Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will you renew your season ticket?

With all the uncertainty re ownership and what league we may or may not be in - what you going to do?
Personaly for me if I know Mouthall has gone then I would.Worrying times though

Comments

• Options
    not a chance until everything is proven to be kosher!
  • Options
    I hear the (a) season ticket mailing was cancelled this week. Not sure of the reason. Might be a supplier pulling the plug if they felt they might not get paid. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I hear the (a) season ticket mailing was cancelled this week. Not sure of the reason. Might be a supplier pulling the plug if they felt they might not get paid. 
    Probably not the best time to ask for money after the theft of 200k has been made public !  
  • Options
    We don't even know if this season is going to finish yet, or when next season will start.

However i can't imagine anyone apart from the real die hards like Seb rushing to renew until Southall is gone and Nimer provides source of funds.
  • Options
    Will there be a season to get a ticket for?

All joking aside, I wonder what the implications are for refunds for this season, should this season be null and void.  If you bought a ticket for a season of football, are you entitled to a refund of the full amount because the season of football hasn't been provided?  I'd probably want a refund for the games not played but I wouldn't push for a full refund.
  • Options
    All academic with what is going on with the 'C' word.

It would not surprise me if next season is suspended until this season is finished.

Aside from that, I'm still boycotting homes till Dushitelet f**** off.
  • Options
    I'm not sure anybody (all club's supporters) are going to renew at this time. 
  • Options

All joking aside, I wonder what the implications are for refunds for this season, should this season be null and void.  If you bought a ticket for a season of football, are you entitled to a refund of the full amount because the season of football hasn't been provided?  I'd probably want a refund for the games not played but I wouldn't push for a full refund.
    Even more claims for a refund if you bought a half season ticket for the 10 home games left when ESI took over. We've only played 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not while there is doubt about who runs the club, and if it will actually be in existence when the next season starts, when ever that is .
  • Options
    I always renew, even in seasons long ago when things really were shit and we had crowds of 3 to 5 thousand and at the end of a relegation season when it usually saw one of us saying were not coming back down here again next season we still changed our minds and bought a ST.

But those muppets couldn’t have picked a worse time. The league shut down and possible abandonment of the season will tip clubs over the top. It’s really is literally a ‘game’ changer scenario now. I’ll wait until I know there will still be a Charlton Athletic playing again.. of course, that approach will potentially make it more likely there won’t be. One of them has to pump some real hard cash into the club’s coffers ASAP to steady the ship and the other has to fuck off. Don’t care which which one does what bit.
  • Options
    I've got mixed emotions

I'll probably renew because its what I do on my Saturday afternoons

Feel in a way that Southall has got us hostage with the "Everyone can only be paid till December"

i.e. If we dont pay for tickets etc. then its partily us speeding up the death of the club
  • Options
    I've got mixed emotions

Feel in a way that Southall has got us hostage with the "Everyone can only be paid till December"

i.e. If we dont pay for tickets etc. then its partily us speeding up the death of the club
    Perhaps fortunately, our wage bill is low (in comparison to other clubs) and many of our players will only need to be paid until June 30th. 

As for the season-ticket question; I think I will probably renew because the club will need some income. If I end up losing the money because there's no club then I haven't lost a fortune. But IF the current regime put the prices up to daft levels, then I'm not buying one. The league we are in makes no difference to whether I buy or not....just how much I'm willing to pay. 

I'd like to think the EFL, would be in a position to give donations or interest free loans to clubs who need the cash-flow, but that's another question. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I've got mixed emotions

Perhaps fortunately, our wage bill is low (in comparison to other clubs) and many of our players will only need to be paid until June 30th. 

As for the season-ticket question; I think I will probably renew because the club will need some income. If I end up losing the money because there's no club then I haven't lost a fortune. But IF the current regime put the prices up to daft levels, then I'm not buying one. The league we are in makes no difference to whether I buy or not....just how much I'm willing to pay. 

