his background to suggest he can run a football club. 

It may sound like I'm negative on ESI or Southall. I'm not really, I'm pretty neutral on them. I figured this would be the type of takeover we'd get. Because the problem is, at the end of the day, it's almost impossible to make money in football below the Premier League. And thus, people who buy lower league clubs almost certainly have alternative motives, so much money that they literally can't spend it all, or both. 

One thing I'd like fans to ask Southall as and when they get the chance is, "Why did ESI buy Charlton?" Not what are the plans, not the spirit of the club, but what is in it for ESI? 
    I think they've already said the plan is to get us to the Premier League in perhaps 5 years and then possibly sell at a profit.
    I'm happy with that plan if it has a genuine chance of being realistic.
  • Options
    When's the next Fans Forum? We need to press this with ESI because until they acquire the assets the future of the Club is at risk and ESI continue to appear potless. If they are still stalling for time, the game's up.
    Whilst trying hard to remain positive, I have to admit that there is a certain smidgen of concern in the recesses of my mind.

Although I don't tweet, MS's regular comments, once seemingly received on a daily basis, appear to have stalled.

If, as appeared to be the case, he does read posts on CL, then I'd hope that he's ready, willing & able to respond sooner rather than later to  the concerns many have at this moment in time. 

Finally, a minor, more personal issue I think it's time to share on here.

After the last home match versus Luton, I handed an envelope into Main Reception containing several photos of the different stages of the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden revamp, together with a piece describing the background to its establishment  and how everything was dug up in readiness for the work at SL.

I marked the envelope as " Private & Confidential" and for the attention of Matt Southall. 

All I hoped was to receive a brief email acknowledging this whilst confirming that the Garden would definitely be included in the final plans at the Training Ground. 

To date, nothing has been received.

Whilst I fully acknowledge that our Chairman has far more pressing issues to address, I admit to being a little disappointed in the lack of an acknowledgement - one line would have sufficed. 

Anyway, I wanted Lifers to know that I have endeavoured to bring this issue to Matt's attention as I recognise it is close to the hearts of our members and will update on here should I hear anything in the future.
    Do you know he received the envelope ?
  • Options
    Whilst trying hard to remain positive, I have to admit that there is a certain smidgen of concern in the recesses of my mind.

Although I don't tweet, MS's regular comments, once seemingly received on a daily basis, appear to have stalled.

If, as appeared to be the case, he does read posts on CL, then I'd hope that he's ready, willing & able to respond sooner rather than later to  the concerns many have at this moment in time. 

After the last home match versus Luton, I handed an envelope into Main Reception containing several photos of the different stages of the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden revamp, together with a piece describing the background to its establishment  and how everything was dug up in readiness for the work at SL.

I marked the envelope as " Private & Confidential" and for the attention of Matt Southall. 

All I hoped was to receive a brief email acknowledging this whilst confirming that the Garden would definitely be included in the final plans at the Training Ground. 

Whilst I fully acknowledge that our Chairman has far more pressing issues to address, I admit to being a little disappointed in the lack of an acknowledgement - one line would have sufficed. 

Anyway, I wanted Lifers to know that I have endeavoured to bring this issue to Matt's attention as I recognise it is close to the hearts of our members and will update on here should I hear anything in the future.
    I'd like to think so but will pop in to check tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he didn’t , I’d like to know why 
  • Options
    Frowny face.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    There does seem to be an element of history repeating itself even if the motives of the cast members are different.

Duchatelet = Gliksten

Southall = Hulyer

ESI = Fryer and Sunleys

Hope I'm wrong but, as I said at the time, Roland's cryptic comment 'enjoy the moment' when the 'takeover' was announced concerned me at the time.

My concern as well with Roland cryptic comment......He is laughing at us at this very moment, and for the club that i love. Roland has taken a backseat at this moment in time,and  ESI have no idea how to drive this vehicle forward.

Only time will tell but then it could be to late to save the club as we know it.
  • Options
    Tahnoon Nimer is doing due diligence as we speak. On Dynamo. Err is he taking the piss?
  • Options
    Tahnoon Nimer is doing due diligence as we speak. On Dynamo. Err is he taking the piss?
    As Grapevine has been at pains to stress, Nimer is doing this for his employers, ABDB. So he is being paid and the ABDB will own the consequences. He hasn't yet had this completed at Charlton as far as we know, because he alone is responsible for the costs and it may well be that he won't have it done because he has no intention (for whatever reason) of acquiring The Valley and Sparrows Lane. Personally speaking, I can't believe Nimer owning Charlton and ABDB owning Dinamo Bucharest could be entirely coincidental.

Anyway, where's the update on our Due Diligence?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm pretty sure (guessing) they will walk if we go down. 
    Hate to say it... 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I'm pretty sure (guessing) they will walk if we go down. 
    Hate to say it... 
     You think they'll last that long?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    What due diligence is there to do on buying the the freehold of land?

Surely the hard part is on the liabilities of the club and that was done by the time he gave those press conferences/interviews.

Also how can you do due diligence but also have an agreement in place to buy training ground and valley? It doesn't make any sense. You would do due diligence before that stage. It's nonense.

House purchase analogy claxon - most people do some form of due diligence before they buy a house. 
    Yes, but not after moving in anyway.
    Right, but they haven’t actually moved in - RD (to my knowledge) still owns the property.

ESI have, again to my understanding, some sort of contractual commitment to purchase the stadium by early July, if they don’t then I guess the consequences are forfeiture + penalties/damages, which might be an attractive exit clause if they want to walk away if the team is in League One versus the Championship. 

Again, no idea or insider knowledge on what the situation might be.

Wonder how that due diligence is going...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020