Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How old do you think Lifers are?

Comments

• Other Lifers match and other Charlton recollections I think are a good steer - for example I think @davemehmet must be circa 50 judging by his knowledge of late 70’s and 80’s teams + his favourite kit is the Bukta one
    And of course ...... that's the time when I remember the real very ginger Dave Mehmet played for Charlton.

Fancy picking a Millwall legend as your username.

• @DaveMehmet has to be about 13/14.

Stone
    You wish.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm sure I've given my age away before, but there's a surprising number of posters that are younger than I thought. 

@Oggy Red Looks younger than his 78 years, mind you. 
    And even at 78 Dazzler, lol ....... I can still run faster than you.  :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm sure I've given my age away before, but there's a surprising number of posters that are younger than I thought. 

@Oggy Red Looks younger than his 78 years, mind you. 
    And even at 78 Dazzler, lol ....... I can still run faster than you.  :smile:
    Nathan in plimsoles is faster than Dazzler. 😉
  • Oggy Red said:
    Other Lifers match and other Charlton recollections I think are a good steer - for example I think @davemehmet must be circa 50 judging by his knowledge of late 70’s and 80’s teams + his favourite kit is the Bukta one
    And of course ...... that's the time when I remember the real very ginger Dave Mehmet played for Charlton.

And the real Dave Mehmet was crap
  • Oggy Red said:
    Other Lifers match and other Charlton recollections I think are a good steer - for example I think @davemehmet must be circa 50 judging by his knowledge of late 70’s and 80’s teams + his favourite kit is the Bukta one

When I chose it, I thought of the worst player I’d ever seen in a Charlton shirt and he was top of the list.
  • Sage said:
    stonemuse said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Lower

I’d have you a similar age to me, hence these two guesses.

Sometimes you act like you’re 45, other times like you’re 15!
    I'm 25 in 9 days (hint I want a happy birthday thread kids!) ;) 
    Now you’re taking the piss, next you’ll say you want a birthday cake as well! 
    I reckon he’s after a Range Rover 
    Very good. Disappointed I didn’t think of that.
    Would prefer some bitches
    Quoting this so I can screenshot it to your twitter handle later

Bet your missus wont be pleased - I'll be in touch with my demands ;)
  • My age has no number... I've been around Forever!!
  • Other Lifers match and other Charlton recollections I think are a good steer - for example I think @davemehmet must be circa 50 judging by his knowledge of late 70’s and 80’s teams + his favourite kit is the Bukta one
    Very close, 51.
    Going on 6
    As my Dad used to say ‘you are as young as you feel, and I haven’t felt anything young in ages’

BTW I still don’t get your Bukta kit love - I hated it !!!
    I loved it as a kid and was very jealous of my cousin when he was mascot for a game against Swansea in ‘79 and got the whole kit. My jealousy was tempered slightly by meeting John Toshack, the Swans manager, before the game and getting his autograph. He was part of the Liverpool team I admired as a kid and partnered my hero, Keegan.
  • Oggy Red said:

When I chose it, I thought of the worst player I’d ever seen in a Charlton shirt and he was top of the list.
    Mehmet was no world beater, was he ...... but seriously, the worst player you'd seen in a Charlton shirt? Gary Churchouse, Mike Small, Bally Smart or Smarty Ball (I can't remember his name), Dennis Bailey - there's been loads, I'd need to sit down and have a few beers with you; I bet we'd come up with dozens!

And that's without including young kids who get 5 minutes as a debut and are never heard of again.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
  • Huskaris claims to be 29 but with 50 years experience of business and politics. No history of his priveliged upbringing, or right-wing entitlement.

Linkedin?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Inches?
    cm?
  • Sage said:
    stonemuse said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Lower

How about we share the bitches and say nothing about it?!
  • Sage said:
    stonemuse said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Sage said:
    I'm 84

I would say maybe 32
    Lower
    Lower

How about we share the bitches and say nothing about it?!
    Bollocks... there goes my demands!!!
  • 63 this year, however I feel and look a lot younger (so people tell me)  ;)  
  • Given our shared knowledge of NBA Jam, I think I’m roughly the same age as @SDAddick
  • You can tell anyone who is overly optimistic about all Charlton shit is either too young and a bit wet behind the ears or mad (Oggy Red) 

On that basis I’m 150
    Love it, OoohAaaaargh ...... love it haha
  • edited March 2020
    When I read some of the threads I feel at 29 I’m probably in the younger category of most on here. 

It’s helped me educate myself a lot on here though, especially regarding the history of Charlton. https://youtu.be/rYETHsxAv8c
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
  • Spelling is a clue.
  • Are there any OBEs (over bloody eighty)?

ive got a couple of years to go.
  • edited March 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    For those who have no identifiers, I automatically assume 45-60 or thereabouts, and at 26 I feel absurdly young.

I think our club - along with others such as Brighton and Stoke - has a huge "message board" presence because of relative success at the advent of the Internet, and growing on forums like CL just before social media emerged. (Also, CL has become a really excellent forum given the provenance of posters, despite the general footballing conversation moving more to FB/Twitter.)

Couple this with the fact it's now 2020 and people who were internet-literate back in the day probably were around 30, I now just assume you're all basically ancient.
      No matter how old we might be, you can feck off with you’re “ancient”. Try “worldly-wise” or “full of experience”.
  • Fairly high chance of getting mine right...
    Easy. You are 1,990 years old
    Joined CL when they stuck JC up on the cross. 
  • limeygent said:
    Spelling is a clue.
    What about use of capital letters, limeygent?
  • If it hasn't already been said,  I think we must have all aged ten years in the last three days.

(I'm 26 by the way, if measured in Southall years )
    And mine

And mine

You both must have seen some things if your each 1965 and 1990 years old!!