Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew - I'm now out of the closet

Never been completely convinced (see earlier posts if you wish). Latest signings have done it for me. Weaver?? What is going on??? I'm downgrading my prediction from 4th to 14th. WE'RE DOOMED.

Comments

• Options
    I can see where you are coming from Weegie BUT look at it this way: If there are question marks over Weaver it gives Gandalf every chance of making the position his own which sends out a positive signal to the youngsters that there is more to life than Gravesend and Northfleet:-)
  • Options
    I'm not convinced by Gandalf either...sorry, Len!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'm not convinced by Gandalf either...sorry, Len!

I've watched him warm up loads of times and he seems capable to me. Not in the Carson league (who is?) but I'd say he is as good as Andersen was and maybe even Myhre.
  • Options
    Hope so...saw him have a mare at Hibs up here - but only a friendly, so perhaps I need to give him benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Weegie, you're not convinced by anyone.

Don't forget I know what I'm talking about !!
  • Options
    Yes I am Large - from Bobby Curtis to Darren Bent (with a bit of a soft spot for Dennis on the side, just to be controversial...)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Never been completely convinced (see earlier posts if you wish). Latest signings have done it for me. Weaver?? What is going on??? I'm downgrading my prediction from 4th to 14th. WE'RE DOOMED.

Pathetic. Say it in 6 months when we're mid table. Not now.

Fickle not us
  • Options
    We needed to sign an experienced GK with not much money and not many available. Weaver fits the bill perfectly. Bags of experience and signed on a free. The fans rarely get it far wrong. City fans still rate him and think we have got a right bargain. FFS lets give the bloke a fair crack before we slaughter him. He`s an Addick now !
  • Options
    He played well for City last season, just because we was rubbish against us a few years ago doesn't make him a poor GK, also it must take some guts or desparation on his part to sign for a team where he knows that the supporters think he's rubbish. Then again perhaps it is Weaver who has com out of the closet as a lifelong Charlton fan!
    Come on give Pardew our backing and give Weaver a chance.
  • Options
    he's got some guts alright, apparently you can spot them and jimmy floyds arse from the moon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver's not a bad signing for this league and we have our young keeper too.