Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Greenwich tube

Any Lifers who use North Greenwich tube to get to work in the morning may be disappointed to hear that there will no longer be any empty trains departing from North Greenwich during peak hours, from 23rd March.

Instead the trains that used to terminate and then turn around from North Greenwich will run through to Stratford. This means an even better service for those lucky Stratford people while we will have to endure long queues and rammed trains.

Cheers TfL, great idea :angry:

Comments

• Options
    If anyone feels strongly about this and uses Twitter, please Tweet @tfl, @jubileeline and @mtpennycook so that they get a feel for the strength of feeling against this plan.
  • Options
    This is some bullshit
  • Options
    Yeah, fuck the Stratford commuters, why should they get seats? .....
  • Options
    They should get the damned Central Line into town, or the main line. So many choices. We ESE Londoners have ONE TUBE STATION 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Reading the TFL wonk's replies to this tweet thread is like staring into the soul of Franz Kafka himself

https://twitter.com/Billo20Four7/status/1235520912948109312
  • Options
    The respite of waiting an extra 5-10mins to grab a seat on this particular train after the soul-crushing 108 to North Greenwich was the only non-wank part of the commute. Boo.
  • Options
    The respite of waiting an extra 5-10mins to grab a seat on this particular train after the soul-crushing 108 to North Greenwich was the only non-wank part of the commute. Boo.
    I'd have thought getting a seat during a commute in London rush hour would have been worth a bit of onanism.
  • Options
    Why not get the DLR to Stratford?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The 132 and tube are my back up plan if I'm not cycling or the trains are broken. So this news is definitely frustrating. 

The amount of people who get on the Jubilee from Stratford is crazy. Recently I had to get the tube from Canning Town, second stop on from Stratford, and I had to wait for 3 trains to go past before I even managed to squeeze on! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 132 and tube are my back up plan if I'm not cycling or the trains are broken. So this news is definitely frustrating. 

The amount of people who get on the Jubilee from Stratford is crazy. Recently I had to get the tube from Canning Town, second stop on from Stratford, and I had to wait for 3 trains to go past before I even managed to squeeze on! 

Wasn’t one of the negative issues about building a new ‘Wembley’ down that way (back when the old one was closed down and they hadn’t made up their minds where to build the next one) was the fact that they could only move up to 60,000 people an hour maximum (30k each way) in and out of Canary Wharf ?; and since then they’ve built the high speed service, the Olympic park, Westfield’s etc. You might start to look back fondly on the days when you only had to let 3 trains go by before you could get on one 
  • Options
    So frustrating and will make NG impossible to use during rush hour.
  • Options
    For people working in CW, theres always the option of getting the Clipper from NGS. Much better and palatable now summer is around the corner.
    I think it can be used as part of Season Ticket.
  • Options
    For people working in CW, theres always the option of getting the Clipper from NGS. Much better and palatable now summer is around the corner.
    I think it can be used as part of Season Ticket.

Not strictly true. Travel card/season ticket holders can get 1/3 off of journeys.
  • Options
    When/if  Crossrail opens i would imagine passenger numbers will decline on this part of the line,maybe TFL should have waited until then.