Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A gofundme page for a Seb statue

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    That's a lot of money just sitting about for six months.

Makes you wonder how many other 'go fund me' accounts are lying dormant without the original plans for their use being put in place.

I have the man who set up the gofundme page on Twitter, and I asked him about it a couple of days ago. He said he’s been given permission by Seb’s dad for any memorial that they think is right. He also said he’s tried contacting Olly via the Charlton twitter but he’s had no luck.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Makes you wonder how many other 'go fund me' accounts are lying dormant without the original plans for their use being put in place.

I have the man who set up the gofundme page on Twitter, and I asked him about it a couple of days ago. He said he’s been given permission by Seb’s dad for any memorial that they think is right. He also said he’s tried contacting Olly via the Charlton twitter but he’s had no luck.
    If Seb’s family are definitely on board, then I hope we can get something done now. 
    That raised total is encouraging, in that it’s not that far short of the target, so if we can have another push, I’m sure we could produce something worthy of Seb’s memory.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Tell him to message Sandgaard on twitter, he'll have a reply before the end of the hour.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Might be worth waiting until it's been decided exactly what sort of form of memorial it should be, before going for another push on the funding, so we know exactly what's needed.
    Oh, absolutely. Quite right. 
    I guess I was thinking we had a good idea of that already, but if not then yeah, completely agree.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    statue sitting in his seat would be way to go imo
    Feels right to me
  • Options
    The statue in the seat is most appropriate. It will mean that for as long as the club plays at The Valley, Seb will be in attendance, something i think we can all agree would of happend de facto if the man was still with us.
  • Options
    If the family agrees then I definitely think the statue in his seat is the best idea and a fitting tribute to Seb 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    100% with paulie, soapy & cafc...👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't wish to be indelicate, but a statue of Seb in his seat, may possibly be troublesome, in terms of people manoeuvring, possible accidental damage and also H&S.
    RIP Seb.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    statue sitting in his seat would be way to go imo
    This was what I’d assumed had already been agreed before. Sorry if I was unclear.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Just a suggestion, but how about a golden seat with his image etched into it that is given to his family to use in perpetuity. Also a replica of his flag to always be displayed in the ground. Also a trophy to be made for the player of the year to be named after him.