Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All Footie Bets Cancelled....... ?.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have found the relevant rule in Skybet's Terms and Conditions and one word puts them in a bit of an awkward place:

The official league table at the conclusion of the final match of the scheduled season will determine the settlement of bets. This will include any point penalties incurred at any stage before the end of the scheduled season. End of season play-offs will not count.
    They will say the season was scheduled to finish after 46 games. 

Past experience with some bookmakers has made me wary. It’s a bit like the clause ‘if there is a clear mistake’ If they price something wrong they will then cancel the bet and point to that or let you have the new price. Will never use a certain company again following this. It’s stacked against the man in the street.

Good luck though us punters need some! 
  • Options
    I have found the relevant rule in Skybet's Terms and Conditions and one word puts them in a bit of an awkward place:

The official league table at the conclusion of the final match of the scheduled season will determine the settlement of bets. This will include any point penalties incurred at any stage before the end of the scheduled season. End of season play-offs will not count.

Past experience with some bookmakers has made me wary. It’s a bit like the clause ‘if there is a clear mistake’ If they price something wrong they will then cancel the bet and point to that or let you have the new price. Will never use a certain company again following this. It’s stacked against the man in the street.

I want them to say that because they have declared my bets as losers and not voided them (some of my accas still had a chance of coming in). My argument is that they have no provision within their rules for a shortened season. Equally, there is no link in the rules for settling on the basis of the EFL declaring the respective Champions of League 1 and 2. 

Skybet issued a statement in May saying how they were proposing to settle the Leagues in the event of this and that "cash out" was available. However, this does not over ride the rules in place when the bets were struck and also they wouldn't offer me cash out because my bets included Barrow and Harrogate from the National League (with no decision still made as to what's happening with regards to Champions, promotion and relegation). 

It's not like the "palpable error" situation because, rightly or wrongly, they have a rule covering that situation. They don't have one covering this situation and I'm certainly not prepared to offer odds on them not introducing one for next season. Which in itself will be proof that they were wrong to settle all bets as losers bar Coventry and Swindon.

Bet365 have been extremely generous. Their rules were no different so they voided all bets. But have also settled Coventry and Swindon as winners. I have numerous accas with them involving Leeds and WBA some of which are with teams in League 1 who couldn't even mathematically win. But they will still pay out on them.
  • Options
    Are you guys telling me I might not be able to collect on this bet? I thought it was a sure thing !

• Options

I want them to say that because they have declared my bets as losers and not voided them (some of my accas still had a chance of coming in). My argument is that they have no provision within their rules for a shortened season. Equally, there is no link in the rules for settling on the basis of the EFL declaring the respective Champions of League 1 and 2. 

Skybet issued a statement in May saying how they were proposing to settle the Leagues in the event of this and that "cash out" was available. However, this does not over ride the rules in place when the bets were struck and also they wouldn't offer me cash out because my bets included Barrow and Harrogate from the National League (with no decision still made as to what's happening with regards to Champions, promotion and relegation). 

It's not like the "palpable error" situation because, rightly or wrongly, they have a rule covering that situation. They don't have one covering this situation and I'm certainly not prepared to offer odds on them not introducing one for next season. Which in itself will be proof that they were wrong to settle all bets as losers bar Coventry and Swindon.

Bet365 have been extremely generous. Their rules were no different so they voided all bets. But have also settled Coventry and Swindon as winners. I have numerous accas with them involving Leeds and WBA some of which are with teams in League 1 who couldn't even mathematically win. But they will still pay out on them.
    Apologies I hadn’t fully read all of Posts Fingers crossed it works out for you. 

I recall a number of bookies paid out for Lampards ‘non-goal’  against Germany. 

I agree that there will be amendments by next season to the rules. 
  • Options
    Still nothing on the conference (South).
    Anyone know how they plan on finishing the league?
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Still nothing on the conference (South).
    Anyone know how they plan on finishing the league?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.
    Scratching my head on the promotion/relegation bit though.
    Step 2 being the North/South leagues. 
    One side relegated from step one (conference), yet two go up (one from both North/South)?
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Thanks.
    Scratching my head on the promotion/relegation bit though.
    Step 2 being the North/South leagues. 
    One side relegated from step one (conference), yet two go up (one from both North/South)?
    But 2 teams are going up to League 2 and only 1 team is going down from league 2

So there will still be 24 teams in the NL 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    That makes sense, but wouldn’t that leave the conference south with 21 teams, seeing that Chorley would go into the north?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Conference South play off fixtures announced, Bet365 (amongst others) priced up promotion and preliminary play off games, yet cannot pay out on void league (as per league one) as they have not had the fixtures finalised?
    If they haven’t been finalised, then how can the price the games up.
    Fixtures have been finalised by National League.
    Might have a nibble on Dartford for promotion at 9/1.
    Any idea Bob Monro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ROTW said:
    Conference South play off fixtures announced, Bet365 (amongst others) priced up promotion and preliminary play off games, yet cannot pay out on void league (as per league one) as they have not had the fixtures finalised?
    Any idea Bob Monro?

Bob Monro may know more, but I don't I'm afraid - I'm just an HR bod!
    What I will say is that bet365 will play fairer than fair, as they did with League 1 and 2.
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?
    It is strange because they have settled League 1 & 2 with Coventry and Swindon as winners and voided any other bets on an ex gratia basis. That said, they haven't settled the Premier :League even though it is mathematically impossible for Liverpool not to win it.
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?
    It is strange because they have settled League 1 & 2 with Coventry and Swindon as winners and voided any other bets on an ex gratia basis. That said, they haven't settled the Premier :League even though it is mathematically impossible for Liverpool not to win it.

We didn't settle The Derby a furlong out, either!

Lots of each-way bets on the leagues and we'll just use the settling engine the once!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?

Lots of each-way bets on the leagues and we'll just use the settling engine the once!!
    And there's me thinking that the Bet365 laptop might have a "settle winner only" filter!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?

And there's me thinking that the Bet365 laptop might have a "settle winner only" filter!

It might have!
  • Options
    my 4 division acca with PP is just showing in my settled bets section

Bradford - L
    Ipswich - L
    Leeds - just grayed out
    Liverpool - W

no mention of it becoming a 'double' on Leeds/Liverpool?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?

More likely 2 furlongs after watching the race.
  • Options
    my 4 division acca with PP is just showing in my settled bets section

Bradford - L
    Ipswich - L
    Leeds - just grayed out
    Liverpool - W

no mention of it becoming a 'double' on Leeds/Liverpool?
    Presumably because PP have settled the acca as a loser. That is what most are doing apart from Bet365 which is why I am using the ones I had with Skybet as a "Test case" for ones I had with other bookies
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    bobmunro said:
    ROTW said:
    Any idea Bob Monro?

Bob Monro may know more, but I don't I'm afraid - I'm just an HR bod!
    What I will say is that bet365 will play fairer than fair, as they did with League 1 and 2.
    They have just paid out on a void season, nice one.
    Skybet on the other hand, have not.
    So that is a customer lost from Skybet.
    Shame really because I liked the football set up better than any other.