Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v QPR 7:45 17 March 2020

Should be an interesting line up for this evening‘s virtual match with a bit of that Irish baloney adding to the occasion. Car park is likely to be full of returned second-hand cars and the programme notes should be enlightening. 

Prediction 1-3

Comments

• Options
    I fancy an improvement defensively tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't concede.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Does anybody know if this will be on ifollow 😉
  • Options
    Tavern said:
    A load of QPR just got off the boat in Greenwich
    I don’t think they were QPR.
  • Options
    Is Keith Stroud the ref, no chance if it is.
  • Options
    0-0 written all over this and that’s just the line up
  • Options
    "Lee how do you think the atmosphere will be tonight?"

"The Charlton fans have been magnificent all season, really giving the players a lift, and I'm sure the lack of them or any match to watch tonight won't stop them getting behind the players"
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh no, we're really struggling to put a team out tonight - even the U23s and the tea lady is unavailable. Bowyer's given the players 5 days off until Thursday; whatever was he thinking?

"Charlton’s players were given five days break after the shutdown in matches while their Sparrows Lane training ground is deep cleaned.

“If you’re going to have three weeks without a game then it is for a good reason,” said Bowyer, below.

“The right thing to do is for everyone to step away and get the cleaning people in.

“We’ll come back in Thursday and we start going again." 

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-i-cant-see-football-resuming-for-us-to-play-millwall-derby-on-april-4/

• Options
    But will Sarr be back, or do we have to put up with the Lockyer - Pearce centre back partnership again that was such a disaster late on on Saturday? At least Williams broke his goal-scoring duck for us at Hull so maybe he can smash another one home? With Pratley and Davis suspended after the late goal that we lost to, tonight now does become must win! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone with football manager do a 90 min simulation? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oh no, we're really struggling to put a team out tonight - even the U23s and the tea lady is unavailable. Bowyer's given the players 5 days off until Thursday; whatever was he thinking?

"Charlton’s players were given five days break after the shutdown in matches while their Sparrows Lane training ground is deep cleaned.

“If you’re going to have three weeks without a game then it is for a good reason,” said Bowyer, below.

“The right thing to do is for everyone to step away and get the cleaning people in.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-i-cant-see-football-resuming-for-us-to-play-millwall-derby-on-april-4/

Good! Glad to hear that they're doing a deep clean. I hope all the staff have the appropriate protective gear while doing it. And that they then can keep doing that level of cleaning while the players are training. 

Also, a few days of social isolation for the players is probably good in case anyone is a carrier, 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Should be an interesting line up for this evening‘s virtual match with a bit of that Irish baloney adding to the occasion. Car park is likely to be full of returned second-hand cars and the programme notes should be enlightening. 

Prediction 1-3
    Best Match Preview of the season!!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I've been a fan of his but this is just inexcusable. His inexperience really showing.
  • Options
    They're showing the game on a big screen in the White Swan. 

Home fans only.
    Away fans are welcome at the Antigallican.

• Options
    Sarr back from injury to get a last minute winner
  • Options
    Just in case Happy Valley is self isolating...comfortable 4-0 home win
  • Options
    Played my son at FIFA this evening - Hull v Charlton, with me being the enemy. He won 2-0 I'm delighted to say. McGeady is the highest rated Charlton player,Jonny W one of the lowest.No wonder Driesen got it so wrong..
  • Options
    Any score yet?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS!  ANOTHER defensive balls up!

0-1
  • Options
    Bloody traffic & nowhere to park.......only just got here.  Have I missed much. .?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Game will have a delay - Matt Southall has chained himself to one of the goalposts. 
  • Options
    FFS!  ANOTHER defensive balls up!

0-1
    Needless to say it was Pearce at fault again. 
  • Options

Get the fuck in!!!!

Super Lyle!

1-1
  • Options
    Whatever next, the way that pigeon keeps strutting around the pitch. I thinks it’s a pigeon although it could be a grey crested warbler. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Bounced in off of Mouthalls bald head... he's livid, the Rangie has just been towed!
  • Options
    The ref seems to be overly fussy. He’s just made all the players use hand sanitiser for everyone in the penalty area at corners.
  • Options
    The referee is adding on 20 seconds injury time. The referee and linos are singing ‘happy birthday’ twice.