Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020 London Marathon - Postponed

Has been postponed until 4th October 

I know it affects some people on here @ForeverAddickted I believe you got a place

Obviously Jacko was running again as well

Comments

• Devastated for whoever this effects.

Know how hard the sacrifices are to get there.
  • Disappointed as supposed to be easing back now in preparation

Done six months prep to get to my current fitness

To be honest I thought the Marathon would come a bit too soon for me to achieve a sub 3:30 this time

Got no excuse in October, going to have a week break and then back at it!!!
  • lucky bastards. I’ve done it twice. 5hrs 25 and then 4hrs 50. With an extra 6 months to train, i’d have broken the world record
  • On the bright side, training over the summer will be a treat.

I didn't get a place but am doing pretty well with the carb loading, regardless.
  • On the bright side, training over the summer will be a treat.

I didn't get a place but am doing pretty well with the carb loading, regardless.
    Hate training in the summer months

Really do struggle with the humidity and warm weather 
  • lucky bastards. I’ve done it twice. 5hrs 25 and then 4hrs 50. With an extra 6 months to train, i’d have broken the world record

Beat me to it, with all that extra training a world record has to be on target here.

• edited August 2020
    Been cancelled for the General runners this year... The event on the 4th October will be purely for the Elite runners

Those (like me) who hadnt already deffered their entries till next year will now be allowed to have a choice of deferring until 2021 | 2022 | 2023

People get to choose what year they want to run with a Ballot then being held to put said people in the relevant years

Its a shame that people have been allowed to protest the way they have been in London for one cause this year but people wanting to raise money for countless causes have been denied