Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

N.H.S Holiday

I think when this Pandemic is over some of the large companies should give the N.H.S Doctors and Nursies a  paid for holiday,not all at once of course.

Comments

• Options
    35% pay increase and £10000 lum sum
  • Options
    Perhaps the Government will do something to increase their wages,every cloud etc.
  • Options
    WShootersHillGuru said:
    To be honest I think they would all just prefer to be paid a proper salary that reflects the skills and dedication that all NHS staff show.
    Spot on.

But wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture if this Government rattled the money tree once again and paid them all a substantial one-off payment when this is all over .

And I swear when the next NHS pay round comes round again I will do my utmost to ruin any politician who says there is no money left and freezes their pay.
    WShootersHillGuru said:
    To be honest I think they would all just prefer to be paid a proper salary that reflects the skills and dedication that all NHS staff show.
    Spot on.

But wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture if this Government rattled the money tree once again and paid them all a substantial one-off payment when this is all over .

And I swear when the next NHS pay round comes round again I will do my utmost to ruin any politician who says there is no money left and freezes their pay.

politicians tend to be hard headed and too often hard hearted .. but at bottom they tend to be pragmatists .. not even the most insensitive politician with a heart of stone would dare to freeze emergency workers pay when 'normality' or some semblance thereof returns ((:>)
  • Options
    WShootersHillGuru said:
    Spot on.

Blimey
  • Options
    I think UK will creat a new bank holiday called NHS day. 
  • Options
    Ironic that most of the NHS would be working 
  • Options
    How would you suggest that's marked by doctors, nurses and paramedics?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Chizz said:
    Perhaps let them park free of charge for the day in hospital car parks.

Seriously it's a disgrace they don't get free parking already. 
  • Options
    Just pay them what they're worth, which should be more than the bloody pen pushers.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Not voting Tory would probably be better for them.
    Yawn. We’ve just had an election if you can’t remember back that far and the Conservatives got in with a stonking majority. Let it go.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    In the same way they mark the other 8 existing bank holidays - that is with and increased pay rate or an alternative day off. 
  • Options
    Same posters piping up already had a spat with the usual suspect on this thread zzzzzzz
  • Options
    Was saying to my wife earlier, staff in the NHS are used to people dying, they’ve trained for it, it’s there job / vacation in life whatever you want to call it.

But they won’t be used to the sheer numbers that will be coming in and dying on them, I think they are going to need huge amounts of counciling and support needed when this is all over.

I just hope they don’t get too exhausted and overwhelmed in the mean time, stick your celebrity’s these people are the real heroes, just doing their job.
  • Options
    It is lovely to hear all of the praise from everyone and how there seems to be a passion and goodwill towards the NHS. Having worked for the NHS for 13 years I can honestly say that since starting in my job, I have never considered moving or leaving. I never came into the job for the money. I could work outside of the NHS and instantly earn another £10k a year, but the sense of being part of something would be lost. For me it's a bit like being an Addick, that just feels right, no matter what ups and downs come along, you just stick with it. Success is not measured in my salary. It is a priceless privilege every time somebody thanks me for helping to change/save their life.
    Wow - so humbling- other than that I have no words,

Other than, Prince...

Thank you and stay safe 🙏🙏