I'd like to think the EFL, would be in a position to give donations or interest free loans to clubs who need the cash-flow, but that's another question. 
    Well in the last few years they've been happy to help Aston Villa (with their takeover issues) and now West Brom with their fight v Barcelona (over Louie Barry)

So they can help clubs when they want to
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I get the club will need the income argument but there is a ‘shananigans’ thread that imo casts doubt atm on whether it will be the club that gets to use the money or the owners and consultants.
  • Options
    I get the club will need the income argument but there is a ‘shananigans’ thread that imo casts doubt atm on whether it will be the club that gets to use the money or the owners and consultants.
    Thats the double edged sword and is why I feel Southall is holding us hostage

Dont buy a season ticket and you'll watch your club fold

Buy a season ticket and there is no guarantee your money will save the club anyway cos I want a new Range Rover
  • Options
    Hard to renew with these owners while they're rinsing the club.
  • Options
    Will definitely renew on one condition. We need to see the colour of some of Nimer's money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got mixed emotions

That's a real concern, but it could be a case of saying less income means speeding up the point where Southall is forced out and we can start getting back to normal.

Hopefully things will be sorted before then though and we don't have to worry. 
  • Options
    I've got mixed emotions

Southall can fuck off if he even thinks of putting that one on the fans, given how money he's taken out of the club in consultancy fees and rent etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Stig said:
    I've got mixed emotions

That's a real concern, but it could be a case of saying less income means speeding up the point where Southall is forced out and we can start getting back to normal.

Hopefully things will be sorted before then though and we don't have to worry. 
    It could speed up getting him out but at the same time he doesnt care what happens to Charlton, he's not a fan so doesnt have that emotional attachment

At the moment he's a leach who is only interested in milking the cow as much as possible and will do that until he's bleed us dry

He wont care if that results in us ceasing to exist

Its why I think its currently partly up to us to see how long that lasts
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Southall comes across as the type of egoist that part of the draw is the kudos of being seen with the flat, the car and in the directors' box at games.

RD was distant and not interested to the point he only attended 1 game. This presented challenges in confronting the issuing when he was hundreds of miles away on matchday and required the epic and admirable jaunts to his turf overseas.

This one doesn't strike me as the kind that would be happy being in charge on paper but not attending games and being visible at the valley on matchdays.

He has had a huge touch that our next couple of home games have been/ will likely be postponed because should he have the front to appear at the valley whilst all this is going on the reception will be far from good.

Therefore if he is still in situ on that basis come the start of next season (or even after the next few games at the valley) we will have failed as a fanbase.  And failure is not something our fanbase does.  

• Options
    I want the EFL to come out and say that they’ve lifted the transfer embargo, have had proof of source of funds from Nimer, we have a Exec Management Team we can trust who have past a fit n proper test and The Glass Man has officially 100% gone before I go anywhere near a renewal form 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I couldn’t think of a weirder time to start considering whether or not I might renew my season ticket for next season. 
    Agreed, nobody knows when football will resume, and when the next season will start. We could still be playing 2019/20 in the summer

If nothing else it gives more time for Nimer to remove Southall, and show his credentials
  • Options
    Will we even be able to is probably the more pertinent question. 

In the current circumstances, as a credit card company, would you take CAFC business knowing that purchasers of season tickets might be coming after them for recompense in the event the club folds?  The same applies to Zebra Finance or whoever might be supplying the loan deal.

That leaves the folding stuff and no one in their right mind should be offering up any of that until such time as matters are much much clearer than they now are.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Even more claims for a refund if you bought a half season ticket for the 10 home games left when ESI took over. We've only played 6.
    Good luck with that one, Southall has probably spent it.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Southall comes across as the type of egoist that part of the draw is the kudos of being seen with the flat, the car and in the directors' box at games.

RD was distant and not interested to the point he only attended 1 game. This presented challenges in confronting the issuing when he was hundreds of miles away on matchday and required the epic and admirable jaunts to his turf overseas.

This one doesn't strike me as the kind that would be happy being in charge on paper but not attending games and being visible at the valley on matchdays.

He has had a huge touch that our next couple of home games have been/ will likely be postponed because should he have the front to appear at the valley whilst all this is going on the reception will be far from good.

Therefore if he is still in situ on that basis come the start of next season (or even after the next few games at the valley) we will have failed as a fanbase.  And failure is not something our fanbase does.  

Fans 0 Dushitelet 1

We didn't win